Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Will the grass be cut to its appropriate size on all grounds???

*Sorry....couldnt control myself :p

I wonder if that much detail would be put into the game :p

----------

Yes, they are all based on the actual ground dimensions and we have the weather over the stadium generated by the actual location of the stadiums and there real weather patterns. You can also turn off rain delays if you wish.

Will rain effect the pitch and outfield?

Will the grass be cut to its appropriate size on all grounds???

*Sorry....couldnt control myself :p

Grass does vary in the sense that the ball physics differ from ground to ground based on there geographical location. For example the ball will run slower to the boundary on grounds that have more rain, lush grass causing more friction. And conversely dry ground with short grass the ball will running faster to the rope with less friction.

Mike, your arrival has certainly blown up this forum a bit! It was pretty much dead prior to yesterday. Sorry to dwell on the topic of Chief, but his departure was very unusual. You said he has moved onto other projects; so you're saying he is no longer a part of the team for this game? Why's that?

I wonder if that much detail would be put into the game :p

----------

Will rain effect the pitch and outfield?

Yes, rain volumes will effect the field of play.

----------

Mike, your arrival has certainly blown up this forum a bit! It was pretty much dead prior to yesterday. Sorry to dwell on the topic of Chief, but his departure was very unusual. You said he has moved onto other projects; so you're saying he is no longer a part of the team for this game? Why's that?

I actually spoke to Chief/Jamie this morning and he is well and giving me good advise as always! The truth is his contract was up and he has moved onto other more pressing things based in London. However, as you can see he is still lurking around as he is a cricket tragic like me and we do miss his visits down under. Also I thought it was more important to give you update to date information on the AC2013 game from in the trenches so you stuck with me for awhile.

How many different bowling animations are there in the game?

Don't know the exact number in the overall game but it runs into the thousands. As previously stated the batsman alone at the crease has over 1,134 animations attached to his rig (character model). I'll ask the boys in the morning and get back to you on this fact.

Don't know the exact number in the overall game but it runs into the thousands. As previously stated the batsman alone at the crease has over 1,134 animations attached to his rig (character model). I'll ask the boys in the morning and get back to you on this fact.

Do different bowlers have their own personal animations?

I miss BLIC 2005 where you had slingshots and all kinds of cool actions. There was even a chucking one for Murali.

I actually spoke to Chief/Jamie this morning and he is well and giving me good advise as always! The truth is his contract was up and he has moved onto other more pressing things based in London. However, as you can see he is still lurking around as he is a cricket tragic like me and we do miss his visits down under. Also I thought it was more important to give you update to date information on the AC2013 game from in the trenches so you stuck with me for awhile.

Thanks for the apt reply.

On a completely unrelated subject, I found in IC2010 it was just too easy in test matches to score at 10 runs an over. Have you thought of some way to make the user run rates more realistic, particularly in tests?

I think when the people here talk about the animation, they mean one set of animation as a whole.....e.g. full delivery stride of bowler at crease, runup etc (like one animation for an off spinner might resemble Harbhajan Singh while for another off spinner it might resemble Swann!!....similarly do different batsman have different animations for the same shot, e.g. pull shot, cover drive!!

BLIC 2005 is probably one of the best cricket games to date.

It was the first game to have varying speeds for bowlers (but often unrealistic) and fluid batting. Batting was actually a joy in that game. I can't say the same about more recent games unfortunately.

Interesting..
Whats the length of commentary in AC13? ROSS has told us that the length of commentary in cricket 14 is 40+ hours.
And how much active commentary is in AC13?
I mean, does it match the commentary of EA FIFA SERIES?
Ea fifa series has exciting and active commentary.
Will commentary be exciting in t2O Format?

Users who are viewing this thread