Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Having Aus and Eng licensed ,can you guys have players from past in your games?,
like Shane warne .

We would love to have a legends mode in the game but the individual players licenses are a logistical nightmare and very expense to acquire. At this stage I can only dream on having Warnie, Thommo and Lillee in my team!

[/COLOR]

You not being rude and have the right to ask. The amount of platforms we cater the game too is a commercial call by the publisher. At the end of the day they are paying the production costs and we work closely with them to give them the best return on their investment as possible or they simply won't commission new cricket games if they can't make money on the deal. Unfortunately, PS Vita is currently not on our radar right now and we have to focus all efforts on the PC & console version that have maximum reach.

----------

Can you atleast inform publisher that there is demand for game in portable platforms, brian lara cricket 07 is the only portable game available .

We have discussed with 505 Games all potential platforms for AC2013 but the reality we have to go with the most popular game platforms first. But I hear what you are saying about portable platforms.

We have discussed with 505 Games all potential platforms for AC2013 but the reality we have to go with the most popular game platforms first. But I hear what you are saying about portable platforms.

Thank you, thats all the question from my side, thanks for quick responce. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a VITA version.Till Then i will enjoy your game on PC.

Mike,
There was a lot of talk about this game having a new line and length bowling system!! Could you elaborate on that? How is it different than the line and length system in, say, IC2010?

Mike,
There was a lot of talk about this game having a new line and length bowling system!! Could you elaborate on that? How is it different than the line and length system in, say, IC2010?

Hi Angad, over the next 12 weeks leading up to the game's November release I will be giving you a weekly run down of each of the key features of the game i.e. line & length bowling, field editor, live pitch, pro-active commentary guidance, etc... Right now my priority is to answer as many questions as possible and as soon as the dust settle on the AC2013 game release postponement announcement. I'll start this process as of the week commencing 5/8/2013.As previously stated I'll also give you a lowdown on priorities for us in that week and a round up at the end of the week of what we did or did not achieve in this time period.

Welcome Mike.

Appreciate you coming on in here and letting us know about the future of the game. I really won't compare with Big Ant as of now. From what I see, theirs seems to be a much better product as of date. I won't ask you how you are going to cope with a solid competition at hands. I just hope by the end of this year I get two quality cricket games which are unique in their own ways. What I do hope is you will be transparent enough to speak about the progress of the game and keep us updated.

People are frustrated/angry. And, I beleive they should be because of how we have been treated. And, you also know it wasn't fair. Hopefully we won't be dumped like earlier.

Good luck!

:)

Mike thanks for answering my questions. Please clarify few things.

1. You have nicely avoided my questions and answered in most cryptic manner, therefore i (if you feel to answer) ask you to clarify. How can a sports game be without a career mode?

2. Have you heard of cricket heroes? Lowest of budget games yet it has an intense career mode. I am saying you don't need fifa or madden budget to implement a career mode.

3. As when i mentioned " your competitor" you shy away answering the whole question. I will put it most frank way as possible now. If ross from bigant studio knew about the delay 3 months before the original release date, please don't tell me you were not aware of it. Since you knew why didnt chief clarify at that time and be upfront.

cricket 14 from bigant gradually grew as a cricket game and made.significant changes to their features to suit us. They infact threw away the management mode of cricket because people here wanted a be a pro type career, and yet trickstar thinks career mode, player editor are not important and did not into your priority list.

can you explain how this game will have longevity just by having an ashes?

Just to repeat a few of my previous questions that seem to remain unanswered.

Can you explain why moving field positions around is a replacement for having no interactivity in the catching process at all? IC2010 perfected catching in a cricket game from my perspective if it weren't for the animation of it not being very fluid - I can't understand dropping that, at least as an option.

The reverse sweep being missing and planned for DLC seemed very strange, was there a specific issue with the shot, or was it missed?

Would you still drop promised features, like DRS, if it meant delivering a better product in November - or are the additional features a distinct coding problem from the fundamental issues that prevented a release in June?

When do you expect to be at a point to graphically demonstrate the bowling controls? The red dot in the Vine clip just totally threw out anything I thought I understood from previous descriptions.

For the guys that asked here are the minimum PC specs for AC2013 game:

Operating system: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 Operating System
Processor: Intel i3 or AMD A6 or above processor
Memory: 2GB Main Memory
Hard disk space: 11.0GB Hard Drive Space
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 400 or ATI Radeon 6000 series, 512MB, Shader model 3.0+ graphics card
Sound: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX?: DirectX version 9.0c

Processor: Intel i3 or AMD A6 or above processor
I have an Athlon II X4 640 - which sits on PassMark a bit above some A6 models. Do you know if there's anything specific to the A6 that's necessary for the game to run?

Secondly, presuming those requirements are based on testing on the near current PC builds, will the optimisation being done make the minimum requirements lower, or just make it look better/smoother at the minimum?

Just to repeat a few of my previous questions that seem to remain unanswered.

Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Can you explain why moving field positions around is a replacement for having no interactivity in the catching process at all? IC2010 perfected catching in a cricket game from my perspective if it weren't for the animation of it not being very fluid - I can't understand dropping that, at least as an option.

The reverse sweep being missing and planned for DLC seemed very strange, was there a specific issue with the shot, or was it missed?

Would you still drop promised features, like DRS, if it meant delivering a better product in November - or are the additional features a distinct coding problem from the fundamental issues that prevented a release in June?

When do you expect to be at a point to graphically demonstrate the bowling controls? The red dot in the Vine clip just totally threw out anything I thought I understood from previous descriptions.

Hi Matt, to answer your questions: We have field editor for you to take a "Captain's Role" and move the field placement were you wish (within the rules). When you say no inactivity with the catching process this is not entirely true as you must place your field where you think is best then get your bowler to bowl a certain ball to entice the batsman to hit the ball in the intended direction of your fielders. If the ball comes close to the fielder he will automatically catch the ball but there are factors that come into play that may cause the fielder to miss a diving catch or the like. I guess I leave it to you to be the judge of this new system when you finally get your hands on the game.

Reverse sweep was left out initially simply because we didn't have time to perfect it in the game. Now that's no longer a excuse.

Putting features back into the game because of time restraints is also no longer a major hurdle but before we confirm all the features the team want to make sure we are indeed over some major technical hurdles that have severely hampered our ability to turn everything on. More will be revealed as we confirm certain features are now working effectively without impacting frame rate or memory on the console versions.

As previously stated from early September you will see a constant flow of materials to this effect and the vine vid doesn't show off the HUD at all which was turned off at the time we took this raw footage a month or so ago. We need the month of August to get all this together so I need to leave the team alone to totally focus on turning on all the good stuff on before we can give you a true reflection of the game.

Mike thanks for answering my questions. Please clarify few things.

1. You have nicely avoided my questions and answered in most cryptic manner, therefore i (if you feel to answer) ask you to clarify. How can a sports game be without a career mode?

2. Have you heard of cricket heroes? Lowest of budget games yet it has an intense career mode. I am saying you don't need fifa or madden budget to implement a career mode.

3. As when i mentioned " your competitor" you shy away answering the whole question. I will put it most frank way as possible now. If ross from bigant studio knew about the delay 3 months before the original release date, please don't tell me you were not aware of it. Since you knew why didnt chief clarify at that time and be upfront.

cricket 14 from bigant gradually grew as a cricket game and made.significant changes to their features to suit us. They infact threw away the management mode of cricket because people here wanted a be a pro type career, and yet trickstar thinks career mode, player editor are not important and did not into your priority list.

can you explain how this game will have longevity just by having an ashes?

Gotta love seeing all these repeated questions! I'm pretty sure Mike has answered about the career mode. He and his team obviously felt like it wasn't for AC13.

I'm really enjoying reading the responses but to keep asking about a damn career mode its really annoying. Give it a rest :facepalm

intel core 2 duo, gtx 550 ti 1gb graphics card,
4gb ram,
windows 7
Is this enough for this game ?
i3 is the minimum or core 2 duo work ? Pls help me..

Users who are viewing this thread