Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Thanks for wishing us luck as we haven't had one lucky break on this production so far but we that doesn't mean we should give up. I agree the 'proof in the pudding" is if the game sells in November onwards so we have a challenge ahead but we will get there.

As previously stated we are not using anything from our previous tech so on the online side we have taken a fresh approach to everything including online but as you say "Let's see how the game turns out in November".

I think almost all cricket gaming fans, including PCers, wish you luck and want you, Big Ant and every other cricket gaming developer/publisher to succeed :thumbs

As a long suffering cricket gaming fan I would want to have as many successful cricket games as possible, and would love nothing more than a couple of long running successful cricket titles a la Madden or FIFA series :cheers

No not at the moment but one day I bet they will have a crack at it again, they still have the licence don't they.:spy

they never had all team licensed except AUS & ENG (EA Cricket 07). planet-cricket members make players faces EA doesn't lol.
& hellya after BA cricket they will try to make one for sure.

Just a reminder to everyone to make sure they've read previous posts and don't repeat questions. I know it's hard to do at times but there's nothing worse than someone jumping up and down repeating a question that has already been answered.

I'm not sure we have an answer on this but will Australian/English licensed players be able to be added to the unlicensed composite teams? One of the drawbacks of IC10 was that you couldn't have an "IPL" team with correct rosters. It seems crazy for the CA and ECB licenses to disadvantage the possibilities the game offers.

Mike thanks for coming at planet cricket and talking to us about the game. I do have few questions and i hope to get an honest answer on these.

1. In today's day and age any sports game even small budget games comes with a basic career mode! how has trickstar not managed to implement till yet! even though you had cracked at 3 cricket title up until now. (Because it's an ashes game, does not makes an excuse to exclude a career mode).

2. Why non of the cricket title developed by tricktstar/transmission has managed to even implement basics of cricket correctly.

3. We were given information by your competitor on where your game is 3 months ahead of the first release date that you will not make it on 21st june, why couldn't someone from trickstar just admitted at that point, the situation would have be a lot different.

4. My thought have not changed that, this game is nothing but a money grabber, a game which we will pay for (similar to FIFA, MADDEN,) prices yet the game is so feature light!Gameplay should be ace, however in order to have the longevity of the game it needs other things to keep us glued to the game.

5. You have been working on this game for 2 years with experience people who have worked on cricket titles before, how have you managed to screw up a game which does not have anything feature wise! I am sure when you look at BA cricket, it has surpass in terms of feature by long long way.

I do hope to get answer for these questions.

Last edited:
You say you welcome competition, yet how does you setting CA on Ross and the Big Ant team support this conclusion?
You say you're a man of your word, yet you fully well knew that the game wasn't going to release by June 21st, continued to take pre-orders and gave a bunch of hocus pocus reasons as to why it was slightly off. Furthermore, you promised to do your Q&A's. There has been a real abundance of those hasn't there.

Now Mike, you're not a bad guy you were just driven to desperation due to how the game was looking. But let me ask you one thing. Was it Trickstar's or 505's call to leave the public in the dark/run a dire media campaign?

Nonetheless, I have a real respect for you trying to make amends with those you've mucked about. It takes balls and for that you've got to tip the cap. But I just fear the boat's passed for many on these forums and you're going to need something nigh on miraculous to get many back.

Mike thanks for coming at planet cricket and talking to us about the game. I do have few questions and i hope to get an honest answer on these.

1. In today's day and age any sports game even small budget games comes with a basic career mode! how has trickstar not managed to implement till yet! even though you had cracked at 3 cricket title up until now. (Because it's an ashes game, does not makes an excuse to exclude a career mode).

2. Why non of the cricket title developed by tricktstar/transmission has managed to even implement basics of cricket correctly.

3. We were given information by your competitor on where your game is 3 months ahead of the first release date that you will not make it on 21st june, why couldn't someone from trickstar just admitted at that point, the situation would have be a lot different.

4. My thought have not changed that, this game is nothing but a money grabber, a game which we will pay for (similar to FIFA, MADDEN,) prices yet the game is so feature light!Gameplay should be ace, however in order to have the longevity of the game it needs other things to keep us glued to the game.

5. You have been working on this game for 2 years with experience people who have worked on cricket titles before, how have you managed to screw up a game which does not have anything feature wise! I am sure when you look at BA cricket, it has surpass in terms of feature by long long way.

I do hope to get answer for these questions.

OK, here I go on the answers:

1. We consider a career mode in the early days of design with AC2013 and as previously stated we think it isn't a priority for our game and we would put all our major resources into focussing on game play. Sorry if this disappoints you but that was a decision we made nearly 18 months ago and we have to stick to it.

2. Not sure how to answer this but we have done our best on the budget and time frames allocated to these games in the past with Codemasters and overall considering these factors we have always managed overall to put out a quality cricket games.

3. Not sure what the "your competitor" is saying and quite frankly I don't care as my focus is finishing our game to the best of our abilities. Communicating to you guys is now one of my personal priorities and that is why I am here now answering questions and trying to give you a clear picture moving forward.

4. Sorry to read you think it is just a "money grabber" but to be fair it would have been exactly that had not 505 Games made the commercial decision to postpone the game to give us more time to get it right. Also Big Ant and TG can only dream of the budget and resources on productions like FIFA and Madden but the reality is any cricket game will also sell a fraction of what revenue these games generate so we have to do a lot more for less and still try to give you guys value which is a real challenge just in itself.

5. I agree we have screwed up and made some technical choices that have come back to bite us in the arse big time but we are over coming these challenges. Also don't write off just yet as we haven't shown the game in it's true light but as I said earlier "action speaks louder than words" so you have to be a little bit more patient before we can reveal all.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to respond to your questions.

----------

You say you welcome competition, yet how does you setting CA on Ross and the Big Ant team support this conclusion?
You say you're a man of your word, yet you fully well knew that the game wasn't going to release by June 21st, continued to take pre-orders and gave a bunch of hocus pocus reasons as to why it was slightly off. Furthermore, you promised to do your Q&A's. There has been a real abundance of those hasn't there.

Now Mike, you're not a bad guy you were just driven to desperation due to how the game was looking. But let me ask you one thing. Was it Trickstar's or 505's call to leave the public in the dark/run a dire media campaign?

Nonetheless, I have a real respect for you trying to make amends with those you've mucked about. It takes balls and for that you've got to tip the cap. But I just fear the boat's passed for many on these forums and you're going to need something nigh on miraculous to get many back.

Agree we have screwed up and need to redeem ourselves as we should have a been a safe pair of hands based on our past history producing cricket games. This is a humbling experience believe me but we have always delivered on our contracts and I don't plan to stop now. I hope people will stick with us but we have to prove ourselves over the coming weeks and leave the doomsayers to dwell in their negativity. Thanks for listening.

Patient is my middle name so all cool there Mike.:D
PS Now all this career mode talk, well yeah in the future you must have a better look at this feature as it's normal for a sports game these days. Still maybe we should all focus on what the game does have as bigant does not have everything(almost:p) Good Luck again.:clap

The choice was to ship an inferior product and hope the noise would eventually go away and just pocket the money

This kind of attitude stinks Mike, and you say your passionate? The only passion I can I see is the passion for making a quick dollar.

Mike, to give credit where its due, really impressed by the answer's and politeness.

People will be bitter as they have been misinformed.

Personally, I may change my mind about the game if you guys are still involved, not all the time, but we have seen dev's almost disappear in previous iteration as well right after game was released

Last edited:
Patient is my middle name so all cool there Mike.:D
PS Now all this career mode talk, well yeah in the future you must have a better look at this feature as it's normal for a sports game these days. Still maybe we should all focus on what the game does have as bigant does not have everything(almost:p) Good Luck again.:clap

OK thanks. Rest assured, we will be conducting a major "post mortem" for the game when we are finishing and carefully analysing what got right and what we got wrong to try to address that in our next cricket game.

Ok like This is a serious question, are you trying to sell kitchens on ashes 2013 forum for some extra money.:p:yes

This kind of attitude stinks Mike, and you say your passionate? The only passion I can I see is the passion for making a quick dollar.

If i wasn't passionate I would not be in the games development business I would be working for a big corporate company 9-5 and spending a lot more time with my family. There is a saying in the games business "if you want o make a small fortune in games start with a large one!". Ask any indie game developer about this and they will all tell you that they do it for the love of games and if they make money it is a bonus.

----------

Ok like This is a serious question, are you trying to sell kitchens on ashes 2013 forum for some extra money.:p:yes

Nice idea :)

Yes we are aware of the competition as Ross is a good guy and has a great team behind him. We won't have career mode in this iteration of the game but we have big plans for cricket games in the future on multiple platforms but we have to finish Ashes Cricket 2013 first.

I would say, its okay for us people to play your game (with no career mode) enjoying ashes test series, county matches, tournaments for few months, so lets says 2-3 months and this should buy some time for you guys to add on Career mode through DLCs but this feature has to be there in the game..please Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread