Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

To answer your questions as a whole the 6 sec vid was a big mistake and should have not been shown but the intention was good here and that was to show you something of the game. Obviously that back fired and we are at fault as 505 Games had to work with the raw footage and actual in game screen shots we have give them. Firstly, the screen shots you have seen are now over six months old and secondly the vid footage is over a month old with all the graphical stuff turned off at that stage. Now "action speaks louder than words" so we will be working hard through August to get everything turned on and all the game logic and stuff like our Batsmen have 1,134 animations attached to them but in the version you saw in the vid only about 20% was turn on at that time.

Thankfully, Big Ant have set the bar for us with their sneak peak video which looks really nice but we are confident with the additional 3 months extra time to work on the game we can match or even surpass it. Graphics aside what really counts for me is actual gameplay and that is our top priority the game has to play well and we have learn't a lot from our previous cricket game releases so that has to translate to a better game for us this time around.

Surpass it, big words mike and I would love to see that.:rolleyes
I have to ask also Mike, did you take holidays when some of these decisions were made in the last few months or have you hired a new marketing team.:eek: PS Just having some fun, I will say this mike and only if.
If your game turns out great in the end and even beats cricket 14 as best cricket game then this will make a great come back story. NO DUKE FOREVER PLEASE.:facepalm

Surpass it, big words mike and I would love to see that.:rolleyes
I have to ask also Mike, did you take holidays when some of these decisions were made in the last few months or have you hired a new marketing team.:eek: PS Just having some fun, I will say this mike and only if.
If your game turns out great in the end and even beats cricket 14 as best cricket game then this will make a great come back story. NO DUKE FOREVER PLEASE.:facepalm

I love a challenge and our aim is to try to surpass it as we need to redeem ourselves here as we have build good cricket games in the past so we need to do the same and quite frankly I think the competition is goo for all of us.

We have three months to get this right and save our reputation as well as help 505 Games save face as they have done nothing wrong. So the pressure is all on us to perform and I won't be taking a family holiday for quite awhile even though I could use one!

----------

Can you tell us about new features you are adding in game?

As soon as we turn everything on in the game and know were we are with frame rate and memory for console version we can then determine what further content we can fit into the game. So to answer your question I cannot give you a straight answer on this right now but by the end of August all will be revealed on the feature set for the game.

As soon as we turn everything on in the game and know were we are with frame rate and memory for console version we can then determine what further content we can fit into the game. So to answer your question I cannot give you a straight answer on this right now but by the end of August all will be revealed on the feature set for the game.

not too long, specially with ashes series going on!

i am sorry if i asked too much questions, thanks for the replies! :)

Hi Mike,

Glad to see you are on here:)
I have two questions:

1.if the game is not finished how comes stuart broad has a copy and been playing it:( ? Ie he has been tweeting pics of the game from twitter

2. If you get everything completed before november is there a chance the release date of being pushed forward? (Earlier)

Kind regards and good luck
Rizwan

My only advice to you Mike is not to promise to much but if you do then make sure it happens. I bet you have seen how bigant have gave us stuff over the last few months, i'm not saying copy them but think of your own ways to get back your customers in the next 3 months. It's easy to say we will work hard and you will see the results, ball is in your court mate. PS You say 1134 animations for the batsmen, can you take about what we will see in 6 weeks time. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Glad to see you are on here:)
I have two questions:

1.if the game is not finished how comes stuart broad has a copy and been playing it:( ? Ie he has been tweeting pics of the game from twitter

2. If you get everything completed before november is there a chance the release date of being pushed forward? (Earlier)

Kind regards and good luck
Rizwan

To answer your questions - Stuart Broad doesn't have a copy of the game yet even though the England guys and especially the Aussies ( they need as much practise as they can get right now) all want copies of the game when we are done. Stuart was playing a daily build of the game for a photo opportunity at Lord's and was kind enough to tweet about it.

At this stage we now have a concrete date to be announced in November to work too and there is no chance it will be released earlier. The plan is to have it before the 1st Ashes Test in Australia late November but more details will be revealed in coming weeks.

Mike, if the game has so many faults, why was Stuart Broad playing it?

Thanks

He was available with Steve Finn to take an early look at the game in development at that time with our publisher at Lord's and quite rightly 505 Games took full advantage of this great PR opportunity.

----------

@Mike - is their any way you could get licences from all national teams?

Sorry EA has an exclusive ICC license so these national team licenses are currently not available to us.

So Mike....who is responsible for the stuff up and poor effort? Who is paying the price and what are the ramifications of the delay? Surely someone is in hot water for the delay and it is costing someone financially?

Out my the first test, November 21st good luck Mike. PS Please work on the ball graphics, just have a look at the bigant cricket ball to see how it's done.

Mike please make the game more realistic e.g. slips staying in place for majority of the test.

Everytime I play a test in ICC2010 the slips get removed maximum after 2 overs.

Also I play extremely slowly just to act more realistic. I could easily hit 6 sixes every single ball in ICC2010.

Users who are viewing this thread