Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Mike, to give credit where its due, really impressed by the answer's and politeness.

People will be bitter as they have been misinformed.

Personally, I may change my mind about the game if you guys are still involved, not all the time, but we have seen dev's almost disappear in previous iteration as well right after game was released

Thanks for you positive comments but we will fight hard to get the game we want out there later this year. We don't plan to go anywhere and we have been sweating buckets of blood on this game but we know once we have done all the hard yards it will hold is good steed on hopefully future iterations on multiple game platforms. I will do my best to keep you informed of our progress over the next 12 weeks.

----------

I would say, its okay for us people to play your game (with no career mode) enjoying ashes test series, county matches, tournaments for few months, so lets says 2-3 months and this should buy some time for you guys to add on Career mode through DLCs but this feature has to be there in the game..please Mike.

Sorry we just don't have the time to retro fit career mode in Ashes Cricket 2013. Retro fitting is a huge "no-no" in the games development business and will only lead to more heartache for all of us. I am confident with the features we will ship with the game are going to keep you busy and give you an enjoyable cricket experience so hang in there!

Hi Mike,
Can u please tell us that how stadiums will now be included in AC13.
And how many of them will be from subcontinent?
And also tell us about DLC?
Thanks and good to see u here.

So Mike, what's your plan now on the DLC? Is there gonna be something like that? Also, is there a custom tournament creator option in AC13, or if you haven't thought of this till now, can you think of this now? Because this can certainly add to the longevity of the game.

EDIT - we don't want anything similar to that in AC09, which had little effect on the tournament itself...

Thanks for you positive comments but we will fight hard to get the game we want out there later this year. We don't plan to go anywhere and we have been sweating buckets of blood on this game but we know once we have done all the hard yards it will hold is good steed on hopefully future iterations on multiple game platforms. I will do my best to keep you informed of our progress over the next 12 weeks.

----------

Sorry we just don't have the time to retro fit career mode in Ashes Cricket 2013. Retro fitting is a huge "no-no" in the games development business and will only lead to more heartache for all of us. I am confident with the features we will ship with the game are going to keep you busy and give you an enjoyable cricket experience so hang in there!

so what about catching system, can't you provide both option :
1. manual (mini-game ) and
2. automatic catches.

or I suggest, for any catches in 15 yards circle should be automated as these catches are fast with no time to react so it won't slow down the game but any catching opportunity outside 15 yards should be manual, as those give some time to react.

Hi Mike,
I would like to know if you are still working on the animations and if its still your focus in the next 3 months. I am sure you are aware of the fact that the animations (both the animation + their fluidity) in both AC09 and IC2010 were just horrible. They were jittery and unrealistic. We have seen the same in the 6 second gameplay video that was released. I do really hope that you take it on top priority as frankly they do matter a lot (more than graphics) when it comes to overall experience in the game. The animations should look realistic and fluid.

Hi Mike,
Can u please tell us that how stadiums will now be included in AC13.
And how many of them will be from subcontinent?
And also tell us about DLC?
Thanks and good to see u here.

Hi Hamza, There are 30 stadiums already built to now be included in AC2013 to be released in November. There are 8 stadiums from the sub-continent in the game, There is no DLC planned as everything will now be in the game when released in November. Cheers, Mike

----------

So Mike, what's your plan now on the DLC? Is there gonna be something like that? Also, is there a custom tournament creator option in AC13, or if you haven't thought of this till now, can you think of this now? Because this can certainly add to the longevity of the game.

EDIT - we don't want anything similar to that in AC09, which had little effect on the tournament itself...

As previously stated now no DLC planned as everything will be included in the game for November release. There is a custom tournament creator in the game for Test, ODI & t20 modes. Game is different than our previous AC2009 game which I will work through with you all in the coming weeks.

Hi Guys,

We won't be doing a PS Vita port at this time as the publisher hasn't asked for it. Wii U is on hold until we get XB360 & PS3 versions right as we have to prioritise platforms based on popularity.

So i guess a gamer asking for a game is not enough for you , last i checked we buy your games and support you , still you do what publisher says.
Are you making for publisher or us , who want the game on as many platforms as possible.
Apologies for sounding rude , but i had high expectations from you guys as you are using Unity engine ,which has support for PS VITA as well.
Looks like i would have to wait for my portable cricket game.
Hope your game does well and eventually comes to VITA(really want this to happen)

So i guess a gamer asking for a game is not enough for you , last i checked we buy your games and support you , still you do what publisher says.

Lol....that cracked me up!! I wish it was as easy as that :D!

Hi Mike,
I would like to know if you are still working on the animations and if its still your focus in the next 3 months. I am sure you are aware of the fact that the animations (both the animation + their fluidity) in both AC09 and IC2010 were just horrible. They were jittery and unrealistic. We have seen the same in the 6 second gameplay video that was released. I do really hope that you take it on top priority as frankly they do matter a lot (more than graphics) when it comes to overall experience in the game. The animations should look realistic and fluid.

We literally have thousands of animations to work with but before we can implement all of them we have some fundamental issues to resolve over the next few week namely frame rate & memory issues on the console versions of the game. We think we have resolved these issues but need at least of hard core testing to make sure everything we need is working as it should. Once we have this stability we will start to turn on more & more of the graphical content and animations which should see a marked improvement in the game. We are not using any old animations as these dated back to 2005 and I agree looked tired. We have a new animation system we are using now which to be honest has been somewhat problematic to date but after short term pain it will give us a long term gain.

----------

Hey mike,what about stamina bar ?;-).

The player do indeed fatigue in the game and you will get constant visual reminders of this as well as their confidence levels which are also effected by lack of stamina. Also the commentators will gently offer advise if you player is flagging on the field.

----------

Are you making for publisher or us , who want the game on as many platforms as possible.
Apologies for sounding rude , but i had high expectations from you guys as you are using Unity engine ,which has support for PS VITA as well.
Looks like i would have to wait for my portable cricket game.
Hope your game does well and eventually comes to VITA(really want this to happen)

You not being rude and have the right to ask. The amount of platforms we cater the game too is a commercial call by the publisher. At the end of the day they are paying the production costs and we work closely with them to give them the best return on their investment as possible or they simply won't commission new cricket games if they can't make money on the deal. Unfortunately, PS Vita is currently not on our radar right now and we have to focus all efforts on the PC & console version that have maximum reach.

----------

What about manual appeal?

We do have manual appeal in the game.

Lol....that cracked me up!! I wish it was as easy as that :D!
Dude i really want the game to appear on VITA , thats why my frustration is coming out like this in silly comments.
I will be buying both ashes cricket 13 and big ant cricket for my PC , but a portable version of cricket is what i would prefer.
I have spent over 1000 hours on ashes cricket 09 and have numerous videos of it on my channel, but is no way near to the amount of time i have spent on Brian lara cricket 07(psp version) as i always had my psp with me , i could play the game where ever i want.
Thats the bonus of portable gaming.

Dude i really want the game to appear on VITA , thats why my frustration is coming out like this in silly comments.
I will be buying both ashes cricket 13 and big ant cricket for my PC , but a portable version of cricket is what i would prefer.
I have spent over 1000 hours on ashes cricket 09 and have numerous videos of it on my channel, but is no way near to the amount of time i have spent on Brian lara cricket 07(psp version) as i always had my psp with me , i could play the game where ever i want.
Thats the bonus of portable gaming.

I understand your frustration but this is a commercial call and not up to us as the developer. BTW, we did the BL cricket 07 PSP version as well so I am glad you are still playing it!

[/COLOR]

You not being rude and have the right to ask. The amount of platforms we cater the game too is a commercial call by the publisher. At the end of the day they are paying the production costs and we work closely with them to give them the best return on their investment as possible or they simply won't commission new cricket games if they can't make money on the deal. Unfortunately, PS Vita is currently not on our radar right now and we have to focus all efforts on the PC & console version that have maximum reach.

----------

Can you atleast inform publisher that there is demand for game in portable platforms, brian lara cricket 07 is the only portable game available .

Users who are viewing this thread