Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

intel core 2 duo, gtx 550 ti 1gb graphics card,
4gb ram,
windows 7
Is this enough for this game ?
i3 is the minimum or core 2 duo work ? Pls help me..

Guys, I will get back to you all on the PC compatibility questions in the morning as I have to run it by one of the tech guys for straight answers.

Thanks Mike for your reply.And best of luck.
In future will u try to acquire ICC license?
And in future sequels please try to put ashes series option like ea did in cricket 07 instead of making separate game for ashes.
I think in future there will be a big competition between big ant studios and trickstar in getting the ICC License.
And Mike you did not focus on domestic cricket in your previous games but I hope you will try to focus on domestic cricket.

Mike, this may be a hard time for you, but being here and answering the questions will really help sales. So tough it out. Most posters on the forum only want to look forward to great crickets games (two of them) being released this year. It's been a long wait.:)

When you say no inactivity with the catching process this is not entirely true as you must place your field where you think is best then get your bowler to bowl a certain ball to entice the batsman to hit the ball in the intended direction of your fielders.
I'm not aware of any game where you couldn't place your field. Management games also allow you to set the line of the delivery and set the field - but they aren't an interactive simulation.

You've gone away from the strictly set field positions of many other games, but unless the AI is absolutely perfect, all that does is amplify issues that just about every cricket game I've seen has where bowling on a certain line with fielders around the bat will almost certainly result in dismissals. I think that placement freedom will single-handedly destroy online play.

But regardless - why not both? Instead create the chance after all your effort and then hope that the randomisation falls your way and the catch is taken by the fielder? Yes, that's how it works when you're playing for real - but when you're playing for real, you're standing around 90% of the time waiting for something to happen, which isn't what you want in a game.

I did utilise automatic catching in EA's games - because their catching was just frustration out of not knowing the right timing and dropping obvious catches because of it. But Ashes Cricket 2009 perfected it for me - the ring around the ball was easy to get used to, and made the hard catches hard and the easy stuff easy but didn't mean I needed impossible reaction times for slips catches.

As previously stated from early September you will see a constant flow of materials to this effect and the vine vid doesn't show off the HUD at all which was turned off at the time we took this raw footage a month or so ago. We need the month of August to get all this together so I need to leave the team alone to totally focus on turning on all the good stuff on before we can give you a true reflection of the game.
I suppose I shouldn't have mentioned 'show'. How about a diagram? I just can't visualise the mechanics and have heard a bunch of descriptions that don't get a complete picture - "a grid with a line going up and down the pitch" is basically what I'm trying to visualise based on previous info.

Sorry to read you think it is just a "money grabber" but to be fair it would have been exactly that had not 505 Games made the commercial decision to postpone the game to give us more time to get it right.

Believe it or not I actually salute you for typing that for all to see. however it proves that it was not trickstar that felt the game needed improvement, but 505 instead. That's abit like you saying: "I would have burgled your house, but my mum told me not to". (No I'm not saying you're a criminal before people start, it's just an analogy)
Before people decide to pucker up to you because you're here, they need to run that quote of yours through their heads a few times first.
I wish you luck with your game mr.fegan, but this is one person you won't sell to.

Believe it or not I actually salute you for typing that for all to see. however it proves that it was not trickstar that felt the game needed improvement, but 505 instead. That's abit like you saying: "I would have burgled your house, but my mum told me not to". (No I'm not saying you're a criminal before people start, it's just an analogy)
Before people decide to pucker up to you because you're here, they need to run that quote of yours through their heads a few times first.
I wish you luck with your game mr.fegan, but this is one person you won't sell to.

Well it is funny indeed....I just cant get over the fact that just a little over couple of weeks back they were showing their game like it was something filled with beauty.....and suddenly they realized its not upto their standards lol!! Come on......they 'would' have released the game as it is, had it not been BigAnt who actually showed what true quality is and then the backlash on all their posts....whether it was QnA or screenshots or that video!!

Whatever it is.....its good now that someone stood up and postponed the game, else it was destined for a disaster!! Atleast now they can iron out the flaws and still release a game that is presentable.....and maybe in future they can build up on it!!

As for the future....I think (though time will tell) BigAnt's approach towards batting, bowling and fielding is the path I would want cricket games to take. The old tried and tested formula of have a marker on the pitch, deciding the shot before even the delivery is bowled, using buttons to play shots......all of these just feel redundant now, specially with the next gen coming in.

Personally, my only interest in this game is the competition it brings to BigAnt's Cricket.....as I would always want BigAnt to be on their toes and continue to deliver us the goods :D!

As for Mike....I have nothing personally against you :cheers!! So dont take any of the comments above personally!! I dont know what your role was in making the delay public, thus I have nothing against you!!! I also still feel that it took guts for you to join this forum and talk to people as there is indeed a lot of hate towards the way 505Games treated us over the last few months!!

Last edited:
This is where Ross has advantage, he just doesn't sleep ;) He lurks around here all day.

Ross has advantage every where.

----------

Mike, you are working hard to match or even surpass BigAnt Cricket 14 with automatic fielding? Yea right.

Thanks Mike for your reply.And best of luck.
In future will u try to acquire ICC license?
And in future sequels please try to put ashes series option like ea did in cricket 07 instead of making separate game for ashes.
I think in future there will be a big competition between big ant studios and trickstar in getting the ICC License.
And Mike you did not focus on domestic cricket in your previous games but I hope you will try to focus on domestic cricket.

We have some big plans for the future but out top priority right now is finishing the AC2013 game to the bet of our ability.

----------

Mike, this may be a hard time for you, but being here and answering the questions will really help sales. So tough it out. Most posters on the forum only want to look forward to great crickets games (two of them) being released this year. It's been a long wait.:)

Thanks for your positive comments and as you & the guys here are hard core cricket fans I hope you can afford to buy both cricket games and really enjoy them.

----------

Well it is funny indeed....I just cant get over the fact that just a little over couple of weeks back they were showing their game like it was something filled with beauty.....and suddenly they realized its not upto their standards lol!! Come on......they 'would' have released the game as it is, had it not been BigAnt who actually showed what true quality is and then the backlash on all their posts....whether it was QnA or screenshots or that video!!

Whatever it is.....its good now that someone stood up and postponed the game, else it was destined for a disaster!! Atleast now they can iron out the flaws and still release a game that is presentable.....and maybe in future they can build up on it!!

As for the future....I think (though time will tell) BigAnt's approach towards batting, bowling and fielding is the path I would want cricket games to take. The old tried and tested formula of have a marker on the pitch, deciding the shot before even the delivery is bowled, using buttons to play shots......all of these just feel redundant now, specially with the next gen coming in.

Personally, my only interest in this game is the competition it brings to BigAnt's Cricket.....as I would always want BigAnt to be on their toes and continue to deliver us the goods :D!

As for Mike....I have nothing personally against you :cheers!! So dont take any of the comments above personally!! I dont know what your role was in making the delay public, thus I have nothing against you!!! I also still feel that it took guts for you to join this forum and talk to people as there is indeed a lot of hate towards the way 505Games treated us over the last few months!!

Hi Angad, In all honesty the decision to postpone the game was made several weeks ago but we had to get license approval as they obviously aren't too happy (as well as our publisher) at the moment with this major lost commercial opportunity. Also England currently winning the Ashes would normally mean big sales as it did with AC2009 which went to No.1 for six weeks in the UK from 7/8/2009 and really had nothing to do with Big Ant. As perviously stated our game simply wasn't ready and needed more times but 505 Games were indeed brave enough to postpone the game to give us time to get it right.

You are right 505 Games stood up and delayed the game to give us more time to make the set out to do in the first place, no excuses we screwed up and it has already cost our publisher big bucks with marketing money already spent and a lot of disgruntle retailers who welcome the sales right now in the UK and Australia.

I look forward to giving you all more information on the game in early September so you can make an informed judgement on both games as to me it always come down to quality of gameplay. My hope is that you guys buy both games and we are all winners.

I appreciate the opportunity to give you all my side of the story so I'll be with you over the next 12 weeks to help you understand what we are trying to achieve with our new game. Thanks for hanging in there!

----------

Yes, we would like to hear the controls for batting, bowling and fielding, Mike.

As previously stated I will be doing a weekly key features outline so all will be revealed over the coming weeks.

----------

Ross has advantage every where.

----------

Mike, you are working hard to match or even surpass BigAnt Cricket 14 with automatic fielding? Yea right.

"Action speaks louder than words" so it is up to me to give you more information over the coming weeks to hopefully turn your opinion around but I understand where you are coming from.

Mike, just a minor question will a batsmen actually take off their helmet when celebrating a 100?

Unlocking items...

hey mike, in ashes cricket 2009 we had to unlock kit items and stadiums, in ashes cricket 2013 will these be unlocked from the beginning?

I'm not aware of any game where you couldn't place your field. Management games also allow you to set the line of the delivery and set the field - but they aren't an interactive simulation.

You've gone away from the strictly set field positions of many other games, but unless the AI is absolutely perfect, all that does is amplify issues that just about every cricket game I've seen has where bowling on a certain line with fielders around the bat will almost certainly result in dismissals. I think that placement freedom will single-handedly destroy online play.

But regardless - why not both? Instead create the chance after all your effort and then hope that the randomisation falls your way and the catch is taken by the fielder? Yes, that's how it works when you're playing for real - but when you're playing for real, you're standing around 90% of the time waiting for something to happen, which isn't what you want in a game.

I did utilise automatic catching in EA's games - because their catching was just frustration out of not knowing the right timing and dropping obvious catches because of it. But Ashes Cricket 2009 perfected it for me - the ring around the ball was easy to get used to, and made the hard catches hard and the easy stuff easy but didn't mean I needed impossible reaction times for slips catches.

I suppose I shouldn't have mentioned 'show'. How about a diagram? I just can't visualise the mechanics and have heard a bunch of descriptions that don't get a complete picture - "a grid with a line going up and down the pitch" is basically what I'm trying to visualise based on previous info.

Hi Matt,

Please be patient all will be reveal over the coming weeks but I am also glad you liked our catching system in AC2009 but I think we have taken it to the next level with AC2013 but you going to have to wait until early september for visuals as we need the month of August to get a few key fundamentals in the game sorted out now that we thankfully have been granted more time.

----------

Mike, just a minor question will a batsmen actually take off their helmet when celebrating a 100?

Sorry, batsman can't take of their helmets in the game at all but there is a 50 & 100 achievement celebration.

----------

hey mike, in ashes cricket 2009 we had to unlock kit items and stadiums, in ashes cricket 2013 will these be unlocked from the beginning?

Hi, In the AC2013 game you don't have to unlock stadiums but you do have to unlock kit items like AC2009.

Users who are viewing this thread