Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I've said it before and I'll say it again... AC09 was a great arcade cricket gaming experience. If that's what you wanted; Pick and play style of cricket game it was really very good. There was LOADS to build on from that experience... As Matt said a long time ago "starting from scratch" is a double-edged sword and I'm not surprised they're still having plenty of problems, given they're not nearly as far through the development process as we were led to believe months and months ago.

All this talk of DLC doesn't really matter at all, if the core functions of the game are lacking or non existent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... AC09 was a great arcade cricket gaming experience. If that's what you wanted; Pick and play style of cricket game it was really very good. There was LOADS to build on from that experience... As Matt said a long time ago "starting from scratch" is a double-edged sword and I'm not surprised they're still having plenty of problems, given they're not nearly as far through the development process as we were led to believe months and months ago.

All this talk of DLC doesn't really matter at all, if the core functions of the game are lacking or non existent.

You wrote a post that made sense!Are you trying to break the internet,Biggs?

I suppose you need a lot of time to start again and they haven't had enough time. But, the dual Ashes series as seen as a huge cash grab (I still believe that was a prime motivating factor) and hence everything was rushed.

This game does feel like those FIFA World Cup spinoff games, where they take the latest FIFA engine, with minor improvements, and add all the licenced teams and stadiums and voila, you have a fun and playable game but you will only play it during the World Cup. The difference with Ashes is that it is not built on a successful game engine.

I have already said a long post (not answered yet but I understand you are busy) saying why this game has limited appeal outside of England and Australia. At least those squads are editable though. How will this game have any appeal to Australians and Englishmen when some young gun spurts up into the team in a few months yet he isn't in the extended squad so he isn't in the game? This game literally will be out of date two months after the game is released, if released "on time".

Again, back to the WC games, they are only ever meant to last a few months before the next full game comes out. Is that the plan with Ashes 2013? Release "International Cricket 2014" shortly after?

why would EA have the licence when they have not made a cricket game since 2007?

----------

Great news mike, late but better than nothing for the moment. I guess when you move to the next gen there will not be these memory problems as much. Also your team is still having trouble with the unity engine, I thought after 2 years this would not happen as much as it has.

Also you say ashes 2009 sold like a million copies, are you sure about this or is it a guess. PS I thought only shane 99 sold that much, what a game that was mate. PS Go Aussies tonight, 2 1 with a bit of luck.:clap Thanks Mike.

----------

It's a ashes game mate.
Yes i know but they also did not have the licence in IC10
Also the sales in the sub cont would be massive

Anything else today regarding the game?? :)

That's it for today. Tomorrow's another day.

----------

So seven day weeks for you guys now mike with no days off work.

You reap what you sow :)

----------

Mike I know AC09 wasn't you guys but I've picked it up recently again and one thing that always bugged me (ironic) is the pathetic run outs it had.

Hope you've taken a look at your version and not had so drying dramatically awful as that in. You'd guarantee minimum 2 run outs per session from the AI.

The core team at Tg actually did do the AC2009 game but with each new game hopefully we learn more & more.

----------

I thought you were going to talk about features :rolleyes

Yeah, later in the week as I gotta keep you guys interested somehow.

Yeah mike just like the English team, not much swing and bye bye babies.:lol
They thought 5 0 no way in hell. PS I bet you have all worked hard over the last couple of months, not been a good time for sure. Just like a cricket team has it's up and downs. PS Bigant(2004aus team) are flying high, can you catch them, remember ross is in a red Ferrari and your in a old beat up 1950s Holden with three wheels. Good luck anyway.

why would EA have the licence when they have not made a cricket game since 2007?

Because they prolly paid a bit of $ for it back in the day and want to sit on it until someone comes along to buy it off them. They're not just going to give it away for free... EA isn't a charity.

Because they prolly paid a bit of $ for it back in the day and want to sit on it until someone comes along to buy it off them. They're not just going to give it away for free... EA isn't a charity.

There must be something which forces them to build a game or give up the licenses after a certain amount of time. If not, then the person who negotiated this deal on behalf of the ICC is probably working in a darkened basement with Darrell Hair

Yeah mike just like the English team, not much swing and bye bye babies.:lol
They thought 5 0 no way in hell. PS I bet you have all worked hard over the last couple of months, not been a good time for sure. Just like a cricket team has it's up and downs. PS Bigant(2004aus team) are flying high, can you catch them, remember ross is in a red Ferrari and your in a old beat up 1950s Holden with three wheels. Good luck anyway.

Thanks for you support and what's wrong with a good Aussie made car like a Holden FJ which are no worth a fortune. I had a ferrari but bits kept falling off :)

There must be something which forces them to build a game or give up the licenses after a certain amount of time...

Nope. Movie studios can hold on to licenses for decades without so much as producing a film, many studios can just hire writers to create a script treatment and that's the 'due diligence' to keep the license. Would imagine it would work in a similar fashion in the games industry. EA would just be squatting on whatever license they have paid for in the hopes another studio would eventually buy them out of it. So long as the ICC is getting (or has got) paid for whatever license deal, they're not going to give two flying fegans whether or not EA produces a game or not.

Nope. Movie studios can hold on to licenses for decades without so much as producing a film, many studios can just hire writers to create a script treatment and that's the 'due diligence' to keep the license. Would imagine it would work in a similar fashion in the games industry. EA would just be squatting on whatever license they have paid for in the hopes another studio would eventually buy them out of it. So long as the ICC is getting (or has got) paid for whatever license deal, they're not going to give two flying fegans whether or not EA produces a game or not.

I would have thought a % of game sales would be part of any deal so they probably do want to see a game. Having said that this is the ICC we are talking about and they may have sold the license for a bag of skittles and a dvd of Inzamam's greatest run outs.

As I said, I can only compare it to an industry that I know something about how these things work (Media), but i really would doubt licensees would get any cut of game sales revenue... Especially a low-level sports title like Cricket.

Its awesome how peoples perception varys from time to time once Ac13 the greatest now people say dude they are dum ... And please try to rebuild peoples faith it was better not to announce the dates rather it was better giving a suprise package every now and then. On topic i still have an option of getting a copy based only on the trailer you provide it does not matter to me who produces a game until i get a good game for what i pay. All the best guys

Users who are viewing this thread