Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Lastly, both cricket games are similar in features but it will all come down to actual game play so I'll let the public be the judge of that, once they had a chance to play both games and make an informed judgement.

Does that mean you've included career mode?

Gameplay aside, that's the biggest feature in either game and if only one has it then you can hardly call the features similar.

Also within the gameplay, I think that different body sizes and fielding are significant features that seem to be lacking from Ashes...

Does that mean you've included career mode?

Gameplay aside, that's the biggest feature in either game and if only one has it then you can hardly call the features similar.

Also within the gameplay, I think that different body sizes and fielding are significant features that seem to be lacking from Ashes...

Sorry, the song remains the same "all will be revealed next month".

You will plan a demo only when you are confident of your gameplay and of what you are selling.

Sorry, the song remains the same "all will be revealed next month".

Looking forward to it. Seems a bit lose-lose though, as either the features aren't there or as they have been blatantly copied last-minute from Bradman 14.

You will plan a demo only when you are confident of your gameplay and of what you are selling.

Not true really. Many games do not have a demo and turn out to be fine. DB cricket doesnt have a gameplay demo..........

For their sake I hope they stick to improving gameplay. Adding or copying stuff to the game at this time will only make things worse. You can't just put in a career mode or have different body size etc etc. It took Ross and their team more than four years to achieve what they have right now. Three months is not going to be enough. Mike and his team should just stick to their strength (whatever that is).

Can't you comment with some decency biggs!

The problem is that you make sweeping statements as if they are cast iron truths but are in fact not based on much fact. You can then expect people to reply somewhat in a forthright manner.

----------

For their sake I hope they stick to improving gameplay. Adding or copying stuff to the game at this time will only make things worse. You can't just put in a career mode or have different body size etc etc. It took Ross and their team more than four years to achieve what they have right now. Three months is not going to be enough. Mike and his team should just stick to their strength (whatever that is).

I guess as always we will be forced to just giving them the benefit of the doubt, and there is a lot of doubt. Hopefully a leopard can change its spots. We will see. I imagine it is last chance saloon in many ways.

I said i believe ea cric 07 with ankit gameplay patch is better than ac09 with beta patches, i didn't force it on anybody.

I said i believe[/I] ea cric 07 with ankit gameplay patch is better than ac09 with beta patches, i didn't force it on anybody.

No, no you didn't say that. You made the sweeping statement that it was so. Go back and read your own post.......I have made bold the part that is often missing in your posts.

Sorry we just don't have time to produce a demo (and never planned too) as we have to finish the AC2013 game first and foremost for November release.

what about a play session? or handing a member here a preview copy? that doesnt need any special attention or time to do... when you have your game ready invite members here for a play session or send 1 member a preview copy.. that does not take up any extra time...

the only reason i see for not doing so is that u r not confident of your product... if thats so then y boast about the gameplay?

what about a play session? or handing a member here a preview copy? that doesnt need any special attention or time to do... when you have your game ready invite members here for a play session or send 1 member a preview copy.. that does not take up any extra time...

the only reason i see for not doing so is that u r not confident of your product... if thats so then y boast about the gameplay?

You can't blame them for wanting to hold back a bit. They had a public thing at Lords and the Broad-tweeted photo was blasted uniformly.

There was also a shambolic presentation in Australia at some industry night.

Best games on the market at the time? Definitely
Best cricket games of time? Comparing all games without patches, yes
High quality cricket games? Absolutely not.
If no one has been able to do better than them yet, 'high quality' is a relative term I'm willing to use in this context. I think his previous posts on things are enough for me to read that post in the context of comparing Trickstar's games to EA's ones.

They are certainly not bad enough to deride the ability for Trickstar to make cricket games.

IC 2010 was barely more than a patch released at full price with broken online.
I agree. The online issues were a massive disappointment, and never fixing them is a mark against Trickstar/Codemasters.

For their sake I hope they stick to improving gameplay.
It should be very shiny with all the polish since June.

If no one has been able to do better than them yet, 'high quality' is a relative term I'm willing to use in this context. I think his previous posts on things are enough for me to read that post in the context of comparing Trickstar's games to EA's ones.

They are certainly not bad enough to deride the ability for Trickstar to make cricket games.

I agree. The online issues were a massive disappointment, and never fixing them is a mark against Trickstar/Codemasters.

It should be very shiny with all the polish since June.

Okay well we can agree to disagree on the use of the word but the view being pushed by Mike of Trickstar/Transmission being a superb producer of high quality cricket games and being a "safe pair of hands" just doesn't match what I saw when I played those games.

When many of the fundamental aspects of the games are awful, I'm not thinking "oh well, it's better than previous games". I'm thinking "I want my money back" or "let's go play a different type of game".

Career mode -> What is the difficulties in saying YES / NO. Can't believe.

Think about it:

Mike says no: PC and Facebook is all over it, quoting it, providing further bad press for Ashes 2013.

Mike says yes: People question how they've added a career mode in just two months...

Users who are viewing this thread