Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Glass half full here, but we're getting two cricket games (eventually, sometime) with two most likely different styles of career mode...

That's something...

Think about it:

Mike says no: PC and Facebook is all over it, quoting it, providing further bad press for Ashes 2013.

Mike says yes: People question how they've added a career mode in just two months...

I am 99.9 % sure there is no career mode if the game going to release in November window. All I wanted to know about his honesty whether that has been same as earlier.:):)

Glass half full here, but we're getting two cricket games (eventually, sometime) with two most likely different styles of career mode...

That's something...

You really think that Ashes has a career mode?

I would be incredibly surprised if it did.

Mike has said they have all the features of DBC14 and more...

Lets assume that's an over-statement, you would have to assume at the very least they're matching them on the career mode, otherwise that would be a rather outrageous statement to make.

Like I said, glass half full.

Mike has said they have all the features of DBC14 and more...

Lets assume that's an over-statement, you would have to assume at the very least they're matching them on the career mode, otherwise that would be a rather outrageous statement to make.

Like I said, glass half full.

Well it was all the features and more, minus the career mode.

Although later he said the games have very similar features.

There is one licensed tournament with no flexibility, so your "career" player couldn't be put into the Aus or England squads.

Okay, cool. It's been very confusing because there's been a lot of vague statements... I really can't see them matching DBC14 pound-for-pound on such an extensive list but hey, who knows, right? Certainly not us...

Okay, cool. It's been very confusing because there's been a lot of vague statements... I really can't see them matching DBC14 pound-for-pound on such an extensive list but hey, who knows, right? Certainly not us...

What speaks volumes to me is what they have been advertising. The "stars of the show" are the Ashes teams, and they are pushed heavily of course, but particularly since there is no team creator or editor...simply a player editor.

They clearly haven't had enough time to completely remake the game. They couldn't think of a good way to deal with fielding, so they took the lazy approach and scrapped it.

They've then gone ahead to advertise this "tactical interplay" between the bowler and captain which if you read between the lines is nothing more than just a field editor, with a slight upgrade of not having to stick to a grid.

MF has stated several times on Facebook that there is no career mode but a "team mode" which, like the "tactical interplay" doesn't seem to amount to anything other than something we've always had.

.../especially with the beta patch.

Not trying to wane off-topic, but I've searched this patch and get several hundred results. Would someone be so kind as to link me to it, just so I can make an informed decision on the two.

Thanks for the updates Mike, continually greatful you're informing us directly. Thanks.

Mike; I was just wondering whether you're planning to add Kerrigan to the England squad in the game? The player list you tweeted out a few weeks ago doesn't have him featuring (unsurprisingly; no one was expecting him to get picked!), and it would be nice to have the game feature all the players that played during the summer series.

Mike; I was just wondering whether you're planning to add Kerrigan to the England squad in the game? The player list you tweeted out a few weeks ago doesn't have him featuring (unsurprisingly; no one was expecting him to get picked!), and it would be nice to have the game feature all the players that played during the summer series.

I said earlier how big a problem this is.

Kerrigan (and earlier Agar) aren't specifically problems, since they have time to patch them into the game, but I think of the longevity of the game.

So, picture now early January when both Ashes series have finished, what happens then? I don't know the next teams Australia and England are playing but what happens when another kid pops up like Agar and Kerrigan?

You cannot edit the Australian and English squads at all, so the game will already be out of date.

You cannot edit the Australian and English squads at all, so the game will already be out of date.

True...however I was under the impression(and I'm not sure on this so correct me if I'm wrong) that the Ashes license is for the Ashes series only so if you play as Australia in a T20 tournament or an exhibition test match then it would be an unlicensed side as its not directly related to the Ashes. Would that mean theres a second Aussie side that you can edit but has names like D.Warnfur in it? I was sure another cricket game did this at some point with the cricket world cup? BLC07?

I digress...But if what I'm saying is right then if you wanted to play the Ashes with updated sides then you couldn't but you could set up 5 match test series with the two sides and edit the unlicensed squads.

Again...I could be well wrong here

True...however I was under the impression(and I'm not sure on this so correct me if I'm wrong) that the Ashes license is for the Ashes series only so if you play as Australia in a T20 tournament or an exhibition test match then it would be an unlicensed side as its not directly related to the Ashes. Would that mean theres a second Aussie side that you can edit but has names like D.Warnfur in it? I was sure another cricket game did this at some point with the cricket world cup? BLC07?
Yeah, BLIC 07 did that with the world cup, but I'm sure this will be a general Australia/England licence and be across all formats.

After all, they were previously very insistent that the Ashes is just the 5 test matches and not the full tour (possibly because they didn't implement the full tour - and still can't), yet we've seen the licensed ODI kits.

The explanation is probably the cynical one - if they have a good editor, it's harder to get you to pay for DLC team updates or the next version of the game. Shipping with a good editor means confidence you can put enough into the sequel to make it worth it in its own right.

I digress...But if what I'm saying is right then if you wanted to play the Ashes with updated sides then you couldn't but you could set up 5 match test series with the two sides and edit the unlicensed squads.

Again...I could be well wrong here

They have shown screenshots of the licensed Australian and English one-day guernseys. One magazine showed one of Steve Finn (looking stupidly short) running in in the red guernsey.

They have squads of a bit over 30 so they'll be able to cover a fair few one day players but not all. Australia almost has three different teams across all formats.

I can guarantee that at least one player will play for Australia in some format this summer who is not in the squad this game ships with.

Don't worry, you can edit the squads and there is a player creator so this will be easy to fix...oh...

Users who are viewing this thread