Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Firstly, believe it or not of late I have not been following the DB game at all as I have been totally focused on our AC2013 game and hitting our November release window. With England flying and Australia hopeful of a comeback in the Ashes tour of Australia it should be a good time to release both cricket games also with Xmas sales looming. Secondly, since 505 Games made the tough decision to delay the game to allow us more time to get the AC2013 game to the level we all expect I have no doubt the game will be worthy of carrying the Ashes license and other subsequent licenses associated with the game. Thirdly, I have the utmost faith in the Trickstar Games team to produce a high quality cricket title like they have done in the past despite all the technical setbacks and other issues we have had on this particular cricket game production. Lastly, both cricket games are similar in features but it will all come down to actual game play so I'll let the public be the judge of that, once they had a chance to play both games and make an informed judgement.

can i make a quick point here? you guys heavily back your game play... game play this game play that... while saying that although dbc has all those features our game play is top notch... this is the only thing that u claim your game has got right...

then... why not show it... have a play session or atleast release a demo before your game comes out... if u are really stressing on game play as your main attraction as dbc has done with career mode and so many other features... then atleast let people experience that gameplay before buying it?

or are you too scared that the truth will be revealed about your "gameplay" ? release a demo atleast to let us see how amazing your gameplay is...

Mike please stop comparing ac13 with dbc 14, even if you guys level ac13 with ea cricket 07 it would be an achievement as ac09 was also way behind ea c07.

Mike please stop comparing ac13 with dbc 14
What else is he supposed to do when every second question is comparing the two?

He could just not answer or say 'wait until September'/'stay tuned' - and get people angry at the lack of a response; or he can try to make a comparison based on what he knows is in each game.

as ac09 was also way behind ea c07.
Have you ever actually played Cricket 07? Not Cricket 07 with a bunch of patches from here - but the Cricket 07 you got in the box from EA?

There are features like domestic cricket and a complete Ashes tour that are positives for Cricket 07, but as a whole, the better control scheme, better AI and far better graphics make up for most of those benefits. At best it's a close run thing, but I'd take AC09 any day, especially with the beta patch.

I have ac09 with 2 beta patches but still you can't bowl bouncers which force batsman to duck, unrealistic shots are still there, beta patches improved the edges carrying to slips and removed the ai run outs bug, but still ai never lasts batting for 50 overs in odi. I believe Cricket 07 with ankit gameplay patch is more intriguing.

You didn't answer Matt's question at all, therefore... you fail again.

Have you ever actually played Cricket 07? Not Cricket 07 with a bunch of patches from here - but the Cricket 07 you got in the box from EA?

That would involve someone paying for it. Nevermind...

Ashes09 out of the box is a vastly better PC Cricket game than any previous title... IC10 is easily the best cricket simulator experience available today, right now, in stores.

Cricket 07, without any kind of patches, upgrades or the complete Frankensteining it's had for the past 6+ years is absolute rubbish compared with the vastly superior games from Codemasters/Trickstar. Yes, they're light on tournaments and such things, but for a PURE cricket arcade experience it's the best we've had... to date.

...and comparisons with the BigAnt Product are organic, natural and obvious and should be made. They're being developed at exactly the same time, by similar companies in the same country. Direct comparisons is exactly what should happen, by them and us. It's exactly how we as consumers will quantify the quality of each product and make smart purchasing decisions.

^ this guy gets it. Bingo!

I believe Cricket 07 with ankit gameplay patch is more intriguing.
That's not the point - of course if people spend years working on tweaking a game and doing the job that EA should have done you'll get a decent result. But if you're discussing what the individual companies can do - by far Transmission/Trickstar had better out of the box games than EA/HB managed with Cricket 07.

I feel Mike should just focus on what they have and not features this and that.
Like others have said IC2010 is miles better than any cricket game on the market this is the truth and yes that's sad but we have 2 very different games coming soon(heard that before:yes) and most of us on here will buy both.

PS If I was mike also I just would give is updates as he has been doing and come September open the doors.:spy

I would actually say IC10 is the best cricket console game ever produced... rose tinted emotions for the older Brian Lara-esque titles are sweet, but you wouldn't buy that on PS3 today. People need to check into reality hotel sometimes. It's fine to be frustrated by the horrible delays and confusing information we've received, but facts are facts... and Ashes09 with the updates is a hell of a fun game to play.

I have ac09 with 2 beta patches but still you can't bowl bouncers which force batsman to duck, unrealistic shots are still there, beta patches improved the edges carrying to slips and removed the ai run outs bug, but still ai never lasts batting for 50 overs in odi. I believe Cricket 07 with ankit gameplay patch is more intriguing.

Like Matt has said we are talking out of the box mate, IC2010 never came to the pc if it did just think how good the game would be right now.

I'm quoting that for emphasis...

IC2010 never came to the pc if it did just think how good the game would be right now.

Exactly.

All this talk of "building it from scratch" is fine and good, but something tells me the better option may have been to start with the IC10 model as a base and just build upon that...

EDIT:

And on the comparisons note... the BEST reviews of the title you'll get will be the ASHES vs. BRADMAN reviews. Side by side comparisons of every similar (and different) features offered, gameplay, AI, customization, the works. You'll get the standard individual reviews of course, but the ones you should be searching out will be the "vs" reviews with experienced, quality cricket gamers giving both titles a run for their money against each other.

Last edited:
They did. Twice.

International Cricket 2010, despite faults, is the best game on the market.

Madhaven said "high quality", which Transmission/Trickstar definitely didn't do twice.

Best games on the market at the time? Definitely
Best cricket games of time? Comparing all games without patches, yes
High quality cricket games? Absolutely not.

Ashes 2009 was based on test match cricket yet the AI and mechanics were so poor that you couldn't actually play test matches with anything close to realism.

Perhaps good for a 10 over slog-fest online but that's about it.

IC 2010 was barely more than a patch released at full price with broken online.

I play test matches in AC09 to this very day with great realism.

Do you need to find a couple of workarounds to get the job done? Absolutely, but it's a vastly more rewarding experience than EA07, can be done easily in-game without modding... and I paid for it.

Out of the box IC/ASHES > Anything else.

Whats kept EA07 alive is the systemic piracy of the title, low specs and wide-spread modding. Nothing else, certainly not it's "quality" out of the box.

I play test matches in AC09 to this very day with great realism.

Do you need to find a couple of workarounds to get the job done? Absolutely, but it's a vastly more rewarding experience than EA07, can be done easily in-game without modding... and I paid for it.

Out of the box IC/ASHES > Anything else.

Whats kept EA07 alive is the systemic piracy of the title, low specs and wide-spread modding. Nothing else, certainly not it's "quality" out of the box.

Which workarounds do you speak of? Are you including the beta patch that never game to console users?

At at the end it does come down to opinion and I hated bowling in Ashes 09 and IC 10 because the mechanic was so dumb. I didn't mind short-format batting, actually finding it quite fun at times, but the lack of a leave/duck button killed test cricket.

can i make a quick point here? you guys heavily back your game play... game play this game play that... while saying that although dbc has all those features our game play is top notch... this is the only thing that u claim your game has got right...

then... why not show it... have a play session or atleast release a demo before your game comes out... if u are really stressing on game play as your main attraction as dbc has done with career mode and so many other features... then atleast let people experience that gameplay before buying it?

or are you too scared that the truth will be revealed about your "gameplay" ? release a demo atleast to let us see how amazing your gameplay is...

Sorry we just don't have time to produce a demo (and never planned too) as we have to finish the AC2013 game first and foremost for November release.

Users who are viewing this thread