Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I'm curious about what the deadline is Mike. It seems like you're dealing with issues that may not be resolved within the next month or two. I suppose that's the problem when using an engine that's only in beta for PS3 and God knows what for Wii U.

Would you release the game say after the new year if delays pushed it that far or just not release it at all?

I'm curious about what the deadline is Mike. It seems like you're dealing with issues that may not be resolved within the next month or two. I suppose that's the problem when using an engine that's only in beta for PS3 and God knows what for Wii U.

Would you release the game say after the new year if delays pushed it that far or just not release it at all?

Hi, we are now on top of the technical issues that have plagued us for months and so the empathise has switched to getting the last of the content into the game, polishing and bug fixing in preparation for submissions short. Missing the revised November release window is not an option so we will continue to dig deep and work hard to redeem ourselves.

Hi, we are now on top of the technical issues that have plagued us for months and so the empathise has switched to getting the last of the content into the game, polishing and bug fixing in preparation for submissions short. Missing the revised November release window is not an option so we will continue to dig deep and work hard to redeem ourselves.

Thanks Mike. I am a big fan of Big Ant cricket and what they have achieved by raising the bar. I was initially upset over Ashes Cricket (and the delays), BUT I have changed my mind and would like to thank you for your new transparency. I wish you guys all the best. I hope you guys nail the gameplay. Best of luck!

Thanks Mike. I am a big fan of Big Ant cricket and what they have achieved by raising the bar. I was initially upset over Ashes Cricket (and the delays), BUT I have changed my mind and would like to thank you for your new transparency. I wish you guys all the best. I hope you guys nail the gameplay. Best of luck!

Totally agree.

Looking forward to both game and most importantly - the DIFFERENCES that each game offers, just like Fifa and PES... :cheers

But no development team is perfect, especially when using a beta engine. Does this mean that the game will be release in November even if it still has bugs? Or if it's too buggy 505 will just can it?

But no development team is perfect, especially when using a beta engine. Does this mean that the game will be release in November even if it still has bugs? Or if it's too buggy 505 will just can it?

We are using the extra time that was kindly giving to us by our publisher, 505 Games to eliminate as many bugs as possible as well as polish the game to an acceptable level for all of us.

Mike is the HD turned on now so come September we will have a look at the game.:spy

Mike is the HD turned on now so come September we will have a look at the game.:spy

Mike posted some more screenshots today actually. Everything is officially turned on

NLfsaFV.png

Ross will be shaking in his boots, he won't be able to recover now...

Last edited:
Mike, I am sure you have been following the DB game.

Are you still confident of offering a gaming experience that can match the DB one, and do you feel that you are in a position to start revealing the games features and contents over the coming weeks?

One of the reasons the Ashes release date was pulled was because there was a sense that the game was not worthy to carry the Ashes name. Are you confident that you have been able to bring something that is worthy of that?

Are you still willing to stand by your "we have the same features and more except career mode" comment or have subsequent releases from BA changed that point of view?

Serious questions and ones I am sure lots of people are keen to hear about.

I am not trying to push you in a corner or be tricky, just really want to hear your opinion on these matters.

Cheers.

Mike, I am sure you have been following the DB game.

Are you still confident of offering a gaming experience that can match the DB one, and do you feel that you are in a position to start revealing the games features and contents over the coming weeks?

One of the reasons the Ashes release date was pulled was because there was a sense that the game was not worthy to carry the Ashes name. Are you confident that you have been able to bring something that is worthy of that?

Are you still willing to stand by your "we have the same features and more except career mode" comment or have subsequent releases from BA changed that point of view?

Serious questions and ones I am sure lots of people are keen to hear about.

I am not trying to push you in a corner or be tricky, just really want to hear your opinion on these matters.

Cheers.

Firstly, believe it or not of late I have not been following the DB game at all as I have been totally focused on our AC2013 game and hitting our November release window. With England flying and Australia hopeful of a comeback in the Ashes tour of Australia it should be a good time to release both cricket games also with Xmas sales looming. Secondly, since 505 Games made the tough decision to delay the game to allow us more time to get the AC2013 game to the level we all expect I have no doubt the game will be worthy of carrying the Ashes license and other subsequent licenses associated with the game. Thirdly, I have the utmost faith in the Trickstar Games team to produce a high quality cricket title like they have done in the past despite all the technical setbacks and other issues we have had on this particular cricket game production. Lastly, both cricket games are similar in features but it will all come down to actual game play so I'll let the public be the judge of that, once they had a chance to play both games and make an informed judgement.

Firstly, believe it or not of late I have not been following the DB game at all as I have been totally focused on our AC2013 game and hitting our November release window. With England flying and Australia hopeful of a comeback in the Ashes tour of Australia it should be a good time to release both cricket games also with Xmas sales looming. Secondly, since 505 Games made the tough decision to delay the game to allow us more time to get the AC2013 game to the level we all expect I have no doubt the game will be worthy of carrying the Ashes license and other subsequent licenses associated with the game. Thirdly, I have the utmost faith in the Trickstar Games team to produce a high quality cricket title like they have done in the past despite all the technical setbacks and other issues we have had on this particular cricket game production. Lastly, both cricket games are similar in features but it will all come down to actual game play so I'll let the public be the judge of that, once they had a chance to play both games and make an informed judgement.

Trickster Games produced high quality cricket title in the past?PLEASE!

Mike I don't know why you keep saying we have as similar features to Don14, the games will have a lot in common sure they are both cricket games in the end but just like a Ferrari and a V8 Holden commodore mike, both cars but so so different in the end.

Good luck anyway mike, as you said before you have good cricket games in the past and we still want more from trickstar now and in the future.:spy

----------

They did. Twice.

International Cricket 2010, despite faults, is the best game on the market.

Yeah you are right matt but it's been that way for far to long now, even if Don14 is miles ahead of ashes 2013 in the end I still hope ashes 2013 is a step up from ic2010.:clap

Users who are viewing this thread