Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just to clarify here, you can indeed edit the licensed Australian & England squads but you can't edit the player's themselves or add your own players to these squads.
If you can't edit the players or add your own, what is there left to 'edit' of the squads? Does adjusting statistics, skill level, etc. count as 'editing the players themselves'?

Does adjusting statistics, skill level, etc. count as 'editing the players themselves'?

If there's a progression/achievement based points system for attributes like they in AC09 then on a technicality that's "editing"

...and the option to turn a officially licensed Monty Panesar into an opening batsman

Just to clarify here, you can indeed edit the licensed Australian & England squads but you can't edit the player's themselves or add your own players to these squads. Also aside from the Ashes Tours the licenses with the ECB & CA also covers full ODI and t20 games hence the reason we have some many players in each squad to cater to all three game modes.

I'm surprised no one else has picked this up.

If you cannot edit or add players, what can you actually do?

This seems like a somewhat ridiculous statement...

If you can't edit or add players in the Australian and English squads then they will go out of date very quickly, simple as that, unless you plan on patching in every debutant as they come on.

Edit: I see this had already been mentioned.

Hey Mike, 2 or 3 months ago you guys released a vine video of Ashes Cricket 2013 gameplay, and you said "more clips will be on the way very soon", but still after all this time we have only seen the one video clip. why is this, and are you still planning to release some video footage soon?

I'm surprised no one else has picked this up.

If you cannot edit or add players, what can you actually do?

This seems like a somewhat ridiculous statement...

If you can't edit or add players in the Australian and English squads then they will go out of date very quickly, simple as that, unless you plan on patching in every debutant as they come on.

Edit: I see this had already been mentioned.

It's the same as IC10 I believe. You also can't add licensed players to other squads so no Aussies or English players in the "IPL" teams. Crazy how having licenses becomes a major drawback.

HUGE drawback when it comes to rosters and customization. Half the appeal is creating YOURSELF and playing for your country.

Just to clarify here, you can indeed edit the licensed Australian & England squads but you can't edit the player's themselves or add your own players to these squads. Also aside from the Ashes Tours the licenses with the ECB & CA also covers full ODI and t20 games hence the reason we have some many players in each squad to cater to all three game modes.

Well what can I say. That must be hard to implement I guess :noway:noway

It's the same as IC10 I believe. You also can't add licensed players to other squads so no Aussies or English players in the "IPL" teams. Crazy how having licenses becomes a major drawback.

But Mike said that you an edit the Australian and English squads....

...but just can't edit the players or add others.

I really need to know what he meant by that. Is this another one of those comments that he slips in but never explains?

Licences really are hurting cricket games. Boards are either too reluctant to give them out, ask for too much money or give them out with heavy restrictions.

At least in the past the EA games were easy to mod. Trickstar stupidly locked up IC 2010 and didn't release it on PC, which is why it's never played but Ashes 09 and Cricket 07 are still popular.

Big Ant has found the best method to get around licences though, with Cricket Academy and modding support (we'll have to wait and see on that one though). Sure, we'd prefer a full ICC licence without restrictions but we'll see.

Also people need to realise what the licence gives. There have been Cricket Academy made English and Australian players that look as good as anything you'd see made professionally.

Furthermore, Ashes made the ridiculous decision to get the licences but then make the players generic by giving them the exact same body. If given the option of correct bodies and generic faces or correct faces and generic bodies, I'd much rather the former. Height and size makes a huge affect on cricket games and that won't be in Ashes 2013. All they have are correct (an uneditable) heads that you see the back of when bowling and under a helmet when batting (can you bat without a helmet Mike?)

----------

HUGE drawback when it comes to rosters and customization. Half the appeal is creating YOURSELF and playing for your country.

I have more chance of padding up for the real Australian team than on Ashes 2013.

Makes no sense, you could put created players into the licensed teams on IC10 but you can't on this one...why?

Users who are viewing this thread