Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Because he said "except career mode" in the original post and about 400 times since? :-)

Oh right sorry, I don't usually follow this game at all just felt like having a laugh so came to check this part of the forum, ty anyway!

Because he said "except career mode" in the original post and about 400 times since? :-)

Something that hasnt skipped our attention either....and it is the reason why we hold onto his word that AC13 has:

1) Batting and bowling controls without marker
2) A fully featured fielding system where you can run down the ball and stop it from boundary (manual fielding)
3) A complete player physics system with different heights and weights
4) Nets
5) Dynamic weather
6) online save
7) A player editor with more than 4000 created player

And

8) MORE

i.e. everything and more 'apart from career mode' :clap

What I hate about all this malarkey is that the table is turned on us....WE are at fault for being too demanding, being impatient, goading etcetera etcetera. Just not on.

The fact is that the relationship between the people involved with this game in whatever capacity and these forums has been a very very rocky road. I find it totally unfair for either you Jamie or Mike to keep trying to put that firmly at our door. Sick and tired of hearng all the time that we dont understand and misunderstand and bla bla la.

Would be really cool if somebody would put their hand up and say yeah, lots went well but a number of things we have not handled well and should of and could have communicated better and we share at least fifty procent of the blame in the deterioration of that relationship and want to acknowledge that as a part of regaining real trust moving forward.

If I am continually hearing that my impatience, goading, misunderstanding, ungratefulness, demanding etcetera is at the root of it all then I for one am not able to move forward and rebuild real trust.

Last edited by a moderator:
What wasn't cool was you confirming that release date was indeed June 21st despite knowing full well there was no way the game will be on time. You had to know the game wasn't submitted for platform approvals but you still decided to mislead or lie to us. This is what I take exception to.

You could have simply said "No Comments" or "I am not in a position to talk about the release date" as you said for plenty of other questions, but you did mention the game will be released as per schedule. In fact I decided to pre-order the game when you said the delay talk were all rumors and later found out that was a lie.

I can see how maybe you arrived at those conclusions, but there's a LOT of big assumptions in there, and if I could conclusively disprove them I would... Instead, I can only say that they *are* assumptions and stick to my guns. Hope you understand.

----------

What I hate about all this malarkey is that the table is turned on us....WE are at fault for being too demanding, being impatient, goading etcetera etcetera. Just not on.

The fact that the relationship between the people involved with this game in whatever capacity and these forums has been a very very rocky road. I find it totally unfair for either you Jamie or Mike to keep trying to put that firmly at our door. Sick and tired of hearng all the time that we dont understand and misunderstand and bla bla la.

Would be really cool if somebody would put their hand up and say yeah, lots went well but a number of things we have not handled well and should of and could have communicated better and we share at least fifty procent of the blame in the deterioration of that relationship and want to acknowledge that as a part of regaining real trust moving forward.

If I am continually hearing that my impatience, goading, misunderstanding, ungratefulness, demanding etcetera is at the root of it all then I for one am not able to move forward and rebuild real trust.

Dude, I *totally* understand, and please don't think that I'm in any way *blaming* you guys for anything! It's your right to ask any questions you like: my only point was that it is their right not to answer them at that time. And my point wasn't restricted to this particular game either - that comment was equally inspired by the badgering of Big Ant in the other thread! ;-)

Come September Mike the gates should be open and let lock ness free to fill are computer with some good news for once. Let lessie out of the dungeon and we can all move on, also please focus on your features not trying to break even with Don14 for once. PS Also make a good game would help.

I can see how maybe you arrived at those conclusions, but there's a LOT of big assumptions in there, and if I could conclusively disprove them I would... Instead, I can only say that they *are* assumptions and stick to my guns. Hope you understand.

----------

Dude, I *totally* understand, and please don't think that I'm in any way *blaming* you guys for anything! It's your right to ask any questions you like: my only point was that it is their right not to answer them at that time. And my point wasn't restricted to this particular game either - that comment was equally inspired by the badgering of Big Ant in the other thread! ;-)

Look, both the Ashes team and the Big Ant team have made a clear decision to be on the forums. You say indeed that they don't have to say anything. However I would like to turn that around....We didn't force them to do so.

They both came here with their representatives for a very definite reason and goal and that wasn't just because they want to give us all presents. No, they also had their goals and still do have in regards to using these forums, in the positive sense of the word, as an opportunity to get some feedback, some discussion and create awareness about their game amongst real cricket game fans.

For what ever reason the relationship, rightly or wrongly, between many people and Trickstar is very rocky and there is a lot of doubt as to whether people have been told the full story.

I agree with you that the constant badgering of both Mike and Ross for this and that is utterly embarrassing sometimes. It could be a lot worse. I point to the facebook page and the official forum of Ashes 2013......that is the benefit of moderating and keeping things robust but clean.

Anyway, I guess I am starting to losemy own thread a bit so I will stop. But hopefully the point I am making is clear enough, for what it is worth....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we are owed ANYTHING as a community, certainly never demanded or asked anything myself because it's not a right to get information of any kind, it's a privilege. I think the big difference is in how you're being told that and is the promise worth the wait...

As Dutch said you can't come on a third party forum of passionate cricket gamers and then say "...now just wait and see" every post. You can say what you like about Ross but he's put money where is mouth is every time. He's promised and delivered on every occasion and never messed about with teasing us misleading. It's been black and white. Whether you think the information or the game itself is living up to those standards is a personal decision to make, but I gotta respect someone who has played this particular forum game incredibly well and has turned many a naysayer (including me) right around.

To spend a month (or more now) essentially replying to every question and post with "wait until next month" is, frankly, ludicrous, in 2013.

The next few months will be very telling for Trickstar. Some things have been said that feel like lies but we'll see. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to prove me wrong but so far it feels like they're trying to cover up as much as possible.

A couple of months ago they had a game with barely a working forward defence. I can't imagine they've suddenly improved to anything near BigAnt's level in a month or two.

Also they're not working on the game until November. It'd take at least a month to get approval and publish.

----------

Also, I think the community hates reading comments like this, which I found when flicking back through an old interview with Mike.

Fegan: I think it?s all down to the new batting and bowling system, particularly the fielding option now where you can place your own field for the best defense against the batter that you are bowling to. And I think, after talking to Peter [Siddle, pictured below with Stevivor's Steve Wright] about it today, is that you know when he bowls, he normally is going to set up certain bowls to get people like Alastair Cook out; obviously Michael Clarke will set the field accordingly, and now you can do that in the game, which has never been available before. I think is a really cool feature. - See more at: Trickstar Games Director Mike Fegan on Ashes Cricket 2013 - Stevivor.com

Never been available before? Every cricket game in existence with the exception of perhaps Stick Cricket has allowed you to set the field. It seems that to compensate for the lack of features in Ashes the company has taken to discussing standard tactics that are in all cricket games, using some fancy words like "tactical interplay", and labelling it as brand new.

This also hides the main point regarding fielding in this game in that you can't actually field, it's automatic!

I didn't arrive at any "conclusions" and nor are there any *assumptions* I am referring to. I am specifically talking about you confirming the release date as June 21st. If you want I can dig up the posts as well but that would be an exercise in futility.

Back in early to mid June, there were rumors about AC13 being delayed and you specifically mentioned those are just that - rumors- and the release date stands. I don't have any problems with you not answering any questions or deferring them to a later date, but stating that release date of June 21st will be met despite knowing there was no chance of that happening is what I am talking about.

Calling it "arriving at the conclusion" or "assumption" is plain wrong. I did no such thing as I went by what you posted on this forum.

P.S. - Would really appreciate it if you can elaborate the "assumptions" in the post where you talked about release date being met. Somehow I interpreted as an actual statement with no underlying assumptions.

Last edited:
Chief,
Since you were talking about the release date fiasco, would you care to reply to this

Are you saying that at that time you were not aware of the delay???

Just to remind you of the timing of your post confirming the release date is still the same, it was on 11 May 2013. This is what you had posted:

So, are you saying that you were not aware of the delay at this point of time and you truly believed that the game would release on 21st June? I think even Colin was told during his visit to lords for the game reveal that the game will release on time, so even during that visit you believed that the game would release on time and were not aware of the delay?

as it seems like you skipped this question even when your post to cricket_online is basically saying the same thing that you went with the date that was advertised on various websites thus hinting that you actually were not aware of the delay or that you were aware but still chose to mislead us?

Last edited:
Guys, just so we're clear Chief is a forum member not representing the product in any official capacity, therefore there is most likely Non-Disclosure clauses and the like he's signed into. We're not a lynch mob... sleeping dogs lie. Etc.

there is most likely Non-Disclosure clauses and the like he's signed into.

That's convenient for Chief

A perfect excuse for blatantly lying to us and refusing to answer the questions we asked,

Finding out about the delay from a rival company is not really professional is it, then disappearing when the going gets tough, = coward

Hey Mike, 2 or 3 months ago you guys released a vine video of Ashes Cricket 2013 gameplay, and you said "more clips will be on the way very soon", but still after all this time we have only seen the one video clip. why is this, and are you still planning to release some video footage soon?

We will releasing actual in game screen shots and game play videos next month.

----------

I am not sure if we could do that on IC 2010 either.

The Ashes license does not allow us to make these teams editable unlike the rest of the game.

----------

But Mike said that you an edit the Australian and English squads....

...but just can't edit the players or add others.

I really need to know what he meant by that. Is this another one of those comments that he slips in but never explains?

Licences really are hurting cricket games. Boards are either too reluctant to give them out, ask for too much money or give them out with heavy restrictions.

At least in the past the EA games were easy to mod. Trickstar stupidly locked up IC 2010 and didn't release it on PC, which is why it's never played but Ashes 09 and Cricket 07 are still popular.

Big Ant has found the best method to get around licences though, with Cricket Academy and modding support (we'll have to wait and see on that one though). Sure, we'd prefer a full ICC licence without restrictions but we'll see.

Also people need to realise what the licence gives. There have been Cricket Academy made English and Australian players that look as good as anything you'd see made professionally.

Furthermore, Ashes made the ridiculous decision to get the licences but then make the players generic by giving them the exact same body. If given the option of correct bodies and generic faces or correct faces and generic bodies, I'd much rather the former. Height and size makes a huge affect on cricket games and that won't be in Ashes 2013. All they have are correct (an uneditable) heads that you see the back of when bowling and under a helmet when batting (can you bat without a helmet Mike?)

----------

I have more chance of padding up for the real Australian team than on Ashes 2013.

As previously You can edit the Ashes squads but you can't edit the players or add additional players this is due to the Ashes license itself. We are not doing too bad in the 5th Test so you might want to re-think going for a Australian test squad place at the moment but you never know.

Guys, just so we're clear Chief is a forum member not representing the product in any official capacity, therefore there is most likely Non-Disclosure clauses and the like he's signed into. We're not a lynch mob... sleeping dogs lie. Etc.

I agree....and my point is that if that is the case he can just say so (Or is there a NDA to protect the disclosure of a NDA :spy :p).

People here dont really 'dislike' the chief. They are just (still) looking for answers as to why he hid the delay from us and betrayed our trust? Since he is back now, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to clear the air and move on from it :cheers!

----------

We will releasing actual in game screen shots and game play videos next month.

If possible, could you share with us how you plan to release the info regarding the features etc. + screenshots + video?? I mean are you looking to do a weekly podcast of something, or would it be more frequent?

The Ashes license does not allow us to make these teams editable unlike the rest of the game.

Then, is it possible to create a new team all together? If yes, can we import the licensed players to these created teams?

As previously You can edit the Ashes squads but you can't edit the players or add additional players this is due to the Ashes license itself. We are not doing too bad in the 5th Test so you might want to re-think going for a Australian test squad place at the moment but you never know.

Argggghhhhhh. Please stop avoiding the question.

If you cannot edit the players or add the players then what exactly can you edit with the squad?

Users who are viewing this thread