Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Probably change the line up, batting order, swap player roles etc.
I don't think need to ask a question like that...

If they call that a squad editor then fcuk me....

Sounds like something else that's been in every past cricket game being shown off as a "feature".

Sounds like something else that's been in every past cricket game being shown off as a "feature".

Please be patient, mate. They can choose to answer questions because they are here by themselves.

Likewise, we customers do have the choice when it comes to buying the game... :)

BTW I expect MF to fill up the game's back cover with the kind of "features" mentioned above, and more ... :rolleyes

Last edited:

This is the level this section of PlanetCricket has become.

Mike has repeatedly said that the Ashes LICENSE doesn't allow for editing the Ashes squads. I can only assume that means that every other team is up for editing in a similar way it was handled with IC2010.

The question I'd like to know is outside the Ashes, so in exhibition mode, can we edit/add players to Eng/Aus? Or are they locked for every bit of the game.

This is the level this section of PlanetCricket has become.

Mike has repeatedly said that the Ashes LICENSE doesn't allow for editing the Ashes squads.

An earlier post from MF:
As previously You can edit the Ashes squads

If he just flat out said "you can't edit the Ashes squads" then sure, we'd be annoyed but we'd just leave it at that.

The problem here is he says you can edit the squads but can't edit or add players so we're left wondering wtf?

@whiteninness I think you just have to let this one go mate, pretty sure Mike was referring to editing the batting line up.

@Mike You keep saying to buy both games to support the developers but lets just say I don't have enough money to afford both games. Tell me why I should buy yours over big ants game, come on sell it to me! :yes

An earlier post from MF:

If he just flat out said "you can't edit the Ashes squads" then sure, we'd be annoyed but we'd just leave it at that.

The problem here is he says you can edit the squads but can't edit or add players so we're left wondering wtf?

The thing is, he is under no obligation to answer any questions put forward to him. None at all.

Sure, its nice to have him around answering questions BUT who wouldn't be on the defensive after all the abuse he's received. He's one of a team that has failed, not the only person.

My opinion on the matter is that it is obvious Mike isn't a PR guy, he's a games developer. He's made some mistakes, such as this who fiasco about him saying AC13 has all that Big Ant has to offer and more. I think we ought to remember that and cut the guy some slack, rather than post negative sly comments much like the Big Ant rep here has done repeatedly.

The thing is, he is under no obligation to answer any questions put forward to him. None at all.

Agreed!! But he is here to answer questions.....right?? Get people back on track after the horrible PR, right? I think he is following the 'Confusion Principle':

Confusion principle

"One way to persuade people is to get them confused"

"Confusion is used in many persuasion techniques as a way of destabilizing the other person. Just as a drowning man will clutch at a straw, so also will a confused person grab at any idea you offer them in the hope that it will help them crawl out the sea of confusion in which they are wallowing."

I would say, Mike's doing a good job :cheers!

Last edited:
Tell me why I should buy yours over big ants game, come on sell it to me! :yes

Well, you expect someone who doesn't care to answer many of our reasonable questions will care to sell a copy to you? ;) Jokes aside, that's the only way we get to react to this kind of customer relations...

Possibly you can change names to add yourself but you can't change appearances or add licensed players to unlicensed squads.

Possibly you can change names to add yourself but you can't change appearances or add licensed players to unlicensed squads.

He said that you cannot add players to the Ashes squad, so despite him saying that you can edit a player to give him from "over 200 kit items", you cannot put him in the Aus or Eng squads.

He hasn't said anything about adding licensed players to unlicensed squads, although I doubt that's possible.

I bet that's not the case. Renaming a licensed player is not likely to be allowed (not atleast in games like AC13 which buy licenses with this many limitations).
We are apparently left with no other option but change the batting order may be.... I don't even expect that you can add these licensed players to unlicensed squads.

But still nobody from Trickstar games (two are members here) care to explain the meaning of "& more" or "you can't edit the players or add additional players". Just because you can choose to answer more convinient questions, doesn't mean you can dodge ones like these...

Sorry if this is out of place or something, if so admins please delete it...

Well first of all there's only one person from Trickstar here and secondly I know it sounds unlikely that you can edit the names of licensed players but that's what I remember hearing.
To be honest the licensing limitations are only an issue on console anyway. On PC I'm pretty confident we'll be able to change what we like.

[/COLOR]

Sure, its nice to have him around answering questions BUT who wouldn't be on the defensive after all the abuse he's received. He's one of a team that has failed, not the only person.

My opinion on the matter is that it is obvious Mike isn't a PR guy, he's a games developer. He's made some mistakes, such as this who fiasco about him saying AC13 has all that Big Ant has to offer and more. I think we ought to remember that and cut the guy some slack, rather than post negative sly comments much like the Big Ant rep here has done repeatedly.

Good to hear from you again! Whilst I respect your view and can go a long way with it, I think we have to put into context that the things Ross has been saying have then proven to be true.

He doesnt post in this forum but does read the posts. I think we can also perhaps take into account how frustrating it must be for Ross knowing what he knows and having to see how things are then given a different color in the public eye and not always being able to speak openly about what has happened behind the scenes.

As I have pointed out before Mike is under no obligation to come to the forums, as you also say. That is the point. He chooses to come here for good reasons that are known to him and he has to expect that people will not forget and be fobbed of with the eternal one liners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crucify me if you want but it'll not be an understatement if I say most of Mike's responses to forum members here are insulting to our intelligence.

I'm personally done with reading his responses here on the forum for one simple reason : he treats us like we don't understand what's going on and that he can get away with his auto-reply-esque responses.

Anybody who claims Mike's presence here is a privilege for us, guess what.. it's NOT! It would have been IF he had *anything* to contribute. His responses just do NOT belong here. PlanetCricket stands out from other forums mostly because of the quality of posts made by members here and Mike's simply don't make the cut. Frankly, his 'buy both games', 'we've all the features', 'thank 505, else we would have sold you the least we could have' are in no way better than those kids asking for thanks all over the forum for their C07 mods.

Mike, please don't respond to this post with your standard insulting-others'-intelligence answers. We're better of without them.

Users who are viewing this thread