Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I agree....and my point is that if that is the case he can just say so (Or is there a NDA to protect the disclosure of a NDA :spy :p)

I think there's every possibility that there are things he simply can't and won't talk about through either legal reasons or simple professional courtesy and that should be totally fine.

People here dont really 'dislike' the chief. They are just (still) looking for answers as to why he hid the delay from us and betrayed our trust?

Whether you "like" someone on the internet or not it doesn't actually matter, what does matter is Chief came here to promote a game, had to tow the company line to a certain extent at that time either knowing, or unknowingly having given false information. Whether he knew it or not at the time is TOTALLY irrelevant because it's been and gone. Mea culpas or whatever folks are looking for serve absolutely no purpose, other than making us look like some message-board lynch mob.

Since he is back now, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to clear the air and move on from it :cheers!

We are owed absolutely no explanation whatsoever. If you feel lied an cheated to by him I'm not sure that's a totally reasonable reaction, as I'm confident the majority of people have long moved on from this... but if you want a personal apology or "closure" over a missed release date, you've probably come to the wrong place, ie; The Internet. If it's the first time someone has LIED to you on a message board, I've got some horrible news for you...

Look, It's really not a big deal. I hope we're all mature enough to realize this, given Chief has come back and wants to stick around, I think that says a lot about the man, Ross has pointed out as much. Best advice I can give you is simply to drop it because it does you, PlanetCricket and our perception to others no good.

What IS a big deal is how things are being handled right now by Mike, which is a little nauseatingly useless...

[/COLOR]

Good to hear from you again! Whilst I respect your view and can go a long way with it, I think we have to put into context that the things Ross has been saying have then proven to be true.

He doesnt post in this forum but does read the posts. I think we can also perhaps take into account how frustrating it must be for Ross knowing what he knows and having to see how things are then given a different color in the public eye and not always being able to speak openly about what has happened behind the scenes.

As I have pointed out before Mike is under no obligation to come to the forums, as you also say. That is the point. He chooses to come here for good reasons that are known to him and he has to expect that people will not forget and be fobbed of with the eternal one liners.

Don't get me wrong here, being told a release date and then missing it, being given no information until the day of release to tell us it delayed AND the shambles that has been PR and letting crappy screenshots and Vine video out has been nothing short of shambolic.

The one thing I take from this forum is a certain number of members are posting to just try to cause argument or blatantly get at Mike personally.

Both AC13 and DB14 are in a similar boat. We've not played either game, we've only seen screenshots and a couple of videos of DA14. Yes Ross seems to be a lot better at releasing things when promised and I believe (I'm on a Mac so cannot try) the Cricket Academy is offering quite a decent experience as far as editing players.

At the end of the day Dutchad, I'm like 100% of this forum and want a really fantastic cricket game. Especially when I'm sat here watching the cricket, I'd love nothing more than to have AC13 to play alongside or DB14. We don't have either yet, and I think people should hold their negativity till then, because apologies have been given for this game, and for me thats enough until we play it.

At the end of the day Dutchad, I'm like 100% of this forum and want a really fantastic cricket game. Especially when I'm sitting here watching the cricket, I'd love nothing more than to have AC13 to play alongside or DB14. We don't have either yet, and I think people should hold their negativity till then, because apologies have been given for this game, and for me thats enough until we play it.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Any members who get their posts deleted for being off topic please refer that staff member/admin back to last 6 posts of this topic ;)

Any members who get their posts deleted for being off topic please refer that staff member/admin back to last 6 posts of this topic ;)

I'll start the proceedings, thank you....

Sat is the correct term, with this run-rate I'm almost dead, or leaving.

Nope, it's a common English mistake.

When I sat there.

When I was sitting there.

Now...on topic...

When I was sitting there waiting to hear from Mike Fegan.

Better?

...you'll be seated until September.

Nope, it's a common English mistake.

When I sat there.

When I was sitting there.

Now...on topic...

When I was sitting there waiting to hear from Mike Fegan.

Better?

My reply was merely in good humour ;)

I say good, depends on the reader.

Back on topic, will it be possible to make the game go into the 5th day on the consoles? Usually I'm finishing games within 3 days on IC10, and thats on hard and on console. I think the PC player have patches which probably improve things.

Users who are viewing this thread