Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

People really have short memories when it comes to EA. Go back 5 years and you have:

Association football: FIFA gets buy with licences but Pro Evo soccer is widely considered to have better gameplay
American football: Madden is at the top of its game but there is competition from the 2k series.
Basketball: The 2k series beats the EA NBA Live series
Hockey: The 2k series beats the EA NHL series
Cricket: ---- until mods save it

And what about now?

Association football: This has actually improved but not much gets added each year, was long due for a big update with next gen. Has overtaken PES.
American football: Gone downhill on the 360/ps3 generation, no more 2k competition and a monopoly on the licence which has led to a lawsuit.
Basketball: Gave up after being destroyed by 2k, hasn't released a game for years despite the almost release of NBA Elite 12.
Hockey: No more competition from 2k but the games have improved a bit but perhaps not as well as it would have if competition remained.
Cricket: Nothing

So before we all go shouting "please make my game and my babies EA" just remember what we're dealing with. And, of course, this is just the sports side of the company. For all other games, how about the huge success Sim City?

Pro Evo doesn't even compete with FIFA gameplay.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

Last year was almost back to its best. Crossing my fingers that it will be back in front this year.

Always have been Pro Evo fan, and have to say Pro Evo 3 PS2 has to be the best till date.

Hey Mike....we have been patient throughout August :(!! Atleast let us know when you would be revealing the goodies :cheers
Give us some good news soon.....pleeeeeeeease :wave

any chance we are going to hear some news mike? I will take anything at this stage??

Pro Evo doesn't even compete with FIFA gameplay.

Like I said, FIFA has caught up and probably overtaken (although the amount of licences will always boost sales as much, if not more than the gameplay)

But 6 years ago, PES was ahead, and quite easily in my opinion.

hope you are able to provide some more info.

i think the main info everyone really wants to know is, are you on track for the anticipated November release?

I will do my best to give you a further WIP update on Friday.
Surely you're now in a position to start talking about the features that have made it into the game? I get that during August you might have needed to drop or alter features or might be working on things that may not make it - but now you should have all the major components of the game completed to be able to get this game off to Microsoft/Sony for approvals as soon as possible?

Even just basic things like a list of the stadiums/teams in the game, the game modes we have, etc.

I really want to know about the bowling system - as frankly, despite anything else, an enjoyable bowling system is enough for me to want the game.

Surely you're now in a position to start talking about the features that have made it into the game? I get that during August you might have needed to drop or alter features or might be working on things that may not make it - but now you should have all the major components of the game completed to be able to get this game off to Microsoft/Sony for approvals as soon as possible?

Even just basic things like a list of the stadiums/teams in the game, the game modes we have, etc.

I really want to know about the bowling system - as frankly, despite anything else, an enjoyable bowling system is enough for me to want the game.

which implies the answer to my question is "no. no we're not."

Even just basic things like a list of the stadiums/teams in the game, the game modes we have, etc...

Stop me if I'm wrong, but surely that stuff would should have been locked down months ago...

My understanding is the previous "DLC" stuff like the referral system was just being put back into the main game, should've been in there anyway given how prevalent and infamous it was during the series, but surely they're not building whole new elements out of thin air?

Mind you, it does have everything and more... perhaps the 'and more' is new stuff they've been working on?

It's genuinely confusing, and I'm not being petulant or difficult here.

that's the problem, all we've heard about is bug-fixing and polishing and etc. etc. etc.

all everyone wants is to know are you on track for the nov release, and some feature information. i don't think anyone seriously expects a full feature list locking down the "all that and more" debate... but they MUST know by now if they are on target to hit the revised date

To be honest we're not really interested in how you're having to fix bugs because you used a beta version of a pre-built engine. We just want to see that you do indeed have all of the BA features and more!

To be honest we're not really interested in how you're having to fix bugs because you used a beta version of a pre-built engine. We just want to see that you do indeed have all of the BA features and more!

Yea I agree. Even a few features or stadiums/teams as MattW mentioned. If they had started feeding out features and screenshots then maybe a few more people would be interested in the Bugs update because you'd want to know how the game that "has all that and more" is going. Don't get me wrong something is better than nothing but this is closer to nothing than something and with November just around the corner its worrying.
My point being that if we had features or stadiums or anything at all for that matter then the bug update would be nice to know how things are getting along.

Sorry for rambling :p

I'm firmly in the "don't care about bug reports" because it's a bit like your dentist telling you how many times he had to wash his hands today...

Users who are viewing this thread