Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I dedicate this song ["Another Time" by Curt Boettcher] to Mike Fegan, staff at Trickstar & 505 - especially the emboldened lines.

Another time
You'll see my face when you're not looking
And run to me to blindly ask, What's on my mind?
Another time
You'll find me in a day and ask if you can stay and play along
Well another time has come and already gone
Another time
You're heart will sing the music that I'm hearing
And find a way to answer all the questions in my eyes
Another time
You'll lift your head and see a sky that beckons you to try your wings at last
But another time has come another time has passed

Another time
The words I'm saying now will lose there meaning
because by then we've shared a love but now I'm only dreaming

Another time
You'll be the moth who's found the light I've known
She's also found her death

But you'll understand another time
So I guess I'll save my breath

Another time

----------------------------
Let us all save our breaths (although I know we won't).

I have a hunch that marketing assets may be revealed sometime in late October with the game being released in the last couple of days of November. That would give Trickstar/505 more or less one month of show off time.

Anyways;
Yawn!
Zzzzzz
That is all worth saying here about Ashes'13.

If they were to put every single club cricketer in the world into the game it probably would boost sales...

You cant sell something that doesn't exist... There's more chance of Lord Lucan opening the batting for England in the boxing day test than there is of this game releasing.

The game exists; I've seen it played in front of me. As Ross says in the other thread the real question is what state 505 are prepared to release in.

Read their FAQ for fun.

----------

:lol Superb
11 Will DRS be included?
One of our main focuses for Ashes Cricket 2013 has been realism and we talked at length about adding DRS. From a gameplay standpoint we decided that wrong decisions can be frustrating. DRS is a system which allows verification of questionable decisions and because our umpires can make the right decision every time and hence avoid the frustration of wrong decisions, we decided not to add it to the game.

Which is fine, because they can program in perfect decisions, however the DRS is becoming part of the spectators pantheon of cricket entertainment... There's also no way they possibly could have, at that time, predicted the large infamous role DRS played in the Ashes series, so in hindsight they made a bad decision for the bestreason and couldn't have possibly known that DRS would become the "thing" to discuss during the Ashes series, the title of which, they have on the front cover.

So while I understand the reasoning behind not including it, it's terribly short-sighted of them to do so.

Mind you that Q&A hasn't been updated since May, hence the release date answer.

Regardless, as I mentioned at the time, umpires always being right is a bad thing even if you don't have DRS. Questionable and even outright wrong decisions are part of the game, far more so than DRS is.

Of course despite now claiming DRS as a feature, they've said there's no hotspot - with a crazy reasoning based on its real life limitations that don't impact a game recreation of them - which means they don't have DRS even now they say they do.

In retrospect at least, if the game doesn't make it out, or is really broken on release it will be hard to defend the decision to focus on essentially minor features like this during their extra development time on the game.

Rest assured, it won't be end of September as we are now making good progress on all fronts. I'll co-ordinate with our publisher 505 Games and get back to you on this ASAP. Thanks for all your patience throughout August :yes

Just thought I'd lighten up the mood, here's a good joke :lol

All true, Matt... and speaking of incorrect decisions, the run-out slow mo stuff is pretty buggy in AC09 (even after the patch) whereby you would get dismissed every now and then if you didn't slide your bat into the crease the bowler would whip of the bails and the umpire would give you out. Happens maybe 1/50 times when I've played it, but their per-programmed umpires would even make mistakes ;)

...whether or not a DRS would fix that, is a whole 'nother thing!

Hey Chief I have a question. From what I gather you somehow didn't know how bad this game was? So what were you thinking about 6-8 months ago? Surely you could see how terrible the game was?

As much as it's great to see early reviews come in, I'm not totally convinced you've played it yet, so I'm interested as to where you're drawing that conclusion...

As much as it's great to see early reviews come in, I'm not totally convinced you've played it yet, so I'm interested as to where you're drawing that conclusion...

Given your previous of the last 2 pathetic attempts at cricket games, and now the famous disappearing act again you can't blame us the paying customer for being slightly negative can you.

Users who are viewing this thread