Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

That's a bitter true fact that if dbc14 not been there we would have been playing a broken ac13 now. Dbc14 is such a relief for cricket fans and has set some standards which any cricket game making studio in future will have to reach to make profit. Poor ac13 got overwhelmed by dbc14 features.

I dare suggest we'd have had a better AC13 in November - because they wouldn't be spending the little time they had to fix things up after failing at submitting the first time on chasing after DB14's shadow on things like DRS, which while nice, shouldn't be at the top of the pile.

The game still wouldn't have been ready for submission had DB14 not existed, and the decision to delay would be with even less pressure as they wouldn't be opening the door to the competition like they will be with the delay meaning they will release after them.

The relationship between both games begins and ends with them being cricket games! One missed release date is not the cause or anything to do with another pre-existing product that has been in development for much longer than this one. It's ridiculous to suggest DBC14 has anything to do with the delay...

The relationship between both games begins and ends with them being cricket games! One missed release date is not the cause or anything to do with another pre-existing product that has been in development for much longer than this one. It's ridiculous to suggest DBC14 has anything to do with the delay...

I think they are keeping a very careful watch on each other. To what extent that affects their development and release, I'm not sure.

If anything though, if Trickstar predicted Bradman coming out later that year (not even called Bradman at the time) they would have rushed even more to get it out during the first Ashes series. A broken game out months before the competitor during the competition it's named after would still have sold reasonably well. I still think the whole "brave 505 games decision" was a bit of a crock and they simply failed the submissions test.

I still think the whole "brave 505 games decision" was a bit of a crock and they simply failed the submissions test.

Totally agree, but what Balkeet was suggesting as "Fact" is utter nonsense, which was my original point. If DBC14 didn't exist, there's absolutely no evidence to suggest Ashes would've met their obligations either way. The game most likely would still have failed submission and still missed the planned date. There's also ZERO evidence to suggest Trickstar were "overwhelmed" by features from DBC14 since right from the get-go the consistent message has been "gameplay-over-features". They've never been in an "Arms Race" if you will with BigAnt until NOW, with Mike claiming they have 'everything and more'* ...that's literally the first time we've heard them speaking directly about matching DBC14 pound-for-pound.

So it's just yet another example of Balkeet liberally drinking a little too much...

attachment.php

...the out-of-context mobile he rents on a day-to-day basis, should not be driven while under the influence of the above product.

*They don't

Attachments

• MagicPotion.png
    MagicPotion.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 382
The point is since jan-feb this year fans been suggesting features like manual appealing, drs etc to include in ac13 over the official ac13 forum (which was not a kitchen mess at that time) but they clearly said these features won't make it to game this time, but after ross revealed bac14 (game name at that time) features they took a U turn and mike fegan confirmed on fb some features to be in game. Thats what i observed over these months. And no one makes up stuff better than biggs aka mr. photoshop.

Last edited:
That's not what you said at all. Backtrack dot com.

EDIT:

Here's a smaller pocket-size bottle for you...

attachment.php

...just so you've always got one ready to go.

Attachments

1.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Last edited:
Stating the very obvious I know but sucks that again we have been told one thing "early September" and yet once again have been let down, use to feel angry bout it but now it's just become sad, wonder if anything will be said come "early October"

Users who are viewing this thread