Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Yeah there are two themes which run through this thread which some people tend to get mixed up:

A. A game being produced which we cannot in fairness judge yet as we haven't played it.

B. The incredibly inept communication and twisting and turning going on which deserves all the criticism it is getting.

Yeah there are two themes which run through this thread which some people tend to get mixed up:

A. A game being produced which we cannot in fairness judge yet as we haven't played it.

B. The incredibly inept communication and twisting and turning going on which deserves all the criticism it is getting.

I agree with you, and I know it exists, but I do not know if we will be able to judge it as we have no Guarantee in this life if this game will ever see the light of day

I emailed 505 games asking for a specific release date and got this response:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Tech Support.

Unfortunately, we do not have information regarding the release date of our products.

I suggest that you visit the official forum for updates:
General Discussion - The Official Ashes Cricket 2013 Forum

Regards,
Daniel
505 Games Technical Support"

So...who does control the release date? Mikey F keeps saying 505 will have an announcement soon (which i assume would be the release date), but if they are saying they don't know anything about the release date then who does?! Are they lying because the game is not being released? What is going on here.....?!

i think we can make a very fair assumption it is not very good because a)it failed submission first time round which suggests it's at best very bug-ridden;b)the-existing screenshots are very low quality; and c)they haven't shown any "assets" for a long time which suggest they have very little confidence in them.

i think the low quality of the product has had an effect on the low quality of the communication. they are frankly embarrassed to show what they have done. l

"Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have information regarding the release date of our products.

Regards,
Daniel

Did you tell him that you don't want to buy a new kitchen?

"Hello,

Regards,
Daniel

So...who does control the release date? Mikey F keeps saying 505 will have an announcement soon (which i assume would be the release date), but if they are saying they don't know anything about the release date then who does?! Are they lying because the game is not being released? What is going on here.....?!
i think what's going on is Tech Support exist to solve problems users have; they are not product development or marketing. you wouldn't expect them to have any information. if it was the 505 VP for marketing that answered, the rest of your post is valid. some joey in tech support obviously knows nothing, that proves nothing.

--------------------

the game exists in that they started making it, obviously. it doesn't exist in the sense that it is highly unlikely to ever be released. it is the shroedinger's cat of video games.

i think what's going on is Tech Support exist to solve problems users have; they are not product development or marketing. you wouldn't expect them to have any information. if it was the 505 VP for marketing that answered, the rest of your post is valid. some joey in tech support obviously knows nothing, that proves nothing.

--------------------

the game exists in that they started making it, obviously. it doesn't exist in the sense that it is highly unlikely to ever be released. it is the shroedinger's cat of video games.

I take your point, but why has he not either forwarded on my email to someone who could answer the question or found out the information himself, instead of telling me to look at the official form (which is run by Trickstar I believe)?

Edit: I know no-one on here can tell me why the 505 games staff member has replied the way he has, but it's not exactly what you expect. If you ring the wrong department of a business, they don't hang up, they put you through or find out the information for you (if they indeed know it, which is what we have been led to believe?).

Last edited:
It's just another example of the level of customer service from which we've become so accustomed!!!

Lets not go emailing random departments or phoning random numbers. Julie on the front desk in the 505 IT department isn't going to have a clue about a release date... Come on...

Unless mike fegans been locked up!!

Lets not go emailing random departments or phoning random numbers. Julie on the front desk in the 505 IT department isn't going to have a clue about a release date... Come on...

It was to the only email address available on the 505 games site. Either way, my point stands, if you didn't know you'd find out or put someone in touch who does.

AC13 is still advertising in The Cricketer magazine. Out November!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread