Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I don't think he had any intention to release DBC14 BEFORE the originally scheduled release date in July, but he did say he believed we would have his game in our hands before Ashes because he knew they were wide of the mark at that particular point in time. But I can't be faffed searching out specific quotes...

yeah if ac had released in june/july it still would have made more sense for big ant to release late/oct early nov for the return rather than straight after ac or even after the series when nobody really cared about cricket.

my personal view is the ac debacle was a godsend for big ant in more ways than one. i would likely have bought ac, and when it proved to be a stinker, having been burnt by cricket games before i would have been reasonably unlikely to buy another one even a few months after. (might have changed if the reviews were great but i definitely wouldn't be buying it first day.)

now big ant can release first and be established as THE cricket game to have before ac is out (if it releases) rather than releasing into a market contaminated by yet another disappointing game.

Ross always said it would be after AC June release and has always said it would be before AC nov release. Agree with Block and Biggs wholeheartedly.

Yawn! I am getting tired of both games. No satisfactory updates on either of them. Looks like we are wasting our drool.

The new generation of kids have already shown middle finger to cricket & are helping EA earn $, $$$$$$ through their FIFA series. Cricket game developers are now pushing away the few remaining ones. :mad

Yawn! I am getting tired of both games. No satisfactory updates on either of them. Looks like we are wasting our drool.

The new generation of kids have already shown middle finger to cricket & are helping EA earn $, $$$$$$ through their FIFA series. Cricket game developers are now pushing away the few remaining ones. :mad

Yeh the constant community interaction and feedback from Big Ant...how dare they!

Don't think DBC14 would be in our hands with or without the AC13 fiasco. Ross has always maintained they had a target release date and IIRC he mentioned Australia as the game's primary consumer market. If you consider those statements it seems the game would be targeted for a mid Nov release, just before the Australian leg of the Ashes series kicks off. I mean why would the game be released earlier when the Aussies are tuned in to football/rugby?

What are you on about mate, my drool is in my mouth waiting for trailers to come from both games. PS Mike Fegan setting on the toliet and ross with a newspaper wrapped up for someones back of there head.:D

Did he? He said it would have changed their strategy but not sure you're correct about the game being released by now.

I'm certain of it, feel free to dig up the post because I know I can't be bothered.

I think you may have mis-understood it then. The release has always been scheduled for October/November and not before even if AC13 had released.

I think you may have mis-understood it then. The release has always been scheduled for October/November and not before even if AC13 had released.
He very clearly and directly stated previously 'before October' - not just in the indirect xx/0x/2013 comment - but directly. There was no hedging of the comment.

Yes they have obviously been upfront in explaining why that changed and the date was never announced in stone, but it's not something that wasn't said.

Users who are viewing this thread