Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Only masochists visit this thread, mostly because it's insane-to-non-crazy-people ratio is a little lower than comparable threads.

Even more depressing is the official Ashes 2013 forum. Here is the opening and only post in a thread titled "Introduction":

Hello,
Good evening everyone.
I am from Bangladesh.
Thanks for choosing me in this forum.

You're only hurting yourself by visiting that place...

Even more depressing is the official Ashes 2013 forum. Here is the opening and only post in a thread titled "Introduction":
Someone posted that here as well (deleted as they didn't use the Introductions thread) - they linked to the Wikipedia article for Bangladesh as well, in case we hadn't heard of it presumably?

There are more insect crickets there then cricket game developers.

...they linked to the Wikipedia article for Bangladesh as well, in case we hadn't heard of it presumably?

That reminds me, I never linked to my Wikipedia page when I posted in the introductions thread back in '09... Too late?

One of the interesting feature that we would miss in this game if it goes unreleased - Licensed Bugs! Yes for the very first time ;)

I am now more interested in seeing 505 abusing the crap out of Tricstar employees then the game itself. Wish somebody made a vine of it.

Chief what do you make of all this?

what's the timetable, in the unlikely event this game will be released?

we are 6 weeks to the day before the first test. surely they would need to release at least a week before the first test? so that's five weeks.

now i have no experience of the industry so i don't know but i can't imagine they manufacture all the disks before passing submission? so to allow manufacture and distribution times they must have had an answer on submission by now? (anyone knowing more about the industry... think we have one or two here ;) i am eager to be corrected)

so if they have passed submission and will release, what an absolute steaming turd must they have on their hands to still be too frightened to release any screenshots / videos / features? it literally beggars belief. if they had failed submission i think we would have had more hints from ross about it not releasing whereas his recent hints have been that it will release.

Devils advocate, but I think Ross has his hands full at the moment, worrying about this title that is for all intents DOA is probably the least of his worries...

If he has heard anything, I think he's trying to keep it 'clean' around here as they gear up for release of their own game, as they say... eye on the prize, not the opposition.

The long silence, in defiance of their promise to keep everyone better informed, suggests that submission may not have gone smoothly.
No-one has a clue...

The long silence, in defiance of their promise to keep everyone better informed, suggests that submission may not have gone smoothly.
No-one has a clue...

Timing wise is it fair to assume that to release 5 weeks from now - a week before the first test - they should be through submission already? Or not?

I'm going to go out on a limb* and suggest Barmy has probably nailed it.

*Not really that far out, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread