Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I can't see them releasing this game on the next gen as that would require them restarting the whole process again and using the new tech. Which would mean possibly that we will see this game at the end of 2014 (I presume).

Given that AC13 team popped their head up indicates to me the game is still being worked on. If it was ready for a November release, I would anticipate that we would have seen a lot more of them at this point confident and gearing up for a release. I agree with others that the silence is deafening and this game will be out possibly December/January.

In regards to DBC14, I don't think they anticipated the bugs in CA. However, it was only a few days ago that Ross also said that the reason why CA is still offline is that they were also linking into XBox Live and PSN. While he hasn't always given us the information we want and that, I don't think Ross has ever out and out lied to us deliberately.... unlike some games.

Yeah it is pretty interesting. seeing as Fegan has been been MIA for 2 months it could be possible that he got the sack, who knows? i think if they do change the name it will only be someting simple like "Ashes Cricket 2013/2014". regarding release date i think it would be smart for either AC13 or DBC14 to release between the Adelaide and Melbourne tests. the hype leading up to christmas/boxing day test is huge. but it is definately possible they could release on Ps4

are trickstar publicly-listed? if so you'd know if a senior employee left. even if they weren't i think there are people here who would know "something" if that had happened.

to me, it has all the elements of a "legal" shutdown; i.e. - they're in serious danger of needing to cancel. maybe they failed submissions, or have a lot of changes to make to pass them and not enough time; they have legal obligations, probably a lot of people's future would be at stake if not the whole company. they will be negotiating with the licensors, maybe seeing how than they mitigate liability? they won't just come out and say "we've cancelled".

I think if they can get the game past approvals it will release regardless of timing - right out until England fly home.

I do doubt a release not on the major platforms - PC only has been a remote possibility for a while because of the lack of approvals process, but it's also the platform with the lowest returns, and the only point in releasing would be to offset the losses.

i think they can't have passed submissions. i think the origin of "early september" was that is the time they would have got the submission decision in order to hit a november release. as we have seen, they have had no problems in showing seriously shoddy "assets" in the past so i don't think they are sitting on the screenshots etc. because they think they're rubbish. the silence screams legal shutdown to me.

i know it's been ruled out previously, but yeah a PC only release might enable them to claw back something. maybe even a Steam only release to avoid distribution costs? again, this is something that could induce such a silence because the licensors would be expecting major platform. but PC only release is the "best case" (for them) release scenario.

are trickstar publicly-listed? if so you'd know if a senior employee left. even if they weren't i think there are people here who would know "something" if that had happened.
Mike is still at Trickstar.

If anything happened it would be them losing the development contract - not him leaving the company he helped found.

I can't see them releasing this game on the next gen as that would require them restarting the whole process again and using the new tech. Which would mean possibly that we will see this game at the end of 2014 (I presume).

Given that AC13 team popped their head up indicates to me the game is still being worked on. If it was ready for a November release, I would anticipate that we would have seen a lot more of them at this point confident and gearing up for a release. I agree with others that the silence is deafening and this game will be out possibly December/January.

In regards to DBC14, I don't think they anticipated the bugs in CA. However, it was only a few days ago that Ross also said that the reason why CA is still offline is that they were also linking into XBox Live and PSN. While he hasn't always given us the information we want and that, I don't think Ross has ever out and out lied to us deliberately.... unlike some games.

it's a good point about the new tech. i guess it's 505 who hold the license not trickstar, so they could maybe switch developer? not sure if would be viable though, for a new developer to just jump in like that?

It's kinda crazy to think that the guessing games that have been going on for almost a year now regarding both games could all be over in a couple of months... It has been pretty crazy

Seems as though the last T20 isn't until the 2nd Feb 2014, they could in theory release at any point between the start of the Ashes and then and simply change the name to Ashes 13/14 as pointed out above. I'm sure releasing that late wouldn't be ideal, but at least it would give them more time to sort the game out and release within the ashes tour.

Edit: if i had to make a prediction I'd go for early Jan (after the end of the last test - even though the series may be decided before then of course) with the marketing based about re-living/re-playing the Ashes series. Obviously it would all depend on who won the second series, but say Australia were to lose then then marketing to the (potential) Australian customers would be about doing better than the actual team and winning the series/regaining pride etc...and the opposite to potential English customers. At this point there would still be the ODI's and T20's to come, so there would still be a lot of people watching the cricket and therefore interest in the game.

This may actually be the best for them to release it (although clearly risky). If DBC 14 turns out to not be as good as expected then people will want to try Ashes 13/14 and even if DBC 14 is as good as expected there are always going to be people who will want to the game to due the licensing they have (from looking at the Ashes 13 fb page there still seems to be people both wanting the game and/or not aware of DBC 14). Plus, it being January they could have some kind of 'January sale' pricing, which may help persuade those who weren't going to or were unsure of buying the game buy it.

Last edited:
If they are, as they say, still working on it, we can probably kiss goodbye to a 2013 release.

Hence the reason why I said possible a 2014 release a couple of weeks back :clap 10 days off November and 31 days until Ashes and all has gone dead..... personally I think it's a no show, hope I'm wrong!!!

Steve S.

Hence the reason why I said possible a 2014 release a couple of weeks back :clap 10 days off November and 31 days until Ashes and all has gone dead..... personally I think it's a no show, hope I'm wrong!!!

Perhaps they're aiming to do a full on 4 week promotional push for the game leading up to the first test?

Haha, but seriously though it could happen.

Even if they are on stage, they would probably continue to say -
" Our boys are really working very hard, and we have made lots of progress. Hang on there, we are close! "

Oh boy, they wanted to follow apple policy to release polished stuffs as next release but Mike Fegan is not a Steve Jobs. :p

You're on a roll tonight I see! Keep 'em coming!! :thumbs

If BigAnt can pull off short promotional campaigns then there's no reason why 505/Trickstar can't.

Users who are viewing this thread