Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

This game is cancelled for sure,
They were suppose to show features of the game early September and now its nearly November and they still got nothing to show lol.
They cant be better then DBC14.

They cant be better then DBC14.

This now comes later. First they (Trickstar) are not better then Big Ant as a company & Ross as a CEO. Trickstar & MF have lied to our faces. They have completely tarnished their companies reputation. Joke's on them, not us.

out of pure curiosity i went on the official ashes cricket 2013 forum page to see if there was ANY news. amazingly i found a reply by AC13 to a post from today (21 Oct) saying the game has not been cancelled and the team are focusing all of their time on it...
and no this is not a joke. see for yourself: IC 2010 patch - General Discussion - The Official Ashes Cricket 2013 Forum
not sure whether to believe it or accept it as another one of the mountain of lies, thoughts? and you can thank me for the great find ;)
ps. not sure if we are allowed to post links or not, but i thought it would be relevant.

amazingly i found a reply by AC13 to a post from today (21 Oct) saying the game has not been cancelled and the team are focusing all of their time on it...
Assuming that's accurate and not just a company line - what I said last time we got a comment like that pop up applies even more now,
Why would I be assured by them still working on the game? The point is that it should be finished now so it can be in submission to get on the shelves in November.

If the game isn't finished in October, it's not on the shelves in November. Big Ant have next month to themselves if they want it.

out of pure curiosity i went on the official ashes cricket 2013 forum page to see if there was ANY news. amazingly i found a reply by AC13 to a post from today (21 Oct) saying the game has not been cancelled and the team are focusing all of their time on it...
and no this is not a joke. see for yourself: IC 2010 patch - General Discussion - The Official Ashes Cricket 2013 Forum
not sure whether to believe it or accept it as another one of the mountain of lies, thoughts? and you can thank me for the great find ;)
ps. not sure if we are allowed to post links or not, but i thought it would be relevant.

Assuming that's accurate and not just a company line - what I said last time we got a comment like that pop up applies even more now,
If the game isn't finished in October, it's not on the shelves in November. Big Ant have next month to themselves if they want it.

very interesting. i think the post that the game has not been cancelled might be missing an "offically". it's not gonna be as simple as just cancelling - the contractual ramifications will be immense, and it explains MF being in Purdah while that's unravelled.

do you think they would bother with release in December? i guess the 2nd test only starts 5th so they could just about get away with the first week of Dec? (though that's when i think DBC is targeting).

another (remote) possibility, that might just explain the silence, could be that they know they won't hit this year, and are looking at a renamed game in 2014 for next gen? IC14/15? again, the license contract is for a specific ashes game this year, so they would need a lot of legal negotiations to change that i assume? i simply do not see it releasing as AC13. it seems they have no way to hit Nov, and if they're still working on the game so much now I would say that applies to December, too.

regarding BigAnt, wary of another Fatwa, obviously, but as v.99a of CA would appear to have had issues resulting in the need for v.99b (which i think wasn't originally planned and they'd have more to add to get it up to v1 you would wonder if they could hit anything other than late Nov even if they wanted to?

regarding BigAnt, wary of another Fatwa, obviously, but as v.99a of CA would appear to have had issues resulting in the need for v.99b (which i think wasn't originally planned and they'd have more to add to get it up to v1 you would wonder if they could hit anything other than late Nov even if they wanted to?

I thought the CA issues had to do with the server though? So how would that affect the disced games? I could be wrong though (and probably am)

Yeah it is pretty interesting. seeing as Fegan has been been MIA for 2 months it could be possible that he got the sack, who knows? i think if they do change the name it will only be someting simple like "Ashes Cricket 2013/2014". regarding release date i think it would be smart for either AC13 or DBC14 to release between the Adelaide and Melbourne tests. the hype leading up to christmas/boxing day test is huge. but it is definately possible they could release on Ps4

do you think they would bother with release in December? i guess the 2nd test only starts 5th so they could just about get away with the first week of Dec? (though that's when i think DBC is targeting).
I think if they can get the game past approvals it will release regardless of timing - right out until England fly home.

I do doubt a release not on the major platforms - PC only has been a remote possibility for a while because of the lack of approvals process, but it's also the platform with the lowest returns, and the only point in releasing would be to offset the losses.

I thought the CA issues had to do with the server though? So how would that affect the disced games? I could be wrong though (and probably am)

i thought, bringin CA up to v1.0 would be part of the day one patch? either way, i would be surprised if you'd release with CA having issues even it was server side problems.

obviously they have fixed (subject to testing/QA) the 'current' issues for v99b, but if they made other changes between v99b and v1.0 that would obviously require significant testing and we're already in the --- end of october... the changes already done for v99b would also require going back and changing/re-testing work they considered "done", beyond just the actual changes they made. you have to make sure the fix you apply to component a doesnt break components b,c,d etc. so they might not have been able to do what else they were planning to do last week, which affects this week, and so on...

was just vocalising really that they may not be ready, even if they were happy that they would indeed have November to themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread