Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Then, it is basically like an app for PC to have a bat & ball game. That is nice, atleast it has broken the shackles for Ross to play his master tactics from now on. Am already feeling a big RELIEF!

No wonder that they didn't have any video/trailers in advance as the publishing company are very well aware of having such a low quality product around. Looks like they are trying to get some $ back for having invested so many $$s for development of this game. :p

Any official news on 505 or Trickstar forum, twitter or facebook?

Considering the release on steam, short notice, no fan fair and for bargain price (advertised in EB Games for $69 PC, higher for console), I sence this is the only product we will see for Ashes 13. In my opinion, I don't think a console release will be happening, and this will allow DBC to release as per their plan as the majority of sales will be from in store PC and Console release.

Any official news on 505 or Trickstar forum, twitter or facebook?
No press release or anything through the official channels, though perhaps later today once it's working hours in the UK we might hear something.

Considering how we still only have the burning stumps trailer - I wonder just how bad the animations are.

?14 on Steam for a new game! Must be awful quality. Any idea if it will be released with a box in shops? Otherwise I can't see this stealing the Christmas sales.
Does anyone know where the specifications are? Most of the Ashes threads seem to have disappeared.

i guess this is perfect for DB14 :)

----------

Dear lord...did not even notice that...

I do not want to insult the developers...but what the hell have they been doing?

fielding is Automatic with F*ed up AI lol

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the videos of this game when it comes out. Some sick morbid fascination...

It'll be like watching David Hasselhoff trying to resurrect his career... or watching any of David Hasselhoff during the period when he actually had a career.

Does anyone know where the specifications are? Most of the Ashes threads seem to have disappeared.
On the Steam page:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel i3 or AMD A6 or above processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 400 or ATI Radeon 6000 series, 512MB, Shader model 3.0+ graphics card
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card

On the Steam page:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel i3 or AMD A6 or above processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 400 or ATI Radeon 6000 series, 512MB, Shader model 3.0+ graphics card
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX version 9.0c-compatible sound card

Seems that quite a good PC is needed to get this game running, and I doubt that it will be backed up by high quality graphics or gameplay.

This message is hidden because Supershtuffthat is on your ignore list.

Pearls of wisdom Super------IAm? Your game is looking awesome!

Oh hi again ross (and giant gunt). Thanks for responding, even though you cant even read my message! :-)

Looks better than youre bug infested robotic piece of crud!!!!!!! What are you doing on here, dont you have new 'builds' to make?

It's unfortunate we are getting such a game in this day and age. Even games like Allan Border/Graham Gooch cricket released more than 20 years ago or Brian Lara cricket on Sega Mega Drive nearly 20 years back had more depth in gameplay.

Oh well, this adds another sorry chapter in the long line of developers & publishers taking cricket gaming fans for a ride :rolleyes Well Mike Fegan you have indeed "revealed all" this "early september" and the game does indeed have "all that and more" :lol

P.S. - I am blown away all the "assets" that were added or "turned on" in the game

Last edited:
The most concerning effect of this is the possible delay of DBC14. If a console version follows this steam release then DBC14 will be competing with a cheaper game with an official license that will catch the eye of the casual gamer. Fingers crossed no console version comes in the near future (or at all) and DBC14 can release when desired.

I don't think Fegan will stay anymore on cricket development, never ever! The way this has been handled & treated, it's just unbelievable.

May be a fishing game is way to go, Mr.Fegan.

Oh hi again ross (and giant gunt). Thanks for responding, even though you cant even read my message! :-)

Looks better than youre bug infested robotic piece of crud!!!!!!! What are you doing on here, dont you have new 'builds' to make?

TBH bud AC13 can't even hold a candle to Allan Border/raham Gooch cricket released 20 years back, forget about DBC14. We may not agree with Big Ant's release strategy for the game but that doesn't mean the game is poor. In fact based on the videos from gameplay session, DBC14 looks like the best cricket game till date.

Users who are viewing this thread