Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I wonder what would happen to people who have preordered physical copies of Ashes Cricket 2013?

Shouldn't matter really... it's still cr@p whether you download it digitally or get it on a physical media (DVD)

I wonder what would happen to people who have preordered physical copies of Ashes Cricket 2013?

Well I'd cancel any console pre-orders immediately, but perhaps they'll press a few discs of the game - but equally why bother, they'd make a slightly better margin on a digital sale.

As Ross has said, pre-orders by stores are usually something they have arranged on their own (same with setting placeholder dates). If an official word comes out that the game will not be released in certain formats, the stores will have to honour a refund.

As Ross has said, pre-orders by stores are usually something they have arranged on their own (same with setting placeholder dates). If an official word comes out that the game will not be released in certain formats, the stores will have to honour a refund.

No retail release is great news for DBC14. Retailers would be flocking to Ross for some DBC14 love now.:yes

I am shocked, now the big question for Ross. What do you do now.
PS It's cheap and maybe I will try it, not sure if I care anymore. A new low for Mike Fegan and his team.:(

I am shocked, now the big question for Ross. What do you do now.
PS It's cheap and maybe I will try it, not sure if I care anymore. A new low for Mike Fegan and his team.:(

I will wait for some videos/reviews till the weekend and make a call whether to buy it or not. Everything else aside, I am pissed that there is no manual footwork selection option (talk about all new batting controls :rolleyes) That makes it pretty evident that this game is probably more arcadey than World Cricket Championship on my Android phone.

On steam it said something about controller supported. Given the simplicity of the controls it probably isn't needed.

I will wait for some videos/reviews till the weekend and make a call whether to buy it or not. Everything else aside, I am pissed that there is no manual footwork selection option (talk about all new batting controls :rolleyes) That makes it pretty evident that this game is probably more arcadey than World Cricket Championship on my Android phone.

Yes I will read MattW review and just think about it after that, this is a sad day for cricket games. :(

PS Now for the good news, DBC14 enough said, please Ross give us our drugs.

PS The graphics look the same as the old screens:facepalm, no improvement over the last 6 months.
If MattW scores this bad I will not buy this crap and I never say that.:yes

Yes I will read MattW review and just think about it after that, this is a sad day for cricket games. :(

PS Now for the good news, DBC14 enough said, please Ross give us our drugs.

PS The graphics look the same as the old screens:facepalm, no improvement over the last 6 months.
If MattW scores this bad I will not buy this crap and I never say that.:yes

And that's a big deal for cricket game lovers... we've been buying crap games for years!

Users who are viewing this thread