Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Not to put to fine of a point on some of Chief's earlier posts -
On the second question, there's some different perspectives to take into account:
As a player, online isn't actually all that important to me personally, as there are very few console games that I actually play online (PES and Red Dead Redemption the only recent ones I can think of, and even those were generally with 3 or 4 of my close friends, and THEN only when there was a reason we couldn't do it in person...)

From a development point of view, being completely honest, it's *hugely* expensive and laborious to code and test, and frankly it's budget I'd MUCH rather be able to spend elsewhere, concentrating on making the best game possible. To add to that frustration we can track how many people actually play the game online, compared to how many buy it, and the figures speak for themselves: it's a very small fraction.

However, and here's the good news for you from what you've said, from a marketing and sales point of view the perception is that it is absolutely crucial: It's a expectation of the age and I can't imagine any scenario where anyone would entertain releasing a game (and definitely a sports game!) without it. People would see its absence as a huge minus if it was not there (and that would include reviews etc), even if what WAS there was a much better experience for its omission.

So clearly it's a feature dropped because they couldn't get it working. Wonder how much more of the game is in the too hard basket. Chief's comments on batting controls seem totally unredressed by the control scheme included.

This message is hidden because Supershtuffthat is on your ignore list.

You must be so excited your game is nearly here - PM me, love to play you online..

Surprised no-one has asked how you play the 'dilscoop' yet.

By the looks of it you have to type 'S C O O P' as the bowler runs in.

Or spell out scoop with the mouse?

I urge everyone not to buy this game, need to send a message to cowboy developers that they can't treat consumers with such contempt and then expect people to buy their game.

Seems that quite a good PC is needed to get this game running, and I doubt that it will be backed up by high quality graphics or gameplay.

Actually, the PC requirements are quite basic. i3 is nothing special in this day and age (my Tablet has a i5 and it is a bit slow with Cricket Academy).

Not to put to fine of a point on some of Chief's earlier posts -

So clearly it's a feature dropped because they couldn't get it working. Wonder how much more of the game is in the too hard basket. Chief's comments on batting controls seem totally unredressed by the control scheme included.

Well I would love to know what exactly did AC13 work on for 2-3 years. Chief did mention that the game was under development for 2-3 years. If this is what they were able to come up with after spending 2 to 3 years, it does make you wonder what exactly were the AC13 folks doing all along.

I urge everyone not to buy this game, need to send a message to cowboy developers that they can't treat consumers with such contempt and then expect people to buy their game.

sorry ,not buying wont help anyone.. It create more harm on us than any good.. people eager to play new cricket game will buy this.. I am defenitely buying :thumbs

sorry ,not buying wont help anyone.. It create more harm on us than any good.. people eager to play new cricket game will buy this.. I am defenitely buying :thumbs

Personally with no game play footage, just some post-market screenshots and unclear features (due to discrepencies between the listed features and what's in the manual), I'd wait a day or so for a review to come out to make sure it meets your personal expectations. No harm in waiting one or two more days to allow you to potentially save your money and not support a dodgy game developer.

This definitely looks to me as 'plan B' where the original game with dream features failed & they never recovered from collapse that they are selling out the basic build which can sense a bat and the ball! Oh well, this is my own story & way of looking at it.

I wonder what would happen to people who have preordered physical copies of Ashes Cricket 2013?

I wonder what would happen to people who have preordered physical copies of Ashes Cricket 2013?
Well I'd cancel any console pre-orders immediately, but perhaps they'll press a few discs of the game - but equally why bother, they'd make a slightly better margin on a digital sale.

Users who are viewing this thread