Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I can only imagine how Mikey M and the other developers are viewing all of this. Let there be no mistake about this: what Ashes 2013 has done has poisoned the water for other developers of cricket games.

For all those just thinking ah well the game wont sell, BA wins, you are very naive I am afraid. This has knock on effects.

My 2 cents worth. I've worked in the games industry since the age of 16 (some 26 years now) I've seen bad games, heck, I've worked on bad games - I worked on a soccer title (4-4-2 Soccer) on PS1 that was truly awful, I was lucky that forums and facebook weren't around then - however, what you did have back then was retailers that would have buyers (they still have them, but not as vicious as the mid 90's), that looked at titles and said they were shit and wouldn't take the title and so you didn't get much of the product on the shelf.

Nowadays it's easier to get a game to market, which is great, but you haven't got a "quality" protection, someone makes a game and there aren't many barriers to you being able to buy it. I totally believe this is the the right way, those hidden gems that wouldn't have seen the light of day years ago will come along and everyone wins, customer, developer and publisher. But, you have to take the rough with the smooth, I feel for anyone that has worked on a game that has fallen below expectations, i've been there.

From my current position though I can only hope that all on PC will generate the same passionate response as I have seen today - but in a positive way, so that it may get the exposure I think it really deserves.

Just a note - this is the *default* two-player camera.
mlXcbGW.jpg

Take that guy to a toilet and tell him not to shit on the ground....:lol:lol

Attachments

• mlXcbGW.jpg
    mlXcbGW.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 26
That's when you need a keeper without a helmet, so the body gets out the way... like the catcher doing signals, MLB influence?

If this has spoiled the market for other cricket games (DBC) that is,,,won't the trailer speak for itself to retailers, won't it convience them its worth what its worth and its not to be discounted.

on the other hand though, reducing it by a bit won't hurt since the market in its entirety belongs to BA now, everyone who was on the Ashes side will want to buy DBC since its the only cricket game on offer.

I wish things go well, so that we can all play a decent cricket this summer

----------

Just a note - this is the *default* two-player camera.
mlXcbGW.jpg

The spacing between the stumps(bowler end) soooo wrong, very wrong

My GF saw me checking out the videos of this game and she has a very little knowledge about games. Yet her first observation was " This game looks bad". Thats how bad this game is. Even someone with very little knowledge about games can get that this is can of stinking shit.

Wow i thought this was going to be bad but this is just borderline criminal. Havent seen a game as broken as this. International Cricket 2010 was so good, how on earth did they go from that to this garbage?

Just wondering if anyone else managed a night match?
aEVw7iL.jpg

Hmm the most obvious problem with the screenshot: its mighty light for a sky which has no moon/stars/sun/airplanes and no floodlights. Earthglow?

how to change screen resolution??i cant change screen resolution from ingame menu..its 848x6** something by default

Users who are viewing this thread