Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

o_O What's this?

And they would cost a lot, because they are cricketers. They get paid millions for just appearing in an advertisement and endorsing a product, surely they'll not do it cheap.

I'm sure if you ask a guy from a Melbourne team to do mo-cap for a cricket game when he had some spare time he wouldn't say 'what are you offering' o_O As if their time is THAT valuable, they would get some decent exposure from it actually. Doesn't have to be a big name.

It's like they got Jonah Lomu to do motion capture for the Rugby Challenge game, I doubt he would have charged an arm and a leg! The game is named after him...

Just because someone is a good cricketer doesn't mean they would be good at doing motion capture.

Someone used to doing motion capture would probably do a better job copying a player's style than the actual player would do in attempting to be themselves in a motion capture suit in a dark room. The motion capture process would require a level of consistency and accuracy that isn't as needed in actual cricket.

Even if it was the actual player, they would still be trying to imitate themselves to recreate their famous style for the game - but because cricketers aren't usually good actors, they'd come across as being someone trying to imitate them, whereas an actor could convincingly copy a style even if they weren't a good cricketer.

Pretty sure they hired neither the actors nor the actual international cricketers. Instead they hired a couple of state-level cricketers as stated in the video they shared a while back.

But, if they were to hire, money-aspect apart, I think Lee (dark room or not) would do his bowling action almost same every single time. He doesn't have to imitate, he just has to bowl.

I'm sure if you ask a guy from a Melbourne team to do mo-cap for a cricket game when he had some spare time he wouldn't say 'what are you offering' o_O As if their time is THAT valuable, they would get some decent exposure from it actually. Doesn't have to be a big name.

It's like they got Jonah Lomu to do motion capture for the Rugby Challenge game, I doubt he would have charged an arm and a leg! The game is named after him...

If you look out your window do you see leprechauns and pixies?
Do you think Jonah Lomu didn't charge for the use of his name? Tell me, do you think tiger woods tells Nike he doesn't want their money as he's getting publicity out of it?
I suppose your one of these people that thinks players play the ipl because its the best thing to ever happen to cricket! :facepalm
Wake up and smell the coffee. The world of sport is money driven. Mostly due to the players agents.

Last edited:
Wake up and smell the coffee. The world is money driven. Mostly due to the players agents.

Corrected :) Money makes the world go round and I doubt it's only due to players' agents.

Corrected :) Money makes the world go round and I doubt it's only due to players' agents.

Of course, but please note I actually said "the world of sport". Please don't delete parts of my post if your going to quote me to make your point. :thumbs

They would ask 'what are you offering'. You think he'd do that for free, do you?

And what on earth is this : o_O

I have offered all my services free of charge to Chief but for some reason have received as of yet no reply......perhaps he took it the wrong way?

o_O =

(I venture it is a smiley with glasses leering at you through a keyhole?) Two Mexicans on a tandem?)

Of course, but please note I actually said "the world of sport". Please don't delete parts of my post if your going to quote me to make your point. :thumbs

That was the point I was trying to make :facepalm Pls note the word "corrected" in my post which alludes to the "correction" I made to your quote/post, i.e. it's not just "world of sport" but everything in general which is money centric.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, like chief has said this game has a new engine so i bet
the mo-cap will be fine, on the bright side could it be any worse
than some of the shots in ic2010:facepalm.

Also i was thinking about the licence problem being the reason we still
have not seen the game. The aus team will be picked next month,not sure
about the pomms:p, so like i was saying, my guess is they can not show the game till the full squads are released in early may. I bet they have created a lot of aus
and eng players but need to wait for the final 17. :spy

Gentlemen, like chief has said this game has a new engine so i bet
the mo-cap will be fine, on the bright side could it be any worse
than some of the shots in ic2010:facepalm.

Also i was thinking about the licence problem being the reason we still
have not seen the game. The aus team will be picked next month,not sure
about the pomms:p, so like i was saying, my guess is they can not show the game till the full squads are released in early may. I bet they have created a lot of aus
and eng players but need to wait for the final 17. :spy

No relation between selection of squad and releasing trailers. Trailer will focus on gameplay and the new features in the game. The squad will need to be tweaked before the game is officially released.

No relation between selection of squad and releasing trailers. Trailer will focus on gameplay and the new features in the game. The squad will need to be tweaked before the game is officially released.

Only a idea, only chief and trickstar,505 games know for sure.

Also if i remember ashes 2009 was dated a little the first day of release.
How about it chief, what is your view on this.:spy

No relation between selection of squad and releasing trailers. Trailer will focus on gameplay and the new features in the game.

Actually, as I warbled on for 20 mins in the last podcast I did, there is absolutely a direct relation between those things. :D

An Ashes Cricket trailer without Ashes players or stadia? Well that's not going to be great is it?

Users who are viewing this thread