Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

@Chief
You mentioned that pitch will behave differently like low bounce ,steep bounce etc, how we gonna handle that? As I assume the shot playing animation being static then how can we adjust at the last moment to keep the bat down as we see the bowl has kept low?

Hi Chief, Also wanted to ask if Ashes Cricket 2013 has made any improvements on the following:

In IC2010 i and others may have noticed that when a batsman hits the ball/plays a shot, and it rolls or bounces towards the boundary for a four, a lot of the times the ball stops just less then an inch before the boundary. It makes sense if that happens on a slow pitch but still sometimes it feels unrealistic.

In IC2010 Fielders don't dive when the ball is about to go past them for a four, when realisticly the ball could be stopped from reaching the ropes if they had put a dive in. But instead they just slow down and the ball reaches for a four.

I laughed so many time when my fielders just watched the ball go into the ropes. I don't think the captain would have been amused in real life.

Hope this and the yorkers bouncing up towards the head are fixed.... :yes

I now realise why chief didnt answer my question regards editing kit or faces, seeing features revealed there will b no editing except for stats which were always there for unlicensed teams in previous titles. The game sounds gud but im afraid like ashes 09 and ic10 i feel this will get old very soon atleast editing allows u to keep up to date. custom kits u cud create ipl english county too! Dont mind chief but i feel atleast a kit editor as in kit colours etc wud have been very handy wiv teams changing kits a lot these days!

Stay on topic please. Too much spam in this thread.

If the spam is here it's not in my sandwiches! And that's a good thing. :p
Still I'm sure I will once again be singled out and deleted. Mods can talk about things like hair products till the cows come home. But don't anyone else do it!

If the spam is here it's not in my sandwiches! And that's a good thing. :p
Still I'm sure I will once again be singled out and deleted. Mods can talk about things like hair products till the cows come home. But don't anyone else do it!

It's an "Ask Chief" thread. And people know how important hair product is to Chief. As far as I'm concerned that ain't Spiced Ham.

"Hair'll to the Chief."

It's an "Ask Chief" thread. As far as I'm concerned that ain't Spiced Ham.

"Hair'll to the Chief."

What's that word I'm thinking of? Begins with d and ends in ictatorship!
There should be a new reason for deleting posts. "Option isn't agreed with by those in charge".
I don't even know why I'm replying, it's a pointless argument that the "little guy" will never win.

Last edited:
Changing the subject back to the game, chief will the wind make the hair
move in ashes like the real thing.:p

----------

What's that word I'm thinking of? Begins with d and ends in ictatorship!
There should be a new reason for deleting posts. "Option isn't agreed with by those in charge".
I don't even know why I'm replying, it's a pointless argument that the "little guy" will never win.

So mr Gone4aDuck, you're a small man, i guess you can create
a larger version of yourself.:p

----------

I like turtles.

I like Big cats and Sharks.:clap and cricket.:clap:clap

Chief just wondering if we will seeing the ball getting old.
Shiny red at the start and dull red near say 60 overs plus.:D

Users who are viewing this thread