Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I'm more concerned to know how the opposition would decide on their powerplay period. AC09 let us choose for the opposition which was dumb.

I'm more concerned to know how the opposition would decide on their powerplay period. AC09 let us choose for the opposition which was dumb.

Thought they only let us choosing the bowling powerplay when we r bowling and batting powerplay when we were batting. I remember clearly the AI choosing the other powerplay itself.

No i remember being asked twice for powerplay.

That's strange. Possible glitch? Was never given the option to choose my opponents power play for them. Can remember them ALWAYS taking it as soon as it was available though. Which was just as dumb!
The same can be said for the new ball. Ai would take it as soon as it hit 80 overs regardless!

Last edited:
This section has become quite silent even after the recent press release. Hoping to get more information by the end of this month.

Hi Chief,

In AC09, the over after which a bowler can use reverse-swing was rather static. In real world, a better skilled bowler can reverse the ball much earlier compared to a good but not as skilled bowler. (Note: Both can reverse the ball just not equally soon.)

So, in AC13, will using a lot of cutters from seam-bowlers make reverse-swing happen faster? ala Zaheer Khan in '08 series of IndvsAus.

Chief have you had any complaints from Jonny Bairstow about his hair being too ginger? :lol

Hi Chief
Just a couple of questions ...

Will the game feature things like matches delayed or cancelled due to rain or player injuries?
For example when playing in overcast conditions there's usually chances of the rain affecting the game i.e. the match loses some of its overs due to rain or one day out of the five day test match gets washed out due to rain?

or a player gets injured during a match from things like fielding injuries, body blows from the cricket ball when bowled by the bowler (bouncers/short ball) etc.

and because of the injury a player needs to retire hurt or wont be available for a certain time and we have to replace him with another player from the squad?

apologies if my question sounds confusing or complex but i think it would really make the gameplay more interesting if these factors effect the game or squad.

Last edited:
Hi Chief
Just a couple of questions ...

Will the game feature things like matches delayed or cancelled due to rain or player injuries?
For example when playing in overcast conditions there's usually chances of the rain affecting the game i.e. the match loses some of its overs due to rain or one day out of the five day test match gets washed out due to rain?

or a player gets injured during a match from things like fielding injuries, body blows from the cricket ball when bowled by the bowler (bouncers/short ball) etc.

and because of the injury a player needs to retire hurt or wont be available for a certain time and we have to replace him with another player from the squad?

apologies if my question sounds confusing or complex but i think it would really make the gameplay more interesting if these factors effect the game or squad.

Great idea mate, i think i remember chief saying there is rain this
time but not sure how it works in the game, meaning is it random and
can you turn on and off.
Also chief what do you think about a eye in say a small bar that comes
up say every 3 balls or so, like confidence worked in ic2010 just well better.
After lunch and tea breaks the eye in goes down but not as much as batting the next day.:thumbs

Also chief what do you think about a eye in say a small bar that comes
up say every 3 balls or so, like confidence worked in ic2010 just well better.
After lunch and tea breaks the eye in goes down but not as much as batting the next day.:thumbs

Yeah... that's just confidence buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread