Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

But then, all we ask for is to allow us create our heros and enjoy them with authentic jerseys.

We facilitate editing of course so that you can make your own players, create yourself in the game etc. We just can't do anything that might encourage people to infringe on someone else's intellectual property without the proper permissions from a license holder, as I'm sure you can understand.

Looking forward to this one really. Just a couple of questions

1.How many teams can be created in this ?
2.Will we be able to customize jerseys(colors,logos,etc) for created teams ?

Cheers

Looking forward to this one really. Just a couple of questions

1.How many teams can be created in this ?
2.Will we be able to customize jerseys(colors,logos,etc) for created teams ?

Cheers

You can edit any of the unlicensed teams, but I'm afraid that the editor doesn't allow you to customize jerseys.

I appreciate that,you guys are taking a ballsy decision to even make a video game on cricket which doesn't really have a wide market like football. Hope you make adequate margin on this so that we could expect better features that can be built around a game which has a solid gameplay in the future installments...

A touch disappointed that we cant create our own teams....Anyway the gameplay is what that makes a cricket game.

Last edited:
Come Chief its april ..U must give some screenshots or a trailer pls....U have explained in detail the reason behind the screenshots not released (licensing issue).
But u can give some pics from the other unofficial teams u have created or a video of the bowling or batting mechanism...:yes

Come Chief its april ..U must give some screenshots or a trailer pls....U have explained in detail the reason behind the screenshots not released (licensing issue).
But u can give some pics from the other unofficial teams u have created or a video of the bowling or batting mechanism...:yes

As I've said, do you really think the marketing people will allow the first screens/trailers for "Ashes Cricket 2013" to be unlicensed?

As I've said, do you really think the marketing people will allow the first screens/trailers for "Ashes Cricket 2013" to be unlicensed?

Yes I thought the same, maybe if u can tell us April
Is not the month chief. P.s im not asking for screens,
I don't want more hate mail.:yes

Also about DLC, you're right you did not say a no.
If I remember right you said, you believe that company's
Don't release the full game to get more money.
At the least maybe a roster update for aus ashes and
Patches if required would be fine by me.

After ashes 2013 is finished and hopefully successful:thumbs
As a cricket game plus sales. Then research starts for the
Sequel.

Yes I thought the same, maybe if u can tell us April
Is not the month chief. P.s im not asking for screens,
I don't want more hate mail.:yes

Also about DLC, you're right you did not say a no.
If I remember right you said, you believe that company's
Don't release the full game to get more money.
At the least maybe a roster update for aus ashes and
Patches if required would be fine by me.

After ashes 2013 is finished and hopefully successful:thumbs
As a cricket game plus sales. Then research starts for the
Sequel.

I won't rule out anything in April. It might not be that far away.

And yes, my point was that I dislike it when *paid* DLC is released very close to launch that feels like it should have been in the full game to begin with...

I won't rule out anything in April. It might not be that far away.

And yes, my point was that I dislike it when *paid* DLC is released very close to launch that feels like it should have been in the full game to begin with...

Cool that's good enough for me, I bet everyone is talking
About when to show the game.

DLC, yeah I see your point.
You don't want to put to much DLC out if any.
Being ashes game the roster is most important till
Jan anyway. After we will see what people are asking
For realisticly, small things ok, career mode big no.

Ahhh good old marketing, the area of the company that uses a large portion of the budget and doesn't always produce the physical results to justify this... I know because I work in that area haha.

Seriously though Chief, I understand them wanting to release Aus/Eng screenshots first, but could we perhaps see some work/build images? Like the game mechanics or motion capture images in the mean time?

Final question, how does licencing work in regards to a tournament such as IPL. Do they own the licenses for the players or is it the individual Cricket boards/ICC? Just looking at ways to get licensed players in future releases without the hassle of going through individual cricket boards and so on.

Thanks Chief, all the best for the final stretch of this race :)

Users who are viewing this thread