Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Going off topic for a second barmyarmy, what do you think of ic2010 after all this time, still best since shane 99 for me but that's not saying much.:)

I've not played it in a while but I'd stand by my review and say it's the best one I've played. I can't remember what it was like playing BLC99.

Is the price of the game declared?? (not yet in India)

Just confirmed on the ashes 2013 forum, Rain delays in all forms of cricket.

Chief actually told us here along time ago that weather was going to feature. Glad to see 100% though that rain delays are in. As long as its not just a set amount of time it will be great. Would hate it to be say 10 overs every time there's rain. Also I hope it's dynamic weather like the f1 games have.

Chief did confirm about the dynamic weather too.

Sweet. This makes up for no drs then!
However in f1 it rains about 75% of race weekends. Hope a great realistic feature like dynamic weather doesn't make it unrealistic in the end.
And yes I realise that codemasters make the f1 games, and after ic2010 I HATE codemasters. But I love f1 games, so I have no choice but to buy from them.

Last edited:
Lol. :p
This is from the 'More Features' thread :
Players will have to adapt to varying and altering pitches; whether it?s a green seaming wicket or deteriorating fifth day pitch susceptible to spin and bounce. Weather forecasts will also change, altering the course of the match; overcast conditions will be more conducive to swing, while sunny days are a batsman?s paradise.

Chief actually told us here along time ago that weather was going to feature. Glad to see 100% though that rain delays are in. As long as its not just a set amount of time it will be great. Would hate it to be say 10 overs every time there's rain. Also I hope it's dynamic weather like the f1 games have.

Yeah i new there would be rain but for some reason i got it into my head only for test matches as that would be the easiest to program but i'm very glad it's going in fully. The DRS was a small let down but this has made up for it, let's hope no faults come from this and if there is then let's have faith in trickstar and 505 games to fix the problems, now that was hard to say for a cricket game.:clap

Not sure who said that there was no marketing for AC13 yet but I just opened the Cricketer and there's a full page ad in there.

The problem this time is all 3 commentators where in different places, so they did not see each other from what i read. Still a great idea, also would love a second disc with the making of the game, for fans like us i mean.

Second disc??? Oh, X-Box... But yes, would be good to have these bonus features.

I'd personally want the edition with the hand crafted figurines of the commentators and commemorative coin.

Oh yes! A special edition of the game would be awesome. Unfortunately cricket games aren't as big as COD, BF or Assassin's Creed... but we can hope *fingers crossed*

look the bottom line is, its just 2 months away from the release and we hardly know ANYTHING about the game .. no screen shoots, no real features, nothing solid about anything!!!
i might be negative but don't you guys think they are not giving anything because there is not much new to give... and they will probably sell the old game IC2010 or Ashes 09 with some bug fix!!! i mean all the other games had the same issues but they came up with screen shoots and game details way before the release ..
think think think :rolleyes

^^^^
That's giving up on them even before you've seen a single screenshot. Chief has said it over & over again that he can't show us the screens and stuff, there's a reason to it. Let's stop being a pessimist and have patience. It's just 2 months away, we're anyway getting our hands on it pretty soon. Let's wait till then to praise or criticize the game!

but they came up with screen shoots and game details way before the release
No, not really - IC2010's first screenshots were exactly three months from the release date, AC09 was a little under four months, Cricket 07 was a bit over two months. We're in the zone of the normal release times for a first look at the game, possibly slightly late by comparison, but not conspiracy theory late.

The only example I can find of a really long gap is BLIC 2007 - where it was revealed about 8 months in advance, but the first screenshots seem to look nothing like the finished product, with them way over rendered and touched up - which they'd be blasted for doing with AC13.

Users who are viewing this thread