Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

problem is cricket season is not on in the uk yet(may i think) and does not start till Nov in aus, maybe a small amount of marketing would help.:)

Cricket season started today.

There you go, maybe chief needs to start the adds nice and early.;)

I think its a little too early to be advertising the game. I'd expect to see adds late may early june.

I think its a little too early to be advertising the game. I'd expect to see adds late may early june.

Don't worry guys: detail is all coming. We'll be doing developer videos showing off the new features etc, but expect all the marketing push and mega detail on the game (including screens/trailers etc) to come much closer to actual release.

The trouble with the improvements in gameplay is that telling you about them now is totally empty: you'd just come back and say "prove it" and "I will wait until I see it before I believe it"... And quite rightly.

I've just confirmed on the official forum that DRS won't be included in AC13 (some of these details are now starting to be released).

Love this! Follows everything i've ever said about DRS in cricket games. :cheers

Hey Chief,

Any chance of releasing behind the scenes in-studio commentary footage?

Hey Chief,

Any chance of releasing behind the scenes in-studio commentary footage?

I don't think such a thing exists - As far as I know all the commentary sessions were ALL BUSINESS. I'll certainly bear it in mind for any future sessions: personally I love to see that sort of thing.

Don't worry guys: detail is all coming. We'll be doing developer videos showing off the new features etc, but expect all the marketing push and mega detail on the game (including screens/trailers etc) to come much closer to actual release.

The trouble with the improvements in gameplay is that telling you about them now is totally empty: you'd just come back and say "prove it" and "I will wait until I see it before I believe it"... And quite rightly.

We are already saying prove it chief, I do understand that trickster are being more careful about promises this time against ic2010, still enjoying that game from time to time.
On the bright side the biggest problem with that game was the engine.p.s what do you call your engine, if no name maybe something like the chief.:clap

We are already saying prove it chief, I do understand that trickster are being more careful about promises this time against ic2010, still enjoying that game from time to time.
On the bright side the biggest problem with that game was the engine.p.s what do you call your engine, if no name maybe something like the chief.:clap

I like "MarketingFluff 2.0 (TM) (R) (C)"?

That's just a personal opinion. I think if you have time to waste trademarking engine names for each and every game, you're probably doing it wrong. ;)

I couldn't name a single person I know personally who would be buying a cricket game, where's I could name over 10 for fifa, pes, gra, cod franchise.

Now this is a challenge for them. To show these guys how good a cricket game can be. Eventually, some of them might even buy it.

The cricket gaming industry should only grow from here. :cheers

----------

not sure if this was posted. But this is an interview on recording commentary for ashes 2013

Behind the scenes of cricket video games | England Cricket Team Blog ? The Full Toss

Nah, it wasn't. Thanks btw.:)

Users who are viewing this thread