Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

the game would be supported well after its release.

I don't view fixing a broken product as support. I view it as essential.
I paid ?39.99 for ic2010 and the online didn't work. What made this worse than anything is there was no official apology, no patch, no communication. No fix of any kind. If chief tells me that was all down to codemasters then I will apologise to him, but it was trickster who made the game. Therefore they made the "broken" product.
I have to ask chief if he was to buy a car and it had the engine removed when it was delivered, would he be happy? Or expect the engine to be returned and fitted. Again, if I'm wrong on the details I apologise in advance.

Being fair, it's not hard to make a "god" of sports games when your making football. Cricket must be a complete nightmare to make from a developers point of view. When you compare the budget and technology that ea get every year to work with on fifa against what trickstar get, then even if ashes 2013 is just half decent, I would say trickster have done a better job than ea did.

I think they already did a better job than ea when they made IC2010. But that online bug was a killer. It was still fun though....its just that it didnt last long enough

Being fair, it's not hard to make a "god" of sports games when your making football. Cricket must be a complete nightmare to make from a developers point of view. When you compare the budget and technology that ea get every year to work with on fifa against what trickstar get, then even if ashes 2013 is just half decent, I would say trickster have done a better job than ea did.

Yeah i agree Mr Duck, cricket is the hardest sport to code in my option plus very hard to tell someone about, when i told some of the rules to my wife she said god why so many then shut up came. :p

If Trickstar can get the gameplay being a very super version of ic2010 what is still my second favorite cricket game after shane 99 but shane is so so far ahead it's not funny.p.s this is offline people not online.

Chief i just found out no player height option in create mode for ashes 2013 why.:(

I paid ?39.99 for ic2010 and the online didn't work. What made this worse than anything is there was no official apology, no patch, no communication. No fix of any kind. If chief tells me that was all down to codemasters then I will apologise to him, but it was trickster who made the game. Therefore they made the "broken" product.
I have to ask chief if he was to buy a car and it had the engine removed when it was delivered, would he be happy? Or expect the engine to be returned and fitted. Again, if I'm wrong on the details I apologise in advance.

Yeah but you must let this go for now, remember codemasters throw them away and they had no producer till 505 games came a long, let's hope they both have a great future together.:D

----------

That's not confirmed yet - Will know in a few weeks.

I just want to see the game chief, don't care to much for a demo when the game is out in 10 weeks time.p.s I can wait i hope.:D

I can't comment, as I wasn't there and don't know.
But to your hypothetical no: I wouldn't be happy. I'd contact the seller and ask that it be fixed. If that was not possible, I would return the car for a refund.
* Actually, in THIS hypothetical (seeing as they've delivered it with no engine) I'd ask them to come and collect it. :)

----------

Chief i just found out no player height option in create mode for ashes 2013 why.:(

I'm going to research this properly before answering - It gets technical beyond my understanding. Bear with me.

* Actually, in THIS hypothetical (seeing as they've delivered it with no engine) I'd ask them to come and collect it. :)

Wonder how you took it home in the first place :p

I can't comment, as I wasn't there and don't know.
But to your hypothetical no: I wouldn't be happy. I'd contact the seller and ask that it be fixed. If that was not possible, I would return the car for a refund.

----------

I'm going to research this properly before answering - It gets technical beyond my understanding. Bear with me.

Come on chief you must play the game from time to time or are you spending way to much time on pc like me.:p

----------

Wonder how you took it home in the first place :p

He is the chief so he pushed it 20km with no water break.:p

I changed my mind, and I just cancelled my ashes cricket 13 pre-order on amazon UK (2 copies). I have doubts about the game, so I really don't want to play a bad game like ashes 09 or cricket 2010. I want something like brian lara 98/99 with better graphics, simple! I will buy ashes 13 only if it's good/better after release... definitely not pre-ordering. so I hope this game will be a good one.

I'm going to buy the big ant game on launch day/pre-order. it doesn't matter if it's good or bad. I'm going to support them since that's their first cricket game. if they made errors, I'm sure they will patch it (not like ashes/cricket 10). I'm also sure we won't get disconnected from servers after we hit a boundary online :facepalm

I guess the time will tell...

Last edited:
I changed my mind, and I just cancelled my ashes cricket 13 pre-order on amazon UK (2 copies). I have doubts about the game, so I really don't want to play a bad game like ashes 09 or cricket 2010. I want something like brian lara 98/99 with better graphics, simple! I will buy ashes 13 only if it's good/better after release... definitely not pre-ordering. so I hope this game will be a good one.

I'm going to buy the big ant game on launch day/pre-order. it doesn't matter if it's good or bad. I'm going to support them since that's their first cricket game. if they made errors, I'm sure they will patch it (not like ashes/cricket 10). I'm also sure we won't get disconnected from servers after we hit a boundary online :facepalm

Well give it some time......we might get some more info + vids either this month or next. You can then decide if you wanna pre-order it again :)!

So you came on here just to tell us all you are going to cancel your preorder, that's up to you but it gets under my skin when people say things like this. I'm not going to preorder either of these games as demand will not be that high so i will go into the shops and just buy other games. If chief says there will be extra goodies with a preorder then ok but i doubt it but you never know. I just would not jump the gun, both these games need are support, if we don't buy them who will.;)

There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews. If people are only intending to buy one of AC13 and BA cricket then waiting is sensible.

Absolutely - I never pre-order/buy games on date of release unless played a demo beforehand.
No demo means waiting for trusted reviews of a game before making a decision to buy

I would wait for reviews here in PC espically from someone like barmyarmy or MattW or any other reliable source,i would buy only then!

Oh yes, this made me very angry. I bought the game specifically to verse my friend inter-state but we could never finish a match because of the broken online play. I gained satisfaction in collecting all the PSN trophies but stopped playing the game soon after. Yes there were some improvements from Ashes 09 such as, accurate head sizes, full length tournaments, longer bowling run-ups and so on but the game failed to entertain me when I wasn't challenging a friend. It was frustrating because the game had soooo much potential but failed to deliver on many levels (batsmen standing still with the bat in the air after playing a shot WHY??? Still there from BL05 :facepalm).

In saying that, I'm still going to give AC13 a try, I think that starting over is sometimes better than trying to modify an engine that never really worked in the first place. I am a bit sad to hear though, Rest in Peace DRS :(

Users who are viewing this thread