Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

well didn't other games like Ashes 09 had the same problems. i remember having screens 6 months before release !!!!

It's laughable how impatient some people are. It's not going to change the release date getting media now, you will see the game and know plenty about it before you have to spend money on it. Whether that is 3 months or 3 days before release date, does it matter?

Facebook page makes me a bit ill with every post being 'show me sum screenshots already'

It's laughable how impatient some people are. It's not going to change the release date getting media now, you will see the game and know plenty about it before you have to spend money on it. Whether that is 3 months or 3 days before release date, does it matter?

Facebook page makes me a bit ill with every post being 'show me sum screenshots already'

Yeah I must agree with the facebook problem, I feel real sorry for chief and others who have gone on facebook and read thinks like, stop talking crap and just show us the game.
On pc we can be pushy, me also but we have rules here for a reason.

To end this, I know it's hard to wait as we all want screenshots but it will not be much longer now, im guessing 3 or 4 weeks then we will all see what trickstar have been working on for so long.:thumbs

Opting for no DRS seems to be a set back.I was really expecting DRS with very high hopes.Neverthless,i will wait for the game to release and will buy it.

^Let's move on from here. The fuss created about DRS not being there, yes a set back, but we still have a whole game on our hands to come. :)

well i really don't see the point of having DRS in a computer game !! why do you have DRS in cricket ?... DRS is just to counter human errors !! how can you have Human errors in a computer game !!! am sure AI is capable of calculating height of the ball, line, etc... how about asking more important questions such as .. AI game play, players body characteristics and stuff

well i really don't see the point of having DRS in a computer game !! why do you have DRS in cricket ?... DRS is just to counter human errors !! how can you have Human errors in a computer game !!! am sure AI is capable of calculating height of the ball, line, etc... how about asking more important questions such as .. AI game play, players body characteristics and stuff

Then ask yourself, why have umpires in a game at all? We don't need to see them raise their finger, or signal a bye. It all adds to the experience. We want to think we are there. That's why I would like to see as many real life features as possible.

Then ask yourself, why have umpires in a game at all? We don't need to see them raise their finger, or signal a bye. It all adds to the experience. We want to think we are there. That's why I would like to see as many real life features as possible.

umpires are there to present the AI's decision. not to challenge it!!! DRS would actually Challenge a decision made by the AI.. think about it !! to win the DRS, AI must willingly make the wrong decision!! in the real game MOST umpires dont make mistakes because they want to !!! its just unpractical !! cant you see

umpires are there to present the AI's decision. not to challenge it!!! DRS would actually Challenge a decision made by the AI.. think about it !! to win the DRS, AI must willingly make the wrong decision!! in the real game MOST umpires dont make mistakes because they want to !!! its just unpractical !! cant you see

Yes I can see, thanks for asking. :thumbs
Have you never been given out when you weren't or survived when you shouldn't have on either of the last two games? I know I had my fair share of shockers from the umpires. It would take away a small part of joy for me if the umpires were correct 100% of the time. And you don't need an umpire to present the ai's decision at all. It could just display "OUT" on the screen.
I think we will probably have to agree to disagree here. You seem happy with always correct umpires and I don't. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion though. :cheers

Yes I can see, thanks for asking. :thumbs
Have you never been given out when you weren't or survived when you shouldn't have on either of the last two games? I know I had my fair share of shockers from the umpires. It would take away a small part of joy for me if the umpires were correct 100% of the time. And you don't need an umpire to present the ai's decision at all. It could just display "OUT" on the screen.
I think we will probably have to agree to disagree here. You seem happy with always correct umpires and I don't. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion though. :cheers

yap we could go on and on for hours !!! i know mate i have played first class cricket for 12 years now and have first hand experience on how nice umpires can be !! then again i was NO 9 or 10 so really didn't matter to me !! lol !!! yap well lets agree to disagree with respect !! :cheers

Just to mention how great it is for the drs to be included in Cricket Heroes. I find it adds to the game, another variation, another decision that needs to be weighed over and thought about. Do I go for a referral or not? I think it really adds something. Not trying to plug CH, just putting the point that it adds something to the game; after all it is a game....

Just to mention how great it is for the drs to be included in Cricket Heroes. I find it adds to the game, another variation, another decision that needs to be weighed over and thought about. Do I go for a referral or not? I think it really adds something. Not trying to plug CH, just putting the point that it adds something to the game; after all it is a game....

Your 2nd eye watering post :D

Users who are viewing this thread