Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

...also, you'll need a relevant region disk for your PS3 otherwise any DLC won't be accessible. Had that problem with the last ACIII game that I brought via the UbiWorkshop store (Region 1) but my PS3 is Region 2. Bit average.

...also, you'll need a relevant region disk for your PS3 otherwise any DLC won't be accessible. Had that problem with the last ACIII game that I brought via the UbiWorkshop store (Region 1) but my PS3 is Region 2. Bit average.

PC doesn't matter though...?

...Ahhhh, yes. Good point. Amazon for the win then.

That's a scary thought for folks in North America as we won't be able to access updates for AC 13 and big Ant.

Anyone has info on how to change the psn from one region to another, say from North American PSN to European/UK one?

Or conversely, can the publishers/developers make the patches available on all regions to circumvent the problem?

It all depends on how they use the PS store, if you need an "Access Key" that's supplied with your disk to access DLC, then yeah, they're all usually region-specific.

In the Ubisoft forums there's a "Key-Swap" thread whereby you can get in touch with other uses in other "regions" to swap access codes. I imagine, if that's what happens, we could simply swap codes here on PC with users who need them.

It all depends on how they use the PS store, if you need an "Access Key" that's supplied with your disk to access DLC, then yeah, they're all usually region-specific.

In the Ubisoft forums there's a "Key-Swap" thread whereby you can get in touch with other uses in other "regions" to swap access codes. I imagine, if that's what happens, we could simply swap codes here on PC with users who need them.

Thanks for the info and will bug you when I need to cross that bridge :) I am sure we will have plenty of folks from North America in the same boat and we can create a thread regarding the same and find a solution when we get there :thumbs

One thing which worries me about changing PSN account (or changing the PSN region) is that all my data and trophies for other games including online access for games like Madden are for my existing psn and changing that would mean losing data and current online passes. But I'm sure we will find a way.

Chief,Can you please give us a podcast or something to get us going till the release of visuals.

I hope to see some promotional material released tomorrow.

- Its Monday
- The IPL's over

Am gonna take a laid back attitude as far as 'pestering them for gameplay vid' is concerned. Just wanted to see the game before pre-ordering.

^Pardon me, what does bank holiday have to do with release of promotion material of a cricket game unless you are assuming they are keeping it secured in a bank locker.:spy

Last edited:
You'll get more publicity on a bank holiday though.:p

I was thinking the same thing, i hope they release what they shown on friday to well everyone tomorrow. Who Knows, bring on 21st of june i say.

I hope to see some promotional material released tomorrow.

- Its Monday
- The IPL's over

Am gonna take a laid back attitude as far as 'pestering them for gameplay vid' is concerned. Just wanted to see the game before pre-ordering.

Why would they care that the IPL is over? Surely it'd be better to release the info when the Eng/NZ is on? Get more people interested.

Why would they care that the IPL is over? Surely it'd be better to release the info when the Eng/NZ is on? Get more people interested.

I second this, the crowds have been very good for this test series, to bad it will be over very soon.:(

I second this, the crowds have been very good for this test series, to bad it will be over very soon.:(

Yep, not so much at Headingley (which happens to be my nearest ground) however it's been ?40 cheapest ticket so not great. I don't think New Zealand can handle England when they're playing well like they are now so I think 2 tests is probably enough.

Users who are viewing this thread