Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Unity is good for creating horror games. I am sure that is what Trickstar set out to do with this one and they did a fine job of it. :thumbs

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
No it's a screenshot from this game but it does show what can be done with this engine and what a total mess Trickstar made of pretty much everything.

Damnit, he thought it was mine!

Looks fairly sweet though.

Also as another note, ANYONE who is thinking of spending another 20 bucks on this game, go over to Cricket Coach 2014 | Cricket Coach 2014 and buy Cricket Coach 14. It's a top notch game, about a similar price, and made by ONE guy (with some help for data) who both knows and loves cricket. If you give him 20 bucks he'll keep making future games.

If you're thinking "but I'll just get Bradman soon" I'd say that Cricket Coach compliments it, as it is based around managing a cricket team which is the one feature Bradman lacks. It's also a completely different style.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Will be getting the game in 23hours :facepalm My net connection is worse than the game :noway 50kbps :eek:

----------

Damnit, he thought it was mine!

Looks fairly sweet though.

Also as another note, ANYONE who is thinking of spending another 20 bucks on this game, go over to Cricket Coach 2014 | Cricket Coach 2014 and buy Cricket Coach 14. It's a top notch game, about a similar price, and made by ONE guy (with some help for data) who both knows and loves cricket. If you give him 20 bucks he'll keep making future games.

If you're thinking "but I'll just get Bradman soon" I'd say that Cricket Coach compliments it, as it is based around managing a cricket team which is the one feature Bradman lacks. It's also a completely different style.

Haha , Which teams do you manage ? Editing the database is fun

St0ney

Club Captain
Im still certain this game is a practical joke by the developers.
They had to of said "lets see if we can make the worst cricket game ever"
And they did.:yes

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In Affectionate Remembrance of
Cricket Video Games
Which died on Steam
on
22 November 2013
Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing
friends and acquaintances.
R.I.P
N.B. - The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to the BigAnt HQ

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game

Omg is this what i have been waiting 18 months for?,What an absolute joke!.
Imagine what the game looked like in june when they were supposed to release it.:yes
no wonder mike fegan dissapeared of the face of the planet,he and his partners must be so embarrassed.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Blowing your mind part 3: Imagine how bad it had to have been in early September...

D

Dutch

Omg is this what i have been waiting 18 months for?,What an absolute joke!.
Imagine what the game looked like in june when they were supposed to release it.:yes
no wonder mike fegan dissapeared of the face of the planet,he and his partners must be so embarrassed.

It is an utter shame Jara that we wont be facing up to each other on this one.
Hopefully DB will bring some good news soon. Once again we are faced with the abysmal truth that Cricket gets shit on time and time again.......every single time we end up posting stuff like this.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In Affectionate Remembrance of
Cricket Video Games
Which died on Steam
on
22 November 2013
Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing
friends and acquaintances.
R.I.P
N.B. - The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to the BigAnt HQ

Don't you dare bring all your crap over to our place - who would want to win that urn!

----------

It is an utter shame Jara that we wont be facing up to each other on this one.
Hopefully DB will bring some good news soon. Once again we are faced with the abysmal truth that Cricket gets shit on time and time again.......every single time we end up posting stuff like this.

It is why the playsession was important - without it I doubt many would have any faith in our game right now.

----------

Blowing your mind part 3: Imagine how bad it had to have been in early September...

I did let people know what I saw... and then there was this:

sigpic119558_3.gif

Xbox

School Cricketer
Don't you dare bring all your crap over to our place - who would want to win that urn!

----------

It is why the playsession was important - without it I doubt many would have any faith in our game right now.

----------

I did let people know what I saw... and then there was this:

sigpic119558_3.gif
Ashes 2013 beat your game in commentry .........just miss White wash :lol:cheers

Gentoras

International Cricketer
After learning of DBC14, I cancelled the trAshes pre-order and never looked back,,,owning Ashes09 and IC10, I pretty much expected a much similar game, I never in my slightest dreams thought it would turn out the way it has,,,What Went Wrong? www.ashes13.mf/trcstr

I must say I'm taken by DBC and wanted everything to go right for them, wished no competition between the two, but THIS!!! Utter crap,,,Total disgrace, shame, nonsense, Dance Dance crAshes 13

Eugene

County Cricketer
SA.....
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross I would assume you would be very happy with this splendid effort from your competitors.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ashes 2013 beat your game in commentry .........just miss White wash :lol:cheers

Their commentary is better than ours but it's a close call as it has not been implemented well, lots of repeats and other issues.

----------

Ross I would assume you would be very happy with this splendid effort from your competitors.

I'm not sure happy is the word as it is far worse a game than expected and so is a problem as it underlines the perception in the market that Cricket games are a cash grab - we will now have to fight that.

D

Dutch

I can only imagine how Mikey M and the other developers are viewing all of this. Let there be no mistake about this: what Ashes 2013 has done has poisoned the water for other developers of cricket games.

For all those just thinking ah well the game wont sell, BA wins, you are very naive I am afraid. This has knock on effects.

Users who are viewing this thread