Ashes Cricket General Discussion

the press release states very clearly all the academy "features" are there.

in respect of individual data, it's possible that with the prior publisher not being involved and this being a different franchise the actual existing data may not be transferrable. (and also, the motion capture may mean e.g. different player models that might not make it practicable anyway.)

Fair point but it was mentioned in twistie video that this could happen becaucse acamedy is big ant server not really dbc so hopefully that can happen but if it the same acamedy with the same feature it doesn't matter becaucse we will still be able to edit it.

Excellent treat for this year's holiday season. That Maxwell's video to capture shot animations was awesome. Liked those shots of Lara, Bevan and Jayasuriya. Can't wait to see if they do Warne' s leg break action + Lee's bowling actions too. Even would love Goughy bowling action as well. Most likely, I guess, focus might stay on current gen players only to be authentic.

Excellent step forward in having ability to possess a dedicated studio for capturing animations. Will continue my support in purchasing in both Xbox one and PC like I did for DBC17!! And Thank You BA for continuing to focus on cricket games.

Some questions which I hope we would have answers down the lane,

1) is the atmosphere of stadium crowd authentic too? Will we hear some chants ;)
2) that video screens on stadiums- which were showing scorecards in DBC17, hopefully it represents real motion frames of in ground cameras.
3) Highlights reel this time? :p
4) since we have motion capture system, can we expect some injury animations?
5) one of the lines I read in that article, start as club cricketer and lead your side to ashes victory. Would be very curious to see the differences between career of non Aus/Eng players and Aus/Eng players. May be I am reading into that line too much, just curious.
6) extended multi nation tours - would love to know more about that feature too.

Ashes Cricket: Everything we know so far | Trusted Reviews

James Anderson's and Alastair Cook's Screenshot in the article above.

also there are more details here:
That New Ashes Cricket Game Got A Release Date And An Epic Trailer

-Star Test players have been fully motion-captured and you can choose your own batting or bowling style to make your game your own.
-All the officially licensed stadiums featured in the 2017/18 Ashes tour.
-Online play – play with or against players in the most competitive online cricket game yet!

The most trending player in the upcoming Ashes . :D

England_Men_Test_4.png

It all sounds too familiar though. DBC had the same "all new ground breaking this" "never seen before this" and was released in beta state. Sorry for being skeptic but DBC17 burnt so hard

It all sounds too familiar though. DBC had the same "all new ground breaking this" "never seen before this" and was released in beta state. Sorry for being skeptic but DBC17 burnt so hard

Genuine question - what else would you expect a PR piece to say? It's naturally going to promote the game and hype things up.

@MattW and @BigAntStudios kindly ensure us (ppl who trusted the features listed and bought DBC17 and disappointed) what are the things that are corrected (mentioned as bugs by community here) from DBC17 and upgraded from DBC17 as well as New compared to DBC17.

Wow! Congratulations to BigAnt and the whole PC community. It's wonderful to see the rights being given to a company that actually understands and loves the game.

I really hope the issues with DBC 17 are fixed with this version. The biggest problem for me with DBC 17 was it's inability to save earned stats. You really can't ignore this aspect of the game as there is no other sport I can think of that relies so heavily on statistics.

Can't wait for November.

I think we need a Press release thread to share all articles in one place...
Rightly said... we need to have a thread or first page of this thread dedicated to press announcements ,screenshots , game play trailers etc.
Discussions can be done as separate thread.
It will be very tuff to search across pages as it gets increased everyday, else needs to be monitored everyday :noway

Users who are viewing this thread