Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Big Ant studios have no rights to the Don Bradman license nor prior data.

As a general shout out to those PMing me here and on FB to get details that are not public, due to NDA's and a schedule of press releases I can't answer you.

Does the data also means animations too? would that means brand new animation for this game?

I appreciate some parts of the world / faiths operate slightly different calendars but people must be vaguely aware of the concept of "september, october, november"...?
Even if French is your thing:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.45.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.45.09 PM.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.44.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.44.37 PM.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.44.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 3.44.54 PM.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 22
Not really adding much to this thread but I would just like to echo many of the comments here to say congratulations to @BigAntStudios for getting this franchise and my eternal gratitude to you for continuing to support the PC platform...even though it must be a marginal business gain, at best. I'm really looking forward to this release and will pre-order the moment it hits Steam. A new dawn for cricket games. Love the Glenn Maxwell mo-cap video and the reveal trailers. Looking forward to the ongoing promotion...and, of course, the game itself.

Not really adding much to this thread but I would just like to echo many of the comments here to say congratulations to @BigAntStudios for getting this franchise and my eternal gratitude to you for continuing to support the PC platform...even though it must be a marginal business gain, at best. I'm really looking forward to this release and will pre-order the moment it hits Steam. A new dawn for cricket games. Love the Glenn Maxwell mo-cap video and the reveal trailers. Looking forward to the ongoing promotion...and, of course, the game itself.
Good to see you..

I am intrigued but somewhat apprehensive.

DBC17 was pretty disappointing for me in the end all told and whereas before I was a buy on Day 1 on both PS4 and PC I'm not so certain I will be this time especially as it's not even been a year since DBC17 was released. If I am to buy again I will be expecting issues such as field settings, stat-tracking, pitch wear and bowled/bat-pads to be addressed. Also I do feel a little bit miffed that DBC17 has just been left to wither on the vine despite spending quite a bit of money on both versions. If I'm gonna invest I am going to want to see the game improve where it counts as Ashes licences and player-likeness are not really a big deal for me.

Yes it is the only cricket gig in town and yes Big Ant have done some excellent work in the last 4/5 years as far as cricket gaming is concerned but I'm certainly not going to jump aboard any hype-train just yet as last year and the product that followed are fresh in the memory.

The new cricket games require the goodness which BLC 99 delivered almost two decades ago, The key features are realistic match atmosphere, Realistic Crowd sound according to different countries, Realistic Batting Animations, Overall hotness in Game. I hope Ashes Cricket would feature some of those and future should be then all licensed teams eventually.

Some great news for us cricket fans. Just hope that this isn't very expensive as $75 because I am not ready to do that. Dropped that much money in DBC 17 when that was a bit of a disappointment. I hope Big Ant silence their critics through this game. So far, the players look quite realistic.

Don't let us down Big Ant, we believe in you! :p :thumbs

Seems like TruBlu aren't in the picture and if that's the case hence a new game and probably all the improvements DBC17 was supposed to have by now but probably blocked by the incompetence of TB. Well done this is positive news

Users who are viewing this thread