Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Very good PR and awareness created by @BigAntStudios for this new game and I'm very excited to see what improvements have been made from DBC17. I feel the individualisation of batsmen styles will add great immersion. In particular, I'm very interested to see how the 'online' scene has been improved.

I feel this game will attract a lot of new gamers with the efforts on PR being made, and with such importance of online gaming being made in sport games nowadays, it will have to have significant improvement over DBC17. I am referring to the bugs/glitches that have been mentioned numerous times in the bugs section in the DBC17 forum.

ECB Commercial Director Sanjay Patel said: “We want cricket to be relevant and accessible to the e-sports generation, helping us develop an even bigger nationwide following for the game at every level.

If the above is to be true, then I hope the online sector is not neglected.

Linking "purchased" (via XP) equipment to performance result is a slippery slope to micro transactions that the community should resist not request. What the actual f.

Also, it's entirely counter to reality. In real life, the better (higher profile) you get the more people will give you stuff for free or pay you to use their equipment...

What an absolutely bollocks "feature".

Lol snowflake alert.
Purchasing stuff with in game FAKE money/currency/resource pts(F1 2017) earned via sporting contracts/achievements/goals in said video game is a staple of career modes. TW2004 for example.
Nobody has suggested using actual money like Fifa micro transactions. We aren't requesting that at all. Absolute bollocks
Besides the concept already exists. We earn xp and purchase attributes with it. Get a grip

Lol snowflake alert.
Purchasing stuff with in game FAKE money/currency/resource pts(F1 2017) earned via sporting contracts/achievements/goals in said video game is a staple of career modes. TW2004 for example.
Nobody has suggested using actual money like Fifa micro transactions. We aren't requesting that at all. Absolute bollocks
Besides the concept already exists. We earn xp and purchase attributes with it. Get a grip

slippery slope to... learn to read/understand.

just because it's a staple doesn't make it good. congratulations on having zero imagination or concept of innovation.

you think Ben Stokes "buys" shoes and runs faster? no, he has multiple companies offering to pay him to wear/endorse their shoes, and he trains.

using earned xp to push attributes is a simulation of performance/training resulting in increased skills. using xp to purchase equipment to "run faster" is a simulation of the mind of an idiot.

Mo-cap is NOT merely cosmetic.

@kulch You don't stand by your post and so edit it?

@kulch You don't stand by your post and so edit it?

I quote people and edit and old drafts turn up. That was from way earlier hours ago when I was at work and didn't finish the post and was accidentally reposted just now. I may not be right but I stand by my posts.[DOUBLEPOST=1505993818][/DOUBLEPOST]
slippery slope to... learn to read/understand.

Is this a conspiracy? The balls in BAs court if micro transactions turn up. That's a long bow you are drawing. Again that's not what I'm suggesting at all

Is this a conspiracy? The balls in BAs court if micro transactions turn up. That's a long bow you are drawing. Again that's not what I'm suggesting at all

This is correct, it would be on BA.

But when the community starts requesting features like this and the morons begging for ultimate team, it's turkeys voting for christmas, eventually a developer is gonna go "why the hell not, i could use a helipad".

i repeat, it's an unrealistic, crap feature that bears no relation to real life and is the top of the slippery slope.

And yes Ben Stokes and even Rahkeem Cornwall would run faster with lighter shoes/pads/bats
Equipment is such a massive element in cricket and I'd love to see it reflected in this to some capacity other then 'looks'

Very good PR and awareness created by @BigAntStudios for this new game and I'm very excited to see what improvements have been made from DBC17. I feel the individualisation of batsmen styles will add great immersion. In particular, I'm very interested to see how the 'online' scene has been improved.

I feel this game will attract a lot of new gamers with the efforts on PR being made, and with such importance of online gaming being made in sport games nowadays, it will have to have significant improvement over DBC17. I am referring to the bugs/glitches that have been mentioned numerous times in the bugs section in the DBC17 forum.

If the above is to be true, then I hope the online sector is not neglected.

not much of an online player myself but my god i hope it's better too - then they can really concentrate on nailing the AI ;)

I am hoping this time we have different UI/HUD. Not a fan of Green one. Looked outdated to me. Presentation is important for me along with other aspects.

Hope we can use the new mo-caps for created players. I want to make a number 11 who plays shots like Joe Root. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1505996702][/DOUBLEPOST]

Interesting... Does this mean a bowler with a slingy action will have a different effect on the ball than one with an upright one?

not much of an online player myself but my god i hope it's better too - then they can really concentrate on nailing the AI ;)

As much as I enjoyed playing (and streaming) vs the AI in DBC17, it is the online mode that provides the most varied experience playing against people with different styles/abilities. One of the major reasons why cricket games were loved so much in previous generations, e.g. ps1/2 was the fact that you can compete with your friends/family locally - with the current technology in console gaming, so much emphasis is put on the online modes in sport games for that very reason. I think it's self-explanatory to see its importance, not only to enjoy the game more, but to expand the community/brand to a whole new level. What was disappointing was seeing very little improvement from DBC14 to 17 online.

There is only so much PR you can do prior to a game's release. If there is genuine depth in the online mode, you will see how quickly the game will self-promote post release through word of mouth.

Hope we can use the new mo-caps for created players. I want to make a number 11 who plays shots like Joe Root. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1505996702][/DOUBLEPOST]

Interesting... Does this mean a bowler with a slingy action will have a different effect on the ball than one with an upright one?

And different batsman having different shot types to the same ball? Imagine if you tried to keep hitting the top of off stump against Steve Smith? He'd slap you through mid wicket all day. You would end up bowling wider and wider until you get slapped through the covers.

It could also work for batsmans weaknesses as well. Imagine trying to constitently bowl full and outside off to cook to try and get the nick. It would be a test of patience, and eventually you may get bored and bowl short and get slapped through gully.

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but then if they had different bowling and batting strengths and weaknesses (i.e. front foot classic play but is shocking at the pull shot) in the academy that would allow for really in-depth customisations...

Users who are viewing this thread