Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Just got dismissed by a short ball; it hit me square on the helmet as I tried to leave the ball - but then it dropped down, I stepped backwards and it rolled behind my legs and onto the stumps. I've got a vid on my PS4 I should put up - anyone seen this dismissal yet? I wasn't even mad

Would love to see that video :yes

I am finding it difficult to spot the impact of the ball using bowling far and other cameras especially in test matches.Using Fixed cam, even though it looks odd to see the bowler runup it has a clear visibility of the ball and the length variation is evident

Thank you for posting this. I am using bowling far and that has been my same "struggle". I want to bowl a consistent line and with bowling far cam I am not getting very good visual feedback of whether I am hitting my marks or not.

I almost wish in single player that you could press LB or RB or whatever button was assigned to it pre-bowl and bring up an immediate overlay of your current overs delivery placements. I know you can pause and go into the big ant bowl info but you have to queue that and it takes about 30 seconds to summon it, I just want quick feedback.

Going to try that fixed cam ASAP

If AI Takes runs using RT Button speed It will be great ... to avoid quick single problem

Sorry to say it here, but facebook is a real toilet for this game right now. Would advice you guys to stay away from crap ashes cricket groups, has a crap experience there...

Ashes17 is really nice anytime better than dbc 17 just minor things patched will be the best cricket game ever made
1.Ai not taking singles.
Won a match against ai odi in a super over but actually ai dint run around 52 singles
2.Outfielders position not right standing lot inside the line option missing :up, normal,back.
3.Few cut shots are going straight toward long off.
4.Stumping on spin bowling.
5.Broadcast batting camera missing in nets training butt's there in tutorial strange.
6.Picture frame rate dropping for few seconds sometimes.
7.The difficulties need to be tweaked a bit online.
8.I feel standard control are really good but there a perticular shot which can't be played.
That shot can very well timed with the classic control.
Will post a vedio of that shot.
Actually these are very minor issues
And I am sure they will patch it overall it's really good game really enjoying it.
It's really smooth.
Thanks for the support and for a game like ashes 17

You sure it's not just bugged in Ashes? In DBC17 i used to alter the batting Ariel display marker custom setting so i had a bit more time to see what kind of delivery would be bowled. It worked fine.

In Ashes I altered the exact same setting in the same way and every single ball became impossible to hit with ALL strokes resulting in a late miss.

Definitely 17 as well.

Here's my bug report video from 17 :

i have played several T20 on Hard batting Legend mode classic control & scored consistently over 200/12 RPO. is it just me or is the batting overall easy at the moment with shots a bit overpowered? (even a tail ender hitting 6 on his first ball). i am on Xbox where there's a bug for sliders so haven't got a chance to play with the settings modified.

I absolutely love the game though..shots are so slick with very nice follow through by batsman after playing the shot. overall look and feel very good. pretty sure will get my money worth this time as well.

Last edited:
Genuinely interested.

Personally I'd rather there was no online and all of Big Ant's time was put into offline game. If there was no online option to the game are there people that wouldn't buy it at all?
All the new sports games(I can think of) has online and is a major aspect. Having said that, since there is no other cricket game available, nobody can complaint if there wasn't one. I don't currently have ps plus, but I might just get subscribed if this works out fine. I tried when it was free last week, had real fun in the beginning. But later when people started exploiting the modifiers, got frustrated and left. Btw the game is a completely different experience online. Everyone should give it a try(two day free ps plus comes along with all the games)
I'm sure bigants will get it right and I trust them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuinely interested.

Personally I'd rather there was no online and all of Big Ant's time was put into offline game. If there was no online option to the game are there people that wouldn't buy it at all?

Unfortunately , you cannot just wish Online away , its here to stay .

I will not buy the game if it has no Online , I "figure" out the AI too quickly and hence have no joy playing against them , but playing against a human , now that gets my heart pumping.

Why is keeper pulling off those insane catches? is this a regular thing too?
I would say the wicket keeper is a bit smarter than I would have liked, at times. But nowhere near the Superhuman keeper from DBC17. Overall it's balanced just about right.

Unfortunately , you cannot just wish Online away , its here to stay .

I will not buy the game if it has no Online , I "figure" out the AI too quickly and hence have no joy playing against them , but playing against a human , now that gets my heart pumping.
I'm not wishing it away. It's not my bag but I know some want it, I was just curious to know if those who are complaining about the state of the online game bought it only to play that. I can understand where you're coming from, I find football games like FIFA (more so) and PES become less enjoyable when playing v AI teams. When I've bought them I usually play for a fortnight or month and then never touch them again unless I have friends round.

I just feel like the expectations versus reality from some online players, and lets be fair offline players, seems skewed. I've played online games, made by far bigger companies than Big Ant, there have been issues. I think some think Big Ant are sitting there with a team the size of Fifa or Madden and doing absolutely nothing to solve issues just counting their money and laughing at all the suckers who have bought the game. A lot of what I've read seems not to be down to the game itself but down to the people playing the game with exploiting modifiers, bouncers, yorkers etc, then blaming Big Ant for the fact that some people are dicks.

Users who are viewing this thread