Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'm not getting that fielding radar on top right, also I'm not getting that mark where the ball is going to pitch. I've heard there are some standard controls and normal controls to change but can't find option to change, please help
PS :- I just bought cd today and played for the first time on PS4

the V shape fielding radar will come after setting standard batting control in general settings
The pitch bowling marker will also be enabled in general settings

Does anyone remember why this game was even made? I thought there was supposed to be some sort of cricket contest on this winter but I guess it didn't end up happening in the end... :facepalm

For the next iteration I would love for there to be a seasons mode where you can play with a International team and guide them through a FTP schedule with Test,ODI,T20 rankings. Have a world cup, champions trophy, T20 WC etc all scheduled in so it feels like there is context when playing international matches rather than just a tour or a casual match.

We are publishing the game ourselves, we are supporting it now and will continue to support it going forward, we require the purchase price x the number of users to cover that development and that support.

So to sum most of the previous pages.... there are people here that want a cricket game that will be supported well after release but do not want to pay for that support. The sure way to not having another cricket game ever produced on console or PC is to sell it for less than it costs to produce and support.

Ask yourselves - why don't EA make a Cricket game?... I'll give you a clue - it's got something to do with requiring the purchase price x the number of users to cover the development and support.

PS: Can these same people also stop asking for a free DBC/Ashes on Android, I'd be grateful.

We are publishing the game ourselves, we are supporting it now and will continue to support it going forward, we require the purchase price x the number of users to cover that development and that support.

So to sum most of the previous pages.... there are people here that want a cricket game that will be supported well after release but do not want to pay for that support. The sure way to not having another cricket game ever produced on console or PC is to sell it for less than it costs to produce and support.

Ask yourselves - why don't EA make a Cricket game?... I'll give you a clue - it's got something to do with requiring the purchase price x the number of users to cover the development and support.

PS: Can these same people also stop asking for a free DBC/Ashes on Android, I'd be grateful.
Thanks ross so many ungrateful people out there and demand

PPS: Whatever the retailers are willing to sell for in the UK is up to them, they pay us the same per disk regardless of charging 49.99 or 20.99 - from my point of view, some people are getting a great deal at the retailers expense, does not mean that we likewise discount the game on any of the sites/stores we control.

For the next iteration I would love for there to be a seasons mode where you can play with a International team and guide them through a FTP schedule with Test,ODI,T20 rankings. Have a world cup, champions trophy, T20 WC etc all scheduled in so it feels like there is context when playing international matches rather than just a tour or a casual match.

You can sort of do that now if you pick a star player career (pick the captain so you can choose the lineup) and then choose to play as the entire team for each match. It's not quite what you said but it's close.

Is anyone finding it hard to take decent wickets? I'm playing a test match against India and I cannot seem to get any wickets, the only wickets I have taken are the shite bat pad ones. Anyone got good tips for bowling? Playing on veteran medium = bat and hard = bowling.

Thanks

Last edited:
While batting before ball is bowled the fielding radar is ok but after playing the shot the radar is inversed making confusion like I played the shot legside but going on offside in radar, Is it normal?

PPS: Whatever the retailers are willing to sell for in the UK is up to them, they pay us the same per disk regardless of charging 49.99 or 20.99 - from my point of view, some people are getting a great deal at the retailers expense, does not mean that we likewise discount the game on any of the sites/stores we control.
Thanks for responding to this and in the other thread.
I do understand now where you are coming from and why there is no physical version for the pc.Most of EA sports titles don't even make it to PC.I imagine there was a discussion about it within big ant for this game.
I will buy the game with some steam card discounting its not much more than db17.
I would like to suggest that there can be some kind of discount next time for people who have bought all 3 as a thank you for supporting big ant.I would also be up for sensibly priced dlcs.We all have our favorite grounds and would love to be able to play them in the game in all their glory.

These are fair points Ross.

From my POV I was a bit burned by DBC17 and the way the support just disappeared for that (I know that it wasn't a simple as you guys just deciding not to, but still it is what happened) and so remain to be convinced that the same thing might not happen again. That's why I'm waiting to see how this support materialises and whether this game goes beyond DBC17 before forking out the money for it.

Users who are viewing this thread