Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Am I the only one who thinks AI has to through the the ball from boundary a bit faster.

At the moment there is mire than 1 run (may be 1.5 runs) on offer after the AI starts to throw from boundary. It has to be tweaked down to little less than a run (may be 0.8-1 run)

Also observed in career mode(not sure if it is because of club level players) that the throws from boundary reach Keeper after multiple bounces, the Keeper collects it literally after come after rolling on the ground, I feel it should come to Keeper in 1 bounce (most times) or max 2 bounces.

Last edited:
I just can't take wickets in this game! Helpppppppppp
Lower the difficulty and just put the ball in the right areas. Most importantly, bowl to your field. If you have a offside packed field, bowl outside off stump and vary your length. If you have a leg side packed field, bowl wicket to wicket and occasionally outside off stump. The key is patience, and if you dont have this, you will never be able to pick up wickets.

Find it so bizarre that people aren't edging the ball. Just played a 40 over session and had about 20 Knicks and thick edges. Only one resulted in a wicket, an inside edge that went straight onto the stumps.
For me I have been getting tons of edges while bowling and also took a 5 fee in career mode yesterday. 3 of those were caught behind, in the slips and keeper, and two were at mid on /mid off. I increased the pace as well in the physics to 55-55 and I genuinely see more edges while bowling.

I cant seem to get many nicks either, sometimes I do and sometimes I'll go 30 odd overs without AI nicking once...Also playing my first test SAF vs SRL and the Sri Lankan batsmen were pacing themselves great 127-3 off 30 overs, zero nicks and all three wickets were them playing unecessary slog shots...

Also why do cutters bounce so high and for people who want the ball to carry if you put the speed up to 90-100 in the modifiers it carries no problem and feels more real like youre bowling with real pace. Put the slips and keeper back too!

Bowling is fun but off late I feel like I need to wait for the next patch mainly because you don't seem to get edges off swing and seam..Plays and misses arent close to bat, sometimes they are but the struggle isn't felt..The main issue at least for me is the one animation which AI plays a loooot which I call the dig out shot , even deliveries on leg side the AI manages to squeeze it to off side flying past any fielder for 4 or runs...The natural feel needs to get back...I mean the initial launch version had so much realism in it..Just purely enjoyed watching the streams yearning when we would get the game in our hands..But it's not so anymore... Maybe they balance those stuff along with the issues that had to be sorted out..But for now I have put a break to the ongoing Ashes mainly because of bowling...And I feel like I am stuck with the short bowling approach to get wickets... Though one thing which is really impressive in the current version is that the AI better player takes up responsibility to get through tougher period which was visible when one batsman was comfortable facing bouncers he would face maximum balls and manage a single late in the over which was really great to see...

20171226020056_1.jpg

AI jumping, hopping in crease to short pitch bowling! (pitch bounce=58, pace minimum speed=60)

Last edited:
What I summed it up is after giving more 500 hrs
For than 100 hrs online.
Batting to the red short ball inswinger to fast medium and fastmedium bowled wider from offstump
Are not getting connected.
Please look into this bigant team

What I summed it up is after giving more 500 hrs
For than 100 hrs online.
Batting to the red short ball inswinger to fast medium and fastmedium bowled wider from offstump
Are not getting connected.
Please look into this bigant team
Playing on backfoot?

Definitely edges are rare as compared to Dbc17 ,while in latter case edges occurence per game has greatly been improved after patch4.I hope edge frequency will be increased without affecting the core game play in the coming patches. However Beta testers know well about the game.

I know there has been a lot of discussion around edges whilst batting.
I'm having a hell of a test match here as Zimbabwe against SA.

I'm struggling at the moment at 5/100, all of those wickets being edges to slips and keeper.

This is on hardest/legendary. Such a struggle for any runs at the moment, loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread