Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I know there has been a lot of discussion around edges whilst batting.
I'm having a hell of a test match here as Zimbabwe against SA.

I'm struggling at the moment at 5/100, all of those wickets being edges to slips and keeper.

This is on hardest/legendary. Such a struggle for any runs at the moment, loving it.

Are you using custom modifiers or 100 all which is standard for hardest?

Also are edges coming on aggressive shots or normal shots and defensive shots as well?

I'm playing local co-op with my friend and we both are in same team, we don't have option to change batting camera, I'm just getting this camera only. Please help
view
Here is the pic
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iZMwGfXeJ06LDDfcBrHjbTORBl7NpD3o/view?usp=drivesdk

Never said that, anywhere, I actually said exactly the opposite in the quote you used, and that we would not be discounting in line with retail.

Does anyone have any idea when the next patch will hit ?
I was hoping the AI field placings would be fixed by now.
Apart from that, the AI chasing in limited overs, being unable to appeal for a caught behind sometimes, the amount of wides bowled by the AI the smaller things I'm sure can wait.

Obviously things like visible pitch cracks/foot marks can wait surely ?

Just get the main things done like the above and out as soon as possible as they are the main things.
That would be better then doing one big patch that we have to wait ages for.

Because those few things in my opinion is what needs fixing to make the game great and completely playable. Especially limited overs games.
Right now it's near impossible to play limited overs games due to these issues.

I think if they fixed the AI fields, the AI chasing in limited overs, the unable to appeal for caught behind and the AI wides bowled/general bowling consistency problems as soon as possible everyone would be happy and willing to wait on anything else including the smaller details however long that takes.

Last edited:
Are you using custom modifiers or 100 all which is standard for hardest?

Also are edges coming on aggressive shots or normal shots and defensive shots as well?
All default sliders. One of them has been from an aggressive shot. The rest with regular drives.

Apart from that, the AI chasing in limited overs, being unable to appeal for a caught behind sometimes, the amount of wides bowled by the AI the smaller things I'm sure can wait.

Just get the main things done like the above and out as soon as possible as they are the main things.

Because those few things in my opinion is what needs fixing to make the game great and completely playable. Especially limited overs games.

I think if they fixed the AI fields, the AI chasing in limited overs, the unable to appeal for caught behind and the AI wides bowled/general bowling consistency problems as soon as possible everyone would be happy and willing to wait on anything else including the smaller details however long that takes.
Think in the direction of end January at the earliest......

Playing on backfoot?
It's online as ai don't bowls that length .
Imswingers red balls can be connected sometimes on backfoot with no power plays in cover only can't play it square or pull.
The bounce is such should be supported with front foot cut and pull.

Why the price dropped so much became a fool buying it at 49 dollars[DOUBLEPOST=1514305909][/DOUBLEPOST]
All default sliders. One of them has been from an aggressive shot. The rest with regular drives.
Tooo long was expecting it by 10 man
San news waiting till end of jan

Attachments

• IMG-20171226-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20171226-WA0012.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 7
Well talk about not getting enough edges while batting nicked 5 times against AI in a single inning playing on default Legend match difficult with batting set to Hardest without tweaking any modifiers/sliders and this is the most I have edged against AI so far.
Match Score - 4th Ashes Test at the MCG Australia 360/8 after 90 overs batting 1st.

Well talk about not getting enough edges while batting nicked 5 times against AI in a single inning playing on default Legend match difficult with batting set to Hardest without tweaking any modifiers/sliders and this is the most I have edged against AI so far.
Match Score - 4th Ashes Test at the MCG Australia 360/8 after 90 overs batting 1st.

the first edge is not an edge..Edges coming from the middle of the bat is a bug and there are happens every now and then in my experience

the first edge is not an edge..Edges coming from the middle of the bat is a bug and there are happens every now and then in my experience
Was actually going to mention that also sometimes ball going through the bat a sort of collision physics maybe .....but felt like an edge in real time.

Was actually going to mention that also sometimes ball going through the bat a sort of collision physics maybe .....but felt like an edge in real time.
Also sometimes if you replay some edges that actually take an edge feels forced/unreleastic..

Also sometimes if you replay some edges that actually take an edge feels forced/unrealistic..

It's because everything is decided about the result of the ball behind the scenes and then the graphics engine renders the result as best it can. If you're waiting for a cricket game with 100% accurate bat and ball physics than will look great in super slow motion every time you could be waiting a long time...

hi all

I have Dbc games in the past, what I want to know is what difficultly and slider settings are good for an above average player?

Just an idea as to what to start as a set up!?
Thanks

I

I haven't touched the modifiers and am thoroughly swamped by edges. I really think people who aren't getting them must be a result of the difficulty, pitch and weather conditions or their batting style - by that I mean what shots the user attempts to play, not the animations. I'm also only using the pitch marker - have tried without too - and so my timing and judgement of length is not always going to be great which will create more edges 'naturally' rather than playing around with the physics modifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread