Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I haven't touched the modifiers and am thoroughly swamped by edges. I really think people who aren't getting them must be a result of the difficulty, pitch and weather conditions or their batting style - by that I mean what shots the user attempts to play, not the animations. I'm also only using the pitch marker - have tried without too - and so my timing and judgement of length is not always going to be great which will create more edges 'naturally' rather than playing around with the physics modifiers.

100% agree. I edge it about as much as I'd expect. Like you I just use the pitch marker as well. Could be something to do with that ?

100% agree. I edge it about as much as I'd expect. Like you I just use the pitch marker as well. Could be something to do with that ?
Probably, I'm more likely to get the footwork wrong sometimes. I tried without the pitch marker but anything above 80mph was just too difficult to see and it winds up being premeditation and not much fun. If anything I'd like the pitch marker to be less accurate, maybe just to indicate length rather than line.

I think you're nervous, something on your mind take that chill pill relax and let it all go... Usually comes naturally... !

Probably, I'm more likely to get the footwork wrong sometimes. I tried without the pitch marker but anything above 80mph was just too difficult to see and it winds up being premeditation and not much fun. If anything I'd like the pitch marker to be less accurate, maybe just to indicate length rather than line.

That would be good idea. What do you have your marker timing set too at the moment ? Because I know some have it set to 10 but sometimes I find I'm just guessing and premeditating with that.

So I noticed you said you don't touch the modifiers. So you don't use Wealeys sliders ?
What difficulty are you playing at ? Surely not hardest, I can't touch the ball on that thing.

So I noticed you said you don't touch the modifiers. So you don't use Wealeys sliders ?
What difficulty are you playing at ? Surely not hardest, I can't touch the ball on that thing.
Hard Batting/Hardest bowling and Legend.

I tried sliders on the last game. I don't feel the need for them on this one, I'd rather play the game as it was released, at least until another patch is released. My main issue is the carry off the pitch to the keeper is often poor.

I don’t get any edges is it getting fixed
Few other ones
Fixed wides too many
Shot force
Wicket keeper and slips need to be back more and slips further apart
Add few features to academy like wrist bands and change the colour of the gloves
Batting and bowling celebrations

Hard Batting/Hardest bowling and Legend.

I tried sliders on the last game. I don't feel the need for them on this one, I'd rather play the game as it was released, at least until another patch is released. My main issue is the carry off the pitch to the keeper is often poor.

Exact same here. Hard batting, hardest bowling and legendary match difficulty. Would of liked it to have been hardest and hardest but batting on hardest ..... not possible. So far not having any issues with lack of edges myself. Agree with the carry off the pitch. The short balls though fly for wides and sometimes byes, yet some of the fuller ones just don't carry at all .....

Can't hit a single four using Backfoot punches(except for cuts and pull) through the offside/legside at 50 shot power, ball just doesn't travel even at ideal timing..also the Backfoot legside flick is tricky as mostly pull animation comes up..Gotta make these shots do the talking in the next patch to make it more interesting..
Also there were two instances where ball hits the middle and I get a sound of edge.
Leaving a ball and getting stumped plus after the leave animation where the batsman coming back to crease making a U-turn has to be looked.

Last edited:
I think now the edges discussion is getting to boring
People who don't time well give edges and people who time the ball well has no edges.
Simple as that.
There are lot of other things needs to be fixed no point cribbing for edges.

Last edited:
Can't hit a single four using Backfoot punches(except for cuts and pull) through the offside/legside at 50 shot power, ball just doesn't travel even at ideal timing..also the Backfoot legside flick is tricky as mostly pull animation comes up..Gotta make these shots do the talking in the next patch to make it more interesting..
Also there were two instances where ball hits the middle and I get a sound of edge.
Leaving a ball and getting stumped plus after the leave animation where the batsman coming back to crease making a U-turn has to be looked.
I feel cut and pull in back foot towards square to short red balls cannot be connected it plays bit finner towards cover on that lenght with no power.

Difficult to fix something when different people having different experiences. I had 7 dismissals in my innings all edges behind on my way to 260.

Others getting none, some getting some.

It's a difficult one.
Depends if all the edges come from the natural process or have a more scripted feel but you are right maybe the can't and shouldn't be fixed as the knock on effects may be negative. Even so, I feel there're more people with positive experiences than negative.

Users who are viewing this thread