Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Would someone mind not arguing and perhaps give me some tips

Relating to Xbox one simple controls, any tips on batting against the short ball i.e how to perform a hook/pull shot?
Thanks

Relating to Xbox one simple controls, any tips on batting against the short ball i.e how to perform a hook/pull shot?
Thanks
They boys always argue here, sure the pull shot isn't back foot collar buttons... ![DOUBLEPOST=1514642299][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello everyone. Are the fielders supposed to catch the ball backwards?
Watch the BBL highlights on YouTube some superb takes.

Thanks

Haven't used "Standard Controls" but my guess would be to point LS in the direction of Square Leg or Fine Leg and press A on Xbox.

They boys always argue here, sure the pull shot isn't back foot collar buttons... ![DOUBLEPOST=1514642299][/DOUBLEPOST]
Watch the BBL highlights on YouTube some superb takes.

But is it supposed to happen, or do i have to change a setting? Anything caught in the deep seems to be taken with the fielder facing the crowd. It looks silly. x

But is it supposed to happen, or do i have to change a setting? Anything caught in the deep seems to be taken with the fielder facing the crowd. It looks silly. x
That's how it is at the moment. No settings to change them either.

I am playing on vetran difficulty with bowling difficulty to hardest but still get the opposition out around 100 in T20s more often then not.
I dont know how is it turning out to be so simple especially in T20s.[DOUBLEPOST=1514646203][/DOUBLEPOST]I think even if I disable gameplay modifiers for batting and bowling they still sometimes become active randomnly. Any recommendations?

It does look silly especially when they hit me for a six and my fielder is looking at the crowd as the ball flies over his head. I'm thinking at least look like you care lol

Why does the first ball of the over always change to a different running camera when im batting. Is this happening with anyone else?

I just got the game and it looks beautiful, and coming from DBC 14, the learning curve is quite steep. I predominantly bat and the first thing I noticed was that I couldn't play off the backfoot to most deliveries, and that's quite disappointing. Given that Smith was one of mo capped players, I had hoped it would be possible to play off the backfoot to most deliveries.

Some other things I noticed was that the placement of the foot is much more important compared to how it was in DBC 14, and gameplay the feels a bit slower. Hoping to try out the modifiers as mentioned in the other thread to see if I can emulate DBC style footwork and game speed.

Another issue I found in my first match was that the bowlers were swinging it like bananas and Starc was bowling cutters like chinaman delivers, turning so sharp, which took away from the immersion. This was in a casual test match between England and Australia, and I was playing as England. The pitch was green and soft. I get that swing is to be expected on a green pitch but so much swing seemed unrealistic. Has anyone else experienced this? The lack of ability to play backfoot shots and this is my biggest issue right now.

Users who are viewing this thread