Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Batting is a joke in this game..
Apart from easy sixes and lack of edges i dont think there are major issues in batting. Ashes cricket batting is definetly a way better than dbc17. Also easy six hitting can be reduced to certain level by using modifiers and reducing shot force. I created a new t20 match type with medium grounds and play with reduced shot force of 20 and with batting modifiers all 100 except shot timing 50 and pitch marker time 15. Please make sure to restart game after changing the modifiers. With these settings i m not able to hit easy sixes every ball.

Lets give bigant a chance and wait for the patch. I m hoping that most of these major issues will be fixed in next patch. Only thing we need now is patience which i m also lacking.

Last edited:
On career mode, my player is English. The only first class competitions I can possibly be considered for are: Australian State Shield and England County Cup. Is it possible to be considered for first class competitions in say India, New Zealand and South Africa?

I noticed that when starting a new career with a star player from India, the first class competitions available are the domestic Indian one and the Australian and English competitions.

I think we can all agree that if stats weren't an integral part of the game, then they shouldn't have even attempted to put then in.

The very fact they did indicates to me it's an element of gameplay and should work as intended. Imagine a baseball game that didn't track RBI or hit % correctly. Or a FIFA game that incorrectly counted appearances and goals. It's part and parcel of a sports career mode in this day and age and without it functioning we are back to a 90s sports title and may as well play a series of single matches.

Anyone here getting wickets through edges to slips and keeper in any format? I played a Test match after the latest update and bowled close to 100 overs and didn't get any wickets via edge to keeper and slips.

Can we save unfinished online match (Test, ODI &T20) and resume it after sometime?...
yes, but you are limited to 5 saved games... beware of this as if you have full slots before you start you cannot save the game you are playing. (the game also auto saves afetr every over taking up one save slot!

Can someone please tell me how to check the shine of the ball and one more thing can spinner shine the ball by pressing the down button in the d pad like fast bowler. When I tried, I could not see any thing happening.

By the way I use XBOX joystick on pc.

Can someone please tell me how to check the shine of the ball and one more thing can spinner shine the ball by pressing the down button in the d pad like fast bowler. When I tried, I could not see any thing happening.

By the way I use XBOX joystick on pc.
hold both triggers in just before you bowl, and i dont think spinners can shine the ball

Anyone here getting wickets through edges to slips and keeper in any format? I played a Test match after the latest update and bowled close to 100 overs and didn't get any wickets via edge to keeper and slips.
Getting plenty in all formats. For me the AI doesn't feel challenging. Both on legend and veteran, Hard and hardest bowling.
Below is one from veteran and hard.
Another 6 wicket haul in a T20. This time by Rashid Ali.

Users who are viewing this thread