Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Apart from easy sixes and lack of edges i dont think there are major issues in batting. Ashes cricket batting is definetly a way better than dbc17. Also easy six hitting can be reduced to certain level by using modifiers and reducing shot force. I created a new t20 match type with medium grounds and play with reduced shot force of 20 and with batting modifiers all 100 except shot timing 50 and pitch marker time 15. Please make sure to restart game after changing the modifiers. With these settings i m not able to hit easy sixes every ball.

Lets give bigant a chance and wait for the patch. I m hoping that most of these major issues will be fixed in next patch. Only thing we need now is patience which i m also lacking.
What about the cut shots and pull shots
And what about backfoot underpower shots

Have the beta testing team has got something new to test on .
As whatever discussion going on is what we have.
I think we all be interested what we get in the next patch.
Are the beta testing team testing any thing new.
Any focus on this from anyone.
What kind if improvements we can get in next patch.

Everything is being fixed apart from stats.

If we were, I wouldn't tell you

Can the fielders dive in this game to save boundaries

Everything is being fixed apart from stats.
U don't understand the game of cricket saying everything fixed.
I advise u take a dairy or laptop and maintain ur stats why to disturb bigants for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1515318454][/DOUBLEPOST]
If we were, I wouldn't tell you
Read somewhere next patch expected in Jan end
So u want to say that there are no further patches or they going to update next patch without testing.

I advise u take a dairy or laptop and maintain ur stats why to disturb bigants for that.[DOUBLEPOST=1515318454][/DOUBLEPOST]
So u want to say that there are no further patches or they going to update next patch without testing.
Milk won't help.

You do realise, people like yourself are the exact reason why information like that isn't disclosed as much these days?

Getting plenty in all formats. For me the AI doesn't feel challenging. Both on legend and veteran, Hard and hardest bowling.
Below is one from veteran and hard.
Another 6 wicket haul in a T20. This time by Rashid Ali.

I thought it was just me but AI really plays un naturally in T20s and even in ODIs to some extent.

In T20 matches even if AI is chasing 102 runs it starts to hit from ball one and get all out aound 70, 80 on most of the occasions. Legend difficulty that is.

AI should take risk according to the runs it requires and adjust the gameplan according to the wickets lost.

What about the cut shots and pull shots
And what about backfoot underpower shots
I have been insisting that shot animation And the area to where ball is going are different and weird for outside off stump deliveries bowled in short and good length, if i try to play towards onside .
(Batsman seems to play cover drive but ball is going to onside if i tried to play flick or leg glance or pull for good and short length on just outside off stump)

But for me pull and yorker length deliveries on any line could be well played with better animation.
I hope BA to fix the issues i am facing.

Last edited:
95% of the times AI loses 5,6 wickets within 1st 6 overs of a T 20 match on legend difficulty.

No matter what AI is chasing chaisng it goes the same way and loses half the batting lineup inside first 6 overs.

While bowling animations and other stuff is good, the gameplay by AI in T20s is pretty monotonous and doesnt give any interesting finishes.

According to me limited overs “Gameplay” really needs improvement. I am talking about difficulty in restricting the AI from scoring big or chasing, like proper competition from AI which is one of the reasons why we play games.

95% of the times AI loses 5,6 wickets within 1st 6 overs of a T 20 match on legend difficulty.

No matter what AI is chasing chaisng it goes the same way and loses half the batting lineup inside first 6 overs.

While bowling animations and other stuff is good, the gameplay by AI in T20s is pretty monotonous and doesnt give any interesting finishes.

According to me limited overs “Gameplay” really needs improvement. I am talking about difficulty in restricting the AI from scoring big or chasing, like proper competition from AI which is one of the reasons why we play games.
I've noticed that I will frequently get 2-4 wickets in powerplays in ODI and T20. That being said I've lost my last two T20 matches after they scored 200ish and 170.

I am sorry I dont want to sound critical. I respect the work developers and beta testers have put in.

However, its not very enjoyable when you are playing on legend difficulty and you get the teams out on 70 and 56 on two consecutive matches in T20 league.

When this happens it doesnt feel like a game, just beautiful animantions and shots, edges etc but thats it as AI just cant chase anything or play according to the situation.

There is no thrill, no rush of blood like real cricket when 15 runs are needed in 5 balls and batsman hit a six.

In ashes 2017 AI doesnt have the abolity to even get in that situation let alone chasing 15 in 5 balls.

In DBC 17 there were occassions when AI reached such situation but then leaving or stopping the ball at that point killed any thrill.

According to me international cricket 2010 was one of the best games in terms of competition in T20s and thrill wise though it was only released on consoles. If you guys have seen or played that game, I believe you would have before starting the DBC series, then thats the level of T20 AI which will take the game to next level.

ODI AI also needs improvement. Test one
is the best one I have seen, i have played all the cricket games released but hands down Test AI of Ashes 2017 is probably the best one.[DOUBLEPOST=1515329170][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've noticed that I will frequently get 2-4 wickets in powerplays in ODI and T20. That being said I've lost my last two T20 matches after they scored 200ish and 170.

Yes may be then it happens only when AI is chasing but it kills all the enjoyment and it becomes so predictable.
I dont even have to change the bowlers as I know AI will give in at some point during the power play and exactly that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread