Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I am sorry I dont want to sound critical. I respect the work developers and beta testers have put in.

However, its not very enjoyable when you are playing on legend difficulty and you get the teams out on 70 and 56 on two consecutive matches in T20 league.

When this happens it doesnt feel like a game, just beautiful animantions and shots, edges etc but thats it as AI just cant chase anything or play according to the situation.

There is no thrill, no rush of blood like real cricket when 15 runs are needed in 5 balls and batsman hit a six.

In ashes 2017 AI doesnt have the abolity to even get in that situation let alone chasing 15 in 5 balls.

In DBC 17 there were occassions when AI reached such situation but then leaving or stopping the ball at that point killed any thrill.

According to me international cricket 2010 was one of the best games in terms of competition in T20s and thrill wise though it was only released on consoles. If you guys have seen or played that game, I believe you would have before starting the DBC series, then thats the level of T20 AI which will take the game to next level.

ODI AI also needs improvement. Test one
is the best one I have seen, i have played all the cricket games released but hands down Test AI of Ashes 2017 is probably the best one.[DOUBLEPOST=1515329170][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes may be then it happens only when AI is chasing but it kills all the enjoyment and it becomes so predictable.
I dont even have to change the bowlers as I know AI will give in at some point during the power play and exactly that happens.
That was the AI batting first.

I've had slightly different experiences playing T20s against AI (playing on PS4 with the latest patch against Legend difficulty).

On the whole, the AI batting seems fine. Fixing the running between wickets bug in the latest patch makes the AI keep the score ticking and reach competitive scores. The biggest problem with the AI batting still is (and has always been as far as I can remember) it's inability to take the end-of-match situation into account -- if 4 runs are needed of the last ball, the AI batsman would defend or play a tame ground shot. This completely ruins any believability, and worse, makes what could be a tense ending to a match a real anti-climax. I can't figure out why this is so hard to fix - even having special logic kick in for the last over of a match would make the gameplay more realistic.

The other big problems with the AI in T20s are:
1. AI bowling changes are scripted and inane - I would whack a bowler for 30 runs in two overs, and the AI would still bring him back for the third over, when there are other bowlers who have bowled better in the match
2. AI field placements are ridiculous at times - e.g. the AI would you start the last over of a T20 match with an aggressive field (eg. with 6 infielders), and worse, have fielders up in zones where I've already hit down the ground previously (e.g. have mid-on and mid-off up when I've already hit several 4s/6s straight down the ground earlier in the match)

If these few issues can be fixed, I believe it should be the best limited overs experience in a cricket game.

I've had slightly different experiences playing T20s against AI (playing on PS4 with the latest patch against Legend difficulty).

On the whole, the AI batting seems fine. Fixing the running between wickets bug in the latest patch makes the AI keep the score ticking and reach competitive scores. The biggest problem with the AI batting still is (and has always been as far as I can remember) it's inability to take the end-of-match situation into account -- if 4 runs are needed of the last ball, the AI batsman would defend or play a tame ground shot. This completely ruins any believability, and worse, makes what could be a tense ending to a match a real anti-climax. I can't figure out why this is so hard to fix - even having special logic kick in for the last over of a match would make the gameplay more realistic.

The other big problems with the AI in T20s are:
1. AI bowling changes are scripted and inane - I would whack a bowler for 30 runs in two overs, and the AI would still bring him back for the third over, when there are other bowlers who have bowled better in the match
2. AI field placements are ridiculous at times - e.g. the AI would you start the last over of a T20 match with an aggressive field (eg. with 6 infielders), and worse, have fielders up in zones where I've already hit down the ground previously (e.g. have mid-on and mid-off up when I've already hit several 4s/6s straight down the ground earlier in the match)

If these few issues can be fixed, I believe it should be the best limited overs experience in a cricket game.

I am playing on PC. Whenever the AI is chasing agaisnt me no matter the total it always gives 4,5 free wickets in powerplay and 95% of the times fail to chase any kind of total.[DOUBLEPOST=1515343424][/DOUBLEPOST]
That was the AI batting first.

Ok then it looks problem is for both AI setting the target or chasing, collapse happen in the power play.

Is there any point using classic controls to bat? I might just start using standard again, don't see the difference in using classic at all apart from having to press more buttons to do what you want which can be problematic when using low pitch slider setting etc

Have we come to any consensus as to whether lots of custom logos actually affect gameplay? (PS4)

Might not be just logos , it’s just the academy I recon ...
It’s just a batting slog no edges very hard to be out when batting , bowling I think is excellent and you feel you have a chance bowling .

No batting is just too easy, end of. Had been throughout
Yeah, even though I get out plenty it's always down to me. It would be nice to have some dismissalls where you think 'I just couldn't do anything about that' rather than 'I shouldn't have done that'.

Not talking about pre-programmed dimissals just balls that are offer a greater challenge or greater punishment for bad timing, footwork or shot selection.

Might not be just logos , it’s just the academy I recon ...
It’s just a batting slog no edges very hard to be out when batting , bowling I think is excellent and you feel you have a chance bowling .

Apart from when you can't appeal for catches and batsmen given out stay in the crease and continue like nothing happened...

8 edges in one innings. Veteran Difficulty, Hard Bowling, No Academy downloads and default settings.

I have all the logos and had more than 20 edges in a T20 match with bowling....
Veteran Difficulty, Hard Bowling, Grassy and Pristine pitch with Cloudy weather.

Also a cracker of a leg spinner from maxwell.\

Users who are viewing this thread