Ashes Cricket General Discussion

My first impression: I loved it the way game looks and feels... I started Ashes series as soon game started, and played under hard and veteran settings... I choose England and they get bowl first... for me it take time to understand the bowling physic of a fast bowlers... first 5 overs bowled lots of wide's and noballs, but after 10 overs I slightly got control over it... I choose Wokes and bowled wonderful in-swing delivery to Warner... ball takes turn from offside stump (pitch) to leg stump quite beautifully... Warner had no clue...

Updated to version 1.06
Now I will spend time to set all academy teams...

Practice makes perfect..Also, if you smash them all over the park and get few edges that is also not a happy place to be in..
I rarely use aggressive shots. Mostly aggressive grounded ones. However as I said, I don't think I have mastered batting yet. I use classic controls though.
At the same time I found AI batting, especially while chasing, to be very dissapointing.
Below are some of the AI batting issues I had:-
  • Veteran and Legend T20 and ODI AI batting not challenging enough. Chases are always lost by big margin.
  • Cut shot going to mid off getting caught.
  • Aggressive prod/dig shots.
  • Back foot defence getting caught to mid off and cover frequently.
Haven't played enough test matches. At the same time I'm trying out PRO Difficulty to see if it make any difference.

Does anyone know if there is a way to ensure we play at grounds that are a little more realistic in career mode, please?

I ask this because I've just started a career for the first time and I'm playing as a little club situated along the Southern coast of England and the surroundings in-game, as pretty as they may be, do not really make for a realistic feel: Little English seaside towns are generally lacking in Alpine-esque mountains and urban jungles!

Does anyone know if there is a way to ensure we play at grounds that are a little more realistic in career mode, please?

I ask this because I've just started a career for the first time and I'm playing as a little club situated along the Southern coast of England and the surroundings in-game, as pretty as they may be, do not really make for a realistic feel: Little English seaside towns are generally lacking in Alpine-esque mountains and urban jungles!

You'd have to create your own teams (along with stadiums for them to play in) and then add them to the career mode at the start I believe.

I rarely use aggressive shots. Mostly aggressive grounded ones. However as I said, I don't think I have mastered batting yet. I use classic controls though.
At the same time I found AI batting, especially while chasing, to be very dissapointing.
Below are some of the AI batting issues I had:-
  • Veteran and Legend T20 and ODI AI batting not challenging enough. Chases are always lost by big margin.
  • Cut shot going to mid off getting caught.
  • Aggressive prod/dig shots.
  • Back foot defence getting caught to mid off and cover frequently.
Haven't played enough test matches. At the same time I'm trying out PRO Difficulty to see if it make any difference.
First match on PRO Difficulty and probable got my best T20 match till date. Not sure if it's just a one off, definitely gonna try more matches on Pro and find out.

Loving the ebb and flow of the game. In my 1993 Ashes match after two very buggy stumpings I was left trailing Australia by 54, feeling pissed off and that I'm gonna have no chance. Three overs later I have Australia 11/4. Then Boon and Waugh put on 100 in about 33 overs. I pitch up a leg cutter, David Boon plants his foot for a forward defensive, the ball moves away and clips the edge of his bat. Now I can bring back a fresh Devon Malcolm to pepper the lower order.

Just putting this here. Do not insult others. If you don't agree with the points made by a particular member, point it out respectfully. English is not first language for many users who post here. No need to make fun of that. And calling loser to others is not acceptable either.
If he insults it's fine if i do it's wrong what a great judgement

Hello all. Posted this earlier but I can't seem to find it, and have no alerts on it.
Is there a way to apply long sleeves to individual players? May be I'm missing something obvious. Appreciate the help.

Just a random question, it says when Steve Smith is batting it will replicate him...when I was bowling to AI Smith everything was okay but he didn't walk forward in his crease?...So it's not like him actually :p

Just a random question, it says when Steve Smith is batting it will replicate him...when I was bowling to AI Smith everything was okay but he didn't walk forward in his crease?...So it's not like him actually :p

Smith's animations aren't in the game. Some people are saying they are but they either haven't seen Smith bat or they haven't been watching properly.

Had an absolute thriller that I lost.

Needed 315 to win and at the end of day three it was five wickets left with 75 to get. Unfortunately I had Angus Fraser, Steve Watkin, Peter Such and Devon Malcolm waiting if Stewart or Ramprakash got out.

One of them did and I eventually lost by 14 runs. If it wasn't for two stumpings out of my control in the first innings and one in those last five wickets in the second I might have had enough runs. Not sure if it's down to low footwork ratings but each time I had left the ball and the batsman stepped out of the crease and the bails were whipped off. It happened several times during the match but only seemed to count as a wicket for the bowlers. Bizarre.

In general it was a really good match, varied dismissals, edges, bowled, bat pads (caught by the rampant keepers) and most importantly enjoyable. Lowering the ratings may have helped in some aspects; more edges, more play and missing, boundaries harder to come by, more running of 3s.

The game definitely feels like it has a sweet spot; if you get the right pitch, right teams (in terms of skill level), right conditions, right difficulty and settings then it just comes alive. Of course my ability or lack thereof comes into it. And it's not a game you can assess after one match.

Confidence definitely needs changing. Players come out with green confidence in second innings and it seems to be based on balls faced rather than runs scored. So it feels like there's not much difference between a player who gets 10 from 50 and one who would score 300 from 500. I think I'd sooner see a player with a first innings score of 100+ coming out in green, 50-99 in amber/orange and everyone else in red. I still play batsmen in but it feels like I'm paying lip service to realism when I could probably start crashing four from the off.

The other thing is that AI bowling seems to have too much variation of deliveries. Spinners seem to bowl more balls that turn in the opposite direction than you'd expect, I think more variation of bounce and flight of their stock delivery would be more realistic. Although there are bowlers for whom that wouldn't fit the bill. It'd be good to know how exactly balls are chosen, whether they bowl everything regardless of the skill rating for each delivery or if they only bowl balls with a decent skill rating. If it were the latter I'd just start putting a lot of off spinners with next to no rating for doosra. Although I'm uncertain as to whether the balls going in the opposite direction aren't more likely arm balls.

Likewise certain pace bowlers seem to bowl too many cutters when the ball is swinging. It'd would be so much better to have greater explanations of exactly how the bowler mentalities work. I can see some differences but it's usually one extreme to another.

Smith's animations aren't in the game. Some people are saying they are but they either haven't seen Smith bat or they haven't been watching properly.

Well to be fair I've only gotten back into cricket again since the Ashes begun after a 4-5 year lay off...Okay so the animations that are supposed to be Smiths, why doesn't Smith take that step forward, I see other batsmen in the game doing it but not Smith!?

I thought for sure Style 5 was Smith's action. In my videos I use that style and he has a little shuffle before the ball is delivered

Users who are viewing this thread